• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
So after only 3 weeks my brothers EVGA 1080 SC has developed a faulty fan controller! the seller agreed an immediate swap however has no EVGA in stock and no ETA. This has prompted a rethink and change to a MSI Gamer X which is plentiful. As a token the seller is bridging the cost difference and even doing a doorstep exchange on Monday morning. Thats CS folks!

I myself have my Strix OC system arriving on Tuesday at long last so I hope its as good as I want it to be.

Hi

I think I have been made aware of this case and asked for your brother to contact EVGA customer support directly. In most cases the etailor/retailor would be a better port of call but with EVGA we feel it is beneficial for the customer to come to us directly and we can then support a speedy replacement.

If you have contact with your brother please ask him to email:
[email protected] or call UK land line number - 01788-247-298

Thanks
Ben

Associate
If people don't point out grievances then nothing will ever change.

EVGA in particular have had a shocking release for their cards in the UK, I'm guessing/hoping that Ben has fed this back to someone who cares enough to at least consider what went wrong here.

Myself and many others have switched from EVGA due to this, and a customer only tends to buy a card once, it's a totally lost sale for them.

They'll probably still be fine with pre-orders out-stripping supply, but it's still a bum deal for the customer, and it doesn't help their brand.

At least Im still here and still fronting up to the joyful comments you all post about us.:) Maybe I just care too much!!

Ben

Soldato
Everytime I've had an issue I've just popped into the shop and they've sorted it there and then.

I dont live close enough for that to be an option.
Anyway my card will be back with them on monday for a refund. If they'd been a bit more proactive with a solution I would have had a replacement, but Ive ordered elsewhere instead, so its not really my loss.

Associate
Hi

I think I have been made aware of this case and asked for your brother to contact EVGA customer support directly. In most cases the etailor/retailor would be a better port of call but with EVGA we feel it is beneficial for the customer to come to us directly and we can then support a speedy replacement.

If you have contact with your brother please ask him to email:
[email protected] or call UK land line number - 01788-247-298

Thanks
Ben

Hi Ben, Thanks for your message. By virtue of the fact you think you are already aware of this issue is due to My Brother calling your support number first! from the symptoms they diagnosed an issue with the fan controller. It was they themselves who referred him back to the seller who have been good as gold sorting it out. He was a first time EVGA customer and with the seller having no stock he didn't hesitate changing to MSI - products he has bought over the years without issue.
He accepts its just one of those things and counts himself lucky as many people - especially here have been waiting a good while to get their hands on your products. It was just a shame his card went down on friday.

Last edited:
Associate
Given delays with ftw, very much doubting 22nd July for classified.

As I have one on pre-order an update from Ben if that card is to land in July (or not) would be great, but current thinking is I'll switch to msi gaming x and be done with it.

Soldato
Given delays with ftw, very much doubting 22nd July for classified.

As I have one on pre-order an update from Ben if that card is to land in July (or not) would be great, but current thinking is I'll switch to msi gaming x and be done with it.

Yeah, i can't wait much longer, i shall switch brands if they slip again without any guarantee on when they will be here, if this goes on until mid Aug EVGA have lost another sale that's for sure.

Associate
I find you get better service posting in the CS forum.

Which is absolutely ridiculous. Where I work we email customers as soon as we have new information, and let them know as frequently as possible when we're still in the dark with regards to the product.

Having to trawl through the forum or wait 10 minutes on hold with a ****** music loop when they can just send out a mass email is really lazy CS.

Soldato
In UK my major UK retailors will have their stock on the same days this week. Depends on customs though earliest will be Wednesday 6th and latest Thursday 7th unless any unforeseen circumstances. This stands for both SC and FTW models.

Ben

I really hope OCUK system builds with FTW cards don't take away from people in the queue waiting since may 27th 2pm. The first 50 people should be card sales not 50 system builds.

Associate
I really hope OCUK system builds with FTW cards don't take away from people in the queue waiting since may 27th 2pm. The first 50 people should be card sales not 50 system builds.

That would be a little unfair on those who might have placed a system build order and have been waiting too, is it not? Order date/time irrespective of card only or full system?

Associate

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere earlier on this thread that the system builds get priority. If this is the case then its only fair to split it 50/50. Being ~150th in the queue is killing me!!

Back
Top Bottom