• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
What fan issue are you referring to? I'm aware of the one with the founders edition which was supposedly fixed with a driver update...

Fan issues regarding the Gigabyte Extreme edition -

'first wave of Gigabyte Xtreme reach USA yesterday but unfortunately some owners reported same QC problem with the middle fan hitting the X bar logo in front of it.'

Soldato
Or maybe I've followed just over 100 pages and missed that bit. Why so angry?
Also no Reddit access where I am :(

not angry, just really surprised that literally three posts above yours was this;

first wave of Gigabyte Xtreme reach USA yesterday but unfortunately some owners reported same QC problem with the middle fan hitting the X bar logo in front of it.

its not "hidden somewhere within 100 pages", its literally just above your post

Associate
Well my Inno3D 4x Air Boss has arrived. Must say it is a very sexy card. One thing noticed though, is there were no adaptors, cables included with it, even though there was a cut out for them in the box. Just the card, and license / DVD stuff, oh and Haribo.

Associate
I'll be rather annoyed if having waited all this time I get an annoying noise from some misalignment. Hopefully it is just a vocal minority and we won't get those issues!

On the plus side those clocks sound good.
I'm hoping for that too, it seems that not everybody is having the issue.

Worrying all the same but those boost clocks are impressive so very interested to see what these cards are capable of. Can't wait to get mine.

Caporegime
I'm hoping for that too, it seems that not everybody is having the issue.

Worrying all the same but those boost clocks are impressive so very interested to see what these cards are capable of. Can't wait to get mine.

Shrouds can be fixed, mended though. I would be more worried about all the people complaining about the coil whine on these cards. Far more than the ones complaining about misaligned shrouds.

Associate
Well my Inno3D 4x Air Boss has arrived. Must say it is a very sexy card. One thing noticed though, is there were no adaptors, cables included with it, even though there was a cut out for them in the box. Just the card, and license / DVD stuff, oh and Haribo.

Mine arrived too (cheers again all at OCuk).

I agree, cut out was empty of cables etc? Haribo has already been scoffed and part number, closest match on the Inno3d website is indeed the V1 (not completely identical, but C108V4 is v1, C108C4 is v2).

It is however a monstrously huge behemoth!

Associate
Expecting a GLH today, apparently the 1080 driver is the same as the one I currently have for my GTX 760 - does anyone recommend uninstalling everything with DDU or not bother since its the same driver?

I'm a little concerned because my Acer Predator XB270HUDbmiprz only goes up to 120hz instead of 144hz - OC say its probably the card, Asus say it should handle it so perhaps a full driver reinstall is in order when I put it in?

Soldato
Expecting a GLH today, apparently the 1080 driver is the same as the one I currently have for my GTX 760 - does anyone recommend uninstalling everything with DDU or not bother since its the same driver?

I'm a little concerned because my Acer Predator XB270HUDbmiprz only goes up to 120hz instead of 144hz - OC say its probably the card, Asus say it should handle it so perhaps a full driver reinstall is in order when I put it in?
No reason not to do a clean install via DDU IMO. Only takes a couple of minutes and gives you peace of mind that you won't get any issues resulting from driver nonsense.

Associate
Switched a GLH order to a Golden Sample a few hours back, and was told it should ship today.
It's the cooler operation that interests me more than the factory clocks.
Hasn't moved yet though, which isn't a great sign. Will wait and see.

Rather annoyingly, no movement on the Golden Sample, despite switching the order to it yesterday from a GLH, multiple units in stock and being promised it'd move later in the day. Talk about dropping the ball.
Probably time to give up, and just keep the FTW order elsewhere......still stuck in the same launch mess-up by EVGA, but at least I'll have it (eventually) at a price far below what it goes for now both at OCUK and elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom