• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
They're both "binned" as such, but the chips in the lower-priced model are the ones that failed the process and weren't stable enough to run the FTW's factory overclock. Hence they're being repurposed into a cheaper model at stock clocks. You'll get the OC model if that's what you ordered of course.

Hmm I would have thought every 1080 GPU die would be capable of the FTW overclock. Maybe it will just be a lower MSRP option IDK.

Associate
Stranger and stranger with the Aero saga. Gibbo not got any info from MSI, so I gave them a call myself. Person I got through to reckoned that OC hadn't submitted any pre orders to them, so they weren't shipping Aero with the drops to OC. Just called CS and they weren't sure what's going on as purchasing people have left for the day.

Would be good to figure out what's going on here!

Soldato
Hmm well looking at the current 1080 prices that makes this pre order waiting a bit less painful, at least everyone who pre ordered before this brexit thing got the cards at a lower price. I did not think brexit would have such a big effect on uk prices..

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm I would have thought every 1080 GPU die would be capable of the FTW overclock. Maybe it will just be a lower MSRP option IDK.
It's coming direct from EVGA themselves that they're chips that failed to make the grade.

All SC and FTW cards are strenuously tested in order to ensure they can meet the advertised frequency. Not all cards can, but in a lot of cases, they can still overclock fine or even great, because we also test base frequency under certain intense situations, even though under boost clock scenarios it may overclock really high or perhaps even to the same level as standard FTW. In other scenarios they may have been on the absolute edge of meeting it.

The FTW still has the benefits of RGB lighting, 10 power phases, dual BIOS, etc. And of course, it is also at a lower price than the standard FTW part.
Of course, maybe they only buckle under really intensive stress tests like Furmark or whatever EVGA use for their testing process, and they'll be fine for general gaming even overclocked.

Associate
Stranger and stranger with the Aero saga. Gibbo not got any info from MSI, so I gave them a call myself. Person I got through to reckoned that OC hadn't submitted any pre orders to them, so they weren't shipping Aero with the drops to OC. Just called CS and they weren't sure what's going on as purchasing people have left for the day.

Would be good to figure out what's going on here!

Very strange. Most likely we won't get any updates till the next week. My guts tell me that we'll have to wait atleast till the second half of July (until sales of more premium boards start to slow down). I hope I'm wrong.

Associate
It's coming direct from EVGA themselves that they're chips that failed to make the grade.

Of course, maybe they only buckle under really intensive stress tests like Furmark or whatever EVGA use for their testing process, and they'll be fine for general gaming even overclocked.

My personal opinion - This is where the delay for the AIB chips is from EVGA.

They've had some issue with yields or production. They've therefore created a new SKU to not lose the chips, but the ones that were meant to be FTW's aren't, thus the delay.

The fact there has BEEN none apart from 4-5 in the UK sold, tells me something has happened with them.

I just struggle to believe EVGA have been this slow. Either way, its awful.

Obviously thats my personal opinion.

Associate
For those of you waiting for Inno3D X3, I have some bad news.
They only received 5 units of X3, so it's likely that if you don't have dispatch confirmation yet, you won't get it. I ordered of 1 of June and I was 11th in queue on Wednesday.
Oh nooooo. I ordered at the start of June when ETA was 10th June. Was early 20 somethingth in queue last week. Now the X4 is out of stock again too so can't switch. Oh well, thanks for the info. Back to waiting. :(

Associate
So after more than a month of waiting i get an email from my seller today saying my system is going through final testing and will be ready to ship soon - this basically means the OC Strix is in stock! i've been let down a few times already so until it arrives in my hands i wont get too excited. Update = confirmed Monday delivery. Happy days. Finally.

Last edited:
Associate
For those of you waiting for Inno3D X3, I have some bad news.
They only received 5 units of X3, so it's likely that if you don't have dispatch confirmation yet, you won't get it. I ordered of 1 of June and I was 11th in queue on Wednesday.

:( placed my order on 2nd June. ..no idea where I am in queue... very disappointed though..was led to believe plenty were coming in Thursday to cover my order...so please can someone tell me when next batch of x3s are due in.....

Last edited:
Associate
im away on holiday on the 8th to the 15th.

Its just law thats when my strix will turn up :p Put an order in on the 27th May and im 17th. Preying it gets here earlier

Associate
:( placed my order on 2nd June. ..no idea where I am in queue... very disappointed though..was led to believe plenty were coming in Thursday to cover my order...so please can someone tell me when next batch of x3s are due in.....

I asked CS is they have any info about ETA and they are like Jon Snow. They know nothing. Hopefully they'll have more info next week.

Back
Top Bottom