***OcUK FIRST - OCZ Vertex 3 Available to Pre-Order!***

Soldato
Moved it onto my Intel (SATA2) controller and it's actually quicker than the Marvell (SATA3) one. Poor chipset, the Marvell one, lots seem to be having problems with S3 devices.

Soo, bit the bullet and decided on a Sandybridge upgrade. Should be more than the storage running quicker :)

Yes the Marvell controller is rubbish for high performance SSDs, I purchased a board with SATA3 Marvell ports on them and ended up going back to the Intel controller which gave better performance even though it was SATA2.

OcUK Staff
OP
Any news on the drives Gibbo? Assume we are on track for the Friday delivery?

Hi there

Well there is now 130 on the way, that leaves over 60 spare, so more than enough to go round now.

ETA's un-confirmed but the drives have left Hong Kong and are now in the air. Best guess is either tomorrow or Friday. :)

Associate
Hi there

Well there is now 130 on the way, that leaves over 60 spare, so more than enough to go round now.

ETA's un-confirmed but the drives have left Hong Kong and are now in the air. Best guess is either tomorrow or Friday. :)

pssst...tommorow is Friday.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Testbed Specs:
Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.6GHz
16GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
Asus P67
Intel 40GB SSD Boot Drive

single drive results look a bit slow on CDM - not sure whats going on there :confused:

Single Drive Benchmarks:
vertex3singledrive.jpg

RAID 0 Benchmarks:
vertex3raid0.jpg

Associate
to buy or not to buy, how would this compare to a 120gb Revo?

The standard Revo should be faster that a V3 on sata2, about the same on sata3 (given the figures above). The Revo x2 is faster than the the V3 R0 figures above.

My three V2 50GB drives in R0 scores higher than a pair of V3 120GB and slightly cheaper than a single Vertex 3. I will wait a bit for the prices and stock to stabilise before getting a pair of V3s, the rest of the family will have to wait for their SSD upgrade!

Soldato
The standard Revo should be faster that a V3 on sata2, about the same on sata3 (given the figures above). The Revo x2 is faster than the the V3 R0 figures above.

My three V2 50GB drives in R0 scores higher than a pair of V3 120GB and slightly cheaper than a single Vertex 3. I will wait a bit for the prices and stock to stabilise before getting a pair of V3s, the rest of the family will have to wait for their SSD upgrade!

Theres no TRIM on a Revo Is there though as it is internal Raid. So that would be one of the major selling points of the Vertex 3, Revo performance with TRIM!

Back
Top Bottom