• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

OcUK Staff
OP
Hey Gibbo, are Palit cards about to be booked?

For me it's either 1070 GameRock or I'll switch to Inno X3 if it doesn't appear within the Saturday's shipping window. :D

Yes easily 1000 Palit cards to book in.

Personally I feel this round of launches Inno3D, Gainward and Palit have the best cards, not because of power phase and extra power connectors but because Pascal responds to cooling more so than anything and the coolers on these cards are huge 2.5-3 slot in size but that is what Pascal loves low temps and on the flip side these are also the quietest cards.

Though the MSI Gamer X cooler though small does seem to work very well and the Strix should be great and looks the best in my view with its RGB and menacing size, but unfortunately Asus shipments are very small, lets hope they do ship a 1000 next week and OcUK gets at least 500 of them.

Associate
Very tired of waiting for the 1080FTW, considering canning the order and holding out for the Ti, hopefully by then they'll sort out the production lines on these

Ordered mine on the 31/05 and I'm not in the first batch of 50 due in 7-10 working days :(

Not OCUKs fault, though I think the communication to customers could be improved.

Best of luck to you all

Associate
I have to say not great when we have so many pre-sold.

We have a lot more 1080 and 1070 from other partners on both FE and custom cards.

I am really hoping EVGA will take care of OcUK customers as other board partners have done because the FTW is a lovely card and we have so many pre-sold it is a shame that so little of our orders will be shipped out.

I have faith that Ben will sort us out as he is doing a great job, the EVGA gods just need to send more stock our way because in the end all that is happening is MSI and Gigabyte are winning EVGA customers due to the volumes they keep shipping us to the point we even have stock. MSI Gamer X and Gigabyte G1 have being in stock several times here and even right now 1070 Gamer X and Gigabyte G1 are still in stock because they between them have shipped well over 1000 cards into OcUK.

Basically echoing what I and others said yesterday. EVGA have dropped the ball hard - thankfully MSI have picked up.

The number of orders they've lost must be substantial.

Nice to see an honest opinion which aligns with a lot of customers, including me. All I'd say to those waiting is - Talk with your money, unless you really want the EVGA card. If they get your money, lessons aren't learnt. If it hits the pocket, they will ensure they sort it out for future launches and may realise that there is a world beyond the USA..........

Last edited:
Associate
Getting worried now if I'll have to cancel my xtreme order. They are due next week, I don't know if I'll get one and if it doesn't ship to me by Wednesday I won't be here to take it as I will be on holiday the following Monday. Dilemma!

Gibbo any idea when stock arrives next week and how many are coming? I was 24th on the list early last week, might have changed by now.

OcUK Staff
OP
Very tired of waiting for the 1080FTW, considering canning the order and holding out for the Ti, hopefully by then they'll sort out the production lines on these

Ordered mine on the 31/05 and I'm not in the first batch of 50 due in 7-10 working days :(

Not OCUKs fault, though I think the communication to customers could be improved.

Best of luck to you all

It is saddening and thank you for not blaming is. OcUK was first to list pre-order for FTW, we've sold hundreds and to only be getting 50 whereas other competitors say they are getting more (maybe they lie) is a blow to us and our customers.

All I can say is kudos to Ben, he is trying hard and I know how hard it can be for him to post here with bad news because no one ever wants to post not the best news, just wish EVGA HQ would ship more stock to our little island.

Associate
It is saddening and thank you for not blaming is. OcUK was first to list pre-order for FTW, we've sold hundreds and to only be getting 50 whereas other competitors say they are getting more (maybe they lie) is a blow to us and our customers.

All I can say is kudos to Ben, he is trying hard and I know how hard it can be for him to post here with bad news because no one ever wants to post not the best news, just wish EVGA HQ would ship more stock to our little island.

True Gibbo - But lets face it, "The Jungle" is a massive eTailer and the fact they are only getting 200 of them really does show the supply issue.

Thats nothing against OcUK, but in the terms of scale overall, the fact you are getting 25% of what they have is on one hand, impressive, on the other exposes how poor their supply chain is.

