• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Is it me or is the Gouging getting a bit ridiculous now...The £ is rising, yet the Gaming X 1080 in the last 24 hours has done this

£655.99 - £669.99 - £679.99. Heck I don't mind a bit of profit, but that's ridiculous.

So that is totally not EU related. Bearing in mind I am sure these cards were £619.00 on pre-order, that's £60 on each card sold now.

Last edited:
Associate
Is it me or is the Gouging getting a bit ridiculous now...The £ is rising, yet the Gaming X 1080 in the last 24 hours has done this

£655.99 - £669.99 - £379.99. Heck I don't mind a bit of profit, but that's ridiculous.

So that is totally not EU related.

It would be incredibly optimistic to say it's rising. It's pretty much holding steady at rock bottom - it's still lower than it was at the end of Friday.

Associate
It would be incredibly optimistic to say it's rising. It's pretty much holding steady at rock bottom - it's still lower than it was at the end of Friday.

Pretty sure it is now equal to what it was in February contrary to a lot of scaremongering.

Compared to June? Sure, its "catastrophic" - thats because it was over inflated anyway. It was never going to stay at 1.5. But I'd argue that we weren't seeing the price drops for the 1.5 rate we saw at the end of June, so why so quick to put up.

If you compare it to the 1.5 it is low, but 1.33 is only about .10 from the norm. It's hardly a crash.

Associate
Most of the reviews done on the FTW have been done by Americans not saying that bothers me. But what does bother me is they seem to forget about the UK till last.

If it's any consolation the FTW I've had on preorder since May in Sweden has been further delayed until mid/late august.

That's why I gave up and ordered a gaming x from OCuk

- even that has been stuck on "The order is in process" for a couple of days, despite it being in and stock

Associate
Still would like to hear if Ben knows how many SC are coming in next week - a few people have asked now and the silence is starting to make me think the answer is zero...

HAHA, no sorry just I have a lot on with work at the moment as I am sure you can appreciate.

Can confirm the SC delivery will be the same size as the FTW delivery. 50 more units.

Again to re-iterate I expect landing OCUK hopefully Wednesday 6th/ worst case Thursday 7th.

Sorry I usually update at night the forums so hadn't seen the nervous posts.

Plenty of GTX1070 SC coming in on this same delivery also.

Associate
If it's any consolation the FTW I've had on preorder since May in Sweden has been further delayed until mid/late august.

- even that has been stuck on "The order is in process" for a couple of days, despite it being in and stock

I'd contact CS.

It has been in stock twice since then and is now out of stock again.

HAHA, no sorry just I have a lot on with work at the moment as I am sure you can appreciate.

Can confirm the SC delivery will be the same size as the FTW delivery. 50 more units.

Again to re-iterate I expect landing OCUK hopefully Wednesday 6th/ worst case Thursday 7th.

Gotta say Ben - EVGA Screwed up this time. I'd love to know how MSI can pump them out and EVGA have had so many issues. I'd be interested to know how much it has financially cost you as a company as I am sure the Coffer counters will. Yes you will still do well, but it's gotta be in the hundreds just from this site.

I was an EVGA Loyalist but the wait has been dreadful where as your competitors have for the most part, delivered.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know it's a decent card from what I've seen so far, however the size of the cooler/weight and card sag over time is the only thing putting me off slightly. Can you also let me know if the LEDs can be switched off via geforce experience? I swear these aib cards use LEDs to force you to use their own software unless you want a christmas tree inside your case.

Yeah I'm curious about the LEDs myself

With regards to the LED lighting - as far as I can see GeForce experience doesn't control the lighting. The Palit Thundermaster software does. You can turn it off once in there and then uninstall the app if you wish.

Alternatively, there's a small 4 pin connector on the board you can unplug:
VSDR1Wjl.jpg

Associate

Hi El Zorro

Interested to hear this as I also do look after Sweden with EVGA, where was your order? I will be delivering to my premier Nordic clients also on Wednesday/Thursday next week on the SC and FTW 1080 cards.

Ben

Associate
Pretty sure it is now equal to what it was in February contrary to a lot of scaremongering.

Compared to June? Sure, its "catastrophic" - thats because it was over inflated anyway. It was never going to stay at 1.5. But I'd argue that we weren't seeing the price drops for the 1.5 rate we saw at the end of June, so why so quick to put up.

If you compare it to the 1.5 it is low, but 1.33 is only about .10 from the norm. It's hardly a crash.

Look back a bit further. February was definitely a pretty big dip too and likely related to the EU negotiations at the time. Average for the last 6 years is 1.52 according to the IRS website I just found.

Associate
Hi El Zorro

Interested to hear this as I also do look after Sweden with EVGA, where was your order? I will be delivering to my premier Nordic clients also on Wednesday/Thursday next week on the SC and FTW 1080 cards.

Ben

Got to say Ben your really hard to get a hold off and or get information out of !

Whats going on With EVGA? MSI and Gigabyte are beating you in pumping out stock orders and keeping customers happy whats going on?

Associate

Thanks for the update.

Sadly, at 106th in the queue, this looks like I still have another 2/3 weeks to wait unless my order elsewhere comes in ahead of that.

Associate
Look back a bit further. February was definitely a pretty big dip too and likely related to the EU negotiations at the time. Average for the last 6 years is 1.52 according to the IRS website I just found.

If that's the case I stand corrected. As far as I last checked, the average was closer to 1.40.

I'm not too bothered - I have my card, I just don't like the smell of it. I get business needs to run, but sometimes feel in a competitive market and a rather niche hobby, it's better not to bite the hand that feeds you.

Got to say Ben your really hard to get a hold off and or get information out of !

Whats going on With EVGA? MSI and Gigabyte are beating you in pumping out stock orders and keeping customers happy whats going on?

My sentiments exactly MrSniper.

Associate
I'd contact CS.

It has been in stock twice since then and is now out of stock again.

Gotta say Ben - EVGA Screwed up this time. I'd love to know how MSI can pump them out and EVGA have had so many issues. I'd be interested to know how much it has financially cost you as a company as I am sure the Coffer counters will. Yes you will still do well, but it's gotta be in the hundreds just from this site.

I was an EVGA Loyalist but the wait has been dreadful where as your competitors have for the most part, delivered.

I can 100% guarentee EVGA have delivered to date more GTX1080 stocks than any other AIC (MSI/Gigabyte/Asus etc...) I have had this confirmed to me.

If this is not the perception you are getting I apologise for this but it is fact.

Ben

Back
Top Bottom