• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
Not OcUK, I would normally have chosen them but I had a discount and there was a Boulton and Watt difference. All prices have now risen so much that I'd lose £100 for my impatience.

I have ordered a 1070 block from OcUK which is on hold until I get my card.

lol at your sig.

Soldato
35th in the queue for the EVGA Classified which i think is pretty good, don't let me down for the first batch to arrive, how many units are coming for this card Gibbo:)

Soldato
I've got a strix on order st £620 and I'm considering dropping it. These delays do nothing for my confidence in the card and we know it won't overclock any better than others anyway. Really they don't have any redeeming points because the customer service for asus sucks too.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Don't hold out for better clocks. Quieter and better cooling yes but don't really see the point in worrying about clock speeds. I am seeing 2.1 boost on the cheap Inno3D (£550) after minimal tweaking, plus it was boosting near 1.9 at stock anyway. Even if you saw 2.2 what's that as a performance gain over 2.0 that pretty much all cards do? 3%?

Just ask for something likely to show up and go for it :)

Associate
Don't hold out for better clocks. Quieter and better cooling yes but don't really see the point in worrying about clock speeds. I am seeing 2.1 boost on the cheap Inno3D (£550) after minimal tweaking, plus it was boosting near 1.9 at stock anyway. Even if you saw 2.2 what's that as a performance gain over 2.0 that pretty much all cards do? 3%?

Just ask for something likely to show up and go for it :)

How do you find the noise and temps on the X2?

Associate
Warehouse informs me truck only just arrived and delivery is huge, over 500 Zotacs, all will be booked in tomorrow AM and nearly 500 Palit cards too. Some proper volumes though MSI have shipped us now well over 1k units which is why they often show in stock. :)

Hopefully they'll keep coming in as I'm dying to get my card after my silly mistake! :p

Associate

Don't care for 2.1GHz or 2.2 but I really hate noisy and warm coolers so I'm super picky over aftermarket versions/despise reference blowers, especially when spending £600+. Hybrid will run 60c max without the need for 2000rpm+ fans and also rear exhaust heat so happy to wait. Got order in before prices went sky high too so not much more than the premium OC cards.

Last edited:
Associate
Finally got my second mortgage funds through for a 1080 only to find prices have gone stratospheric. Any views on where they are heading over the next week or two? Looking for sub 600 (and not the clown card).

Associate
Finally got my second mortgage funds through for a 1080 only to find prices have gone stratospheric. Any views on where they are heading over the next week or two? Looking for sub 600 (and not the clown card).

Will have to wait for production to seriously ramp up so there is plenty of stock available before retailers lower the "in demand" prices. Looking at August the earliest for supply to start catching up with demand imo.

Associate
I generally post on this forum in my spare time after hours of work so sorry if you can't get me all the time.

Again re-iterating the above point our deliveries will have exceeded all other AICs.

Ben
Hey Ben,

so OCUK stock is expected Wed/Thu next week.

Any info on Caseking (DE)? They are also a big EVGA partner and just recently changed their ETA to 'Unknown' for all EVGA cards after delaying it like three times. Of course they also happily took my money over a month ago... :rolleyes:

I'm in the first 10 of their queue for the FTW so I hope the first FTW delivery will cover my order.

(I think Caseking is fine to name here since OCUK is an acquisition of them iirc)

Soldato
Hey Ben,

so OCUK stock is expected Wed/Thu next week.

Any info on Caseking (DE)? They are also a big EVGA partner and just recently changed their ETA to 'Unknown' for all EVGA cards after delaying it like three times. Of course they also happily took my money over a month ago... :rolleyes:

I'm in the first 10 of their queue for the FTW so I hope the first FTW delivery will cover my order.

(I think Caseking is fine to name here since OCUK is an acquisition of them iirc)

I'm pretty sure Ben said that all european partners would receive stock next week. Hence why there's only 50 of each card. They have a lot of partners through out Europe

Associate
Looks like some Inno3D X4s came into general stock just now. Does that mean my pre-order should ship today?

Matt

Edit: Called CS and they said yes and I changed it to Saturday delivery :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had confirmation from another retailer that my pre-order (2nd June) of an EVGA FTW 1080 is due for delivery on July 6th, below is a snippet:

bpBvBhN.png

This date looks to tie into when OCUK receive their first batch too - link

Apparently I'm within that batch too so by this time next week I should finally have a working card (had to return a DOA Zotac already :( )

Kinda glad things have worked out as they did as I managed to snag it at £589 - 5% student discount = £559

Pes x

Last edited:
Associate
Just gone for the Inno 3D X2. In stock. Under 600. Before the price goes any higher. I'm not concerned about a few FPS I could get for another 100 quid.

OcUK Staff
OP
Just gone for the Inno 3D X2. In stock. Under 600. Before the price goes any higher. I'm not concerned about a few FPS I could get for another 100 quid.

Yes the team is now booking in stock, over 1000 10 series to book in, infact closer to 2000 cards from Inno3D, Zotac, KFA2. :)

Some real proper volumes finally, though in fairness MSI have being king for us on 1080 shipments putting the stock into us because they can see we have pre-sold so many and MSI have now shipped over 1000x 1070 into us, so real good volumes. :)

Associate
Yes the team is now booking in stock, over 1000 10 series to book in, infact closer to 2000 cards from Inno3D, Zotac, KFA2. :)

Some real proper volumes finally, though in fairness MSI have being king for us on 1080 shipments putting the stock into us because they can see we have pre-sold so many and MSI have now shipped over 1000x 1070 into us, so real good volumes. :)

woohoo, if my Zotac 1080 amp extreme gets shipped today I am willing to overlook the lack of Haribo ... there, I said it!

Associate
Hi Gibbo. My May 28th Oculus Rift wants to know if my May 27th ordered Asus Strix 1080 is coming out to play anytime soon. He's very lonely and just sits sobbing away in his lovely box because he has no GPU friends to play with. It breaks my heart to see him like this.

Back
Top Bottom