Associate
Yes the team is now booking in stock, over 1000 10 series to book in, infact closer to 2000 cards from Inno3D, Zotac, KFA2. :)

Some real proper volumes finally, though in fairness MSI have being king for us on 1080 shipments putting the stock into us because they can see we have pre-sold so many and MSI have now shipped over 1000x 1070 into us, so real good volumes. :)

Hi Gibbo, have been lurking the thread and really appreciate the updates re. stock levels. I pre-ordered the Zotac GTX 1070 Amp on June 23rd, do you reckon I'll get one from this batch that's just been delivered?

Associate
Yes easily 1000 Palit cards to book in.

Personally I feel this round of launches Inno3D, Gainward and Palit have the best cards, not because of power phase and extra power connectors but because Pascal responds to cooling more so than anything and the coolers on these cards are huge 2.5-3 slot in size but that is what Pascal loves low temps and on the flip side these are also the quietest cards.

Though the MSI Gamer X cooler though small does seem to work very well and the Strix should be great and looks the best in my view with its RGB and menacing size, but unfortunately Asus shipments are very small, lets hope they do ship a 1000 next week and OcUK gets at least 500 of them.

wait so what's your opinion on the Zotac 1080 Amp Extreme?

OcUK Staff
OP
wait so what's your opinion on the Zotac 1080 Amp Extreme?

AH I missed those bad boys, the Extreme probably best card on market right now, best cooler, best power phase, best overclock out the box that is available, only beaten by Strix which has no availability and 5yr warranty.

Zotac Extreme is the card I would personally buy as it has all the Strix features but has better power, components and better warranty plus cost less. I am normally a big ROG fan and Strix is epic but my own personal money would buy a Zotac Extreme 1080 or 1070, easily best Pascal cards.

I can only forsee EVGA Classified, Asus Matrix and Gigabyte Waterforce rivalling them, but all of these will also cost more.

P.S. Gigabyte shipped us the first batch of WaterForce, only 5-10pc but due mid next week, that has to be one of the best cards out at moment on an extreme level with AIO. :)

Associate
I have not seen any and response from MSI is not great this week, so sorry for not great news, MSI have shipped huge amounts of Gamer X and Armour into us, but on Aero and Seahawk the volumes were so so tiny, like 4 units of each.

OK. Thanks for the update. Would be good to hear when MSI get back to you, but I won't hold my breath.

Really frustrating as I ordered when the price was low and I don't have budget left to pay more and switch. Just got to wait it out.

Associate
AH I missed those bad boys, the Extreme probably best card on market right now, best cooler, best power phase, best overclock out the box that is available, only beaten by Strix which has no availability and 5yr warranty.

Zotac Extreme is the card I would personally buy as it has all the Strix features but has better power, components and better warranty plus cost less. I am normally a big ROG fan and Strix is epic but my own personal money would buy a Zotac Extreme 1080 or 1070, easily best Pascal cards.

I can only forsee EVGA Classified, Asus Matrix and Gigabyte Waterforce rivalling them, but all of these will also cost more.

P.S. Gigabyte shipped us the first batch of WaterForce, only 5-10pc but due mid next week, that has to be one of the best cards out at moment on an extreme level with AIO. :)

phew, thanks, feeling a lot better now!

Associate
@ gibbo Was there enough inno3d X3 1080 cards come in to cover my pre order of 2nd June ?

i see X4s are now in stock but no x3s :(

Last edited:
Associate
still waiting for dispatch on my inno3d x4 yet theyre in stocking the shop , hoping they actually honour the preorders before online sales this time :( would be the 2nd time i see my card go out of stock.

Associate

Gibbo . wonder how many people preordered the Waterforce Xtreme as I might swap my Xtreme to Waterforce version .

OcUK Staff
OP
still waiting for dispatch on my inno3d x4 yet theyre in stocking the shop , hoping they actually honour the preorders before online sales this time :( would be the 2nd time i see my card go out of stock.

Of course that is how it works, only reason this would not happen would be if your order has another item out of stock or there is a payment issue. I would advice you call the shop to double check it will ship today to ensure there is no problem with the order. :)

Back
Top Bottom