• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Permabanned
Another month and hopefully prices start to stabilise, some good games being released in the few months, in the mean time I don't need to upgrade.

Don't get me wrong, if the prices were around £500 I'd probably buy one now, but not for £600+, will reconsider when new games get released.

Associate
Hi Gibbo, anything you can offer as an alternative to the KFA blower. I ordered one along with a full cover EK block and some Mayhems fluid back on the 9th June. This was at £525. I know you can't match that price but is there anything in stock 1080 wise using the Nvidia reference PCB that you could ship instead for under £600?

List of compatible cards: https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109831274

At this rate it feels as though I'll never get the card I ordered :(

^This. Any potential upgrade options? I would have gone for the Inno3D X2 but that's now out of stock with (as far as I can tell from this thread) no eta for new ones yet. I'm at that inflection point now where I'm starting to think a second hand 980ti on water will do for now and I could save myself £645 (GPU+waterblock+backplate)...

Just giving this a bump after all the off topic on the Titan X. Anything you can do? Otherwise I'm thinking I may as well cancel my order and get a founders edition direct from Nvidia.

Caporegime
Ordered a strix and had it sitting here since late last week, decided to send it back and snag a gigabyte xtreme. Be here Monday hopefully.

Last edited:
Associate
As soon as the card ( Inno3D X3) came in, OCUK sent it straight out..thanks for that. It hit 2062 and 10410 out of the box..only thing is i got just 100 points more in Unigine Heaven than i did with my SLI 970's! Haven't tested in any games yet but i'm a bit underwhelmed with that.

Associate
Where are you in the queue?

I was 18th last time of asking on 12/07. Placed my order on 14/06 at 7am.

I've just ordered a Titan X and essentially the first card to arrive will be the one I go with - the Titan will be OTT for me but I'm just sick of waiting now.

Edit: incidentally I've just read the hybrid is delayed by at least another week for the US while they improve the shroud, so best case Uk in 3 weeks maybe? http://forums.evga.com/m/tm.aspx?m=2477670&p=115

Guess it's a Titan for me then...

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah 2-3 weeks from now I think.

Enjoy the Titan. I would have considered it but I really want a water cooled card and I've waited this long already. I ordered on the 28th May.

Last edited:
Soldato
As soon as the card ( Inno3D X3) came in, OCUK sent it straight out..thanks for that. It hit 2062 and 10410 out of the box..only thing is i got just 100 points more in Unigine Heaven than i did with my SLI 970's! Haven't tested in any games yet but i'm a bit underwhelmed with that.

That kinda makes sense. What res are you running it at? Uni is highly optimised for SLI so you will see great gains on it when using 2 cards.

The real test for your 1080 will be high resolutions in games that are not so great in SLI. Plus micro stuttering will become a thing of the past for you.

Personally id rather 5 fps less on a game that has no micro stuttering than 5fps more with the odd stutter here and there.

Last edited:
Associate
I had my Gigabyte's 1080 Xtreme delivered yesterday but I only had time to open it this morning.
I was looking forward for my pack of Haribo since I've ordered GPU on 27th May.
When I've opened the box and saw Haribo, it gave me even more satisfaction than seeing the card :D
I've almost opened it but then I've remembered I decided to cut on sweets back in June.
D**n you Gigabyte !!! If I've received my card back in June as I was expecting, I would eat this Haribo already.

Anyone fancy some sweets ? I can even post (Haribo, not the card) :D:D:D

Associate
Finally given up on the rainforest and cancelled my 1080 SC. I have to say the worst retail experience ever. They can't tell you a thing if you ask any questions. Utterly useless CS and clueless to how pre-orders work.

So ordered one in Spain for 729 euros and will see it Tuesday hopefully.

Associate
I'm considering cancelling my Hybrid and just buying a Titan X. It's in stock and delivered in 1-3 days...

Sigh. I don't even want a reference cooled Titan X which I know runs hot and loud

Associate
Still have my preorder for the Strix OC elsewhere but am barely holding on...

Wont hold my breath but any news from Asus yet regarding these cards Gibbo?

Am close to giving up and getting a FTW or the Gaming Strix from here but am loathed to pay more for what is supposedly a lesser card (out of the box)

Main concern with the Gaming Strix being that - if they are exactly the same bar the stock clocks - surely Asus would be using the better binned chips in the OC model and likewise EVGA holding theirs back for the impending Classified?

Soldato
Still have my preorder for the Strix OC elsewhere but am barely holding on...

Wont hold my breath but any news from Asus yet regarding these cards Gibbo?

Am close to giving up and getting a FTW or the Gaming Strix from here but am loathed to pay more for what is supposedly a lesser card (out of the box)

Main concern with the Gaming Strix being that - if they are exactly the same bar the stock clocks - surely Asus would be using the better binned chips in the OC model and likewise EVGA holding theirs back for the impending Classified?

Its pretty simple in my eyes. The clocks stated by both EVGA and ASUS are so high that they are struggling to meet them. This in turn means less chips to send out and those less units are spread out rather thinly over the retailers that have them preordered. Some retailers may not get any at all (OCUK).

It is almost interesting to see what happens here as time goes on. I have been waiting since the 29th of May for my STRIX and it looks like im going to have to continue to wait. I wont cancel my preorder as im interested to see how long this goes on for. ASUS have an obligation to serve their resellers with these cards at the clocks stated and i can only imagine how many people are still waiting for them to appear.

Ive been buying GPUs from every Nvidia release since i bought my first 6200 GT back in the day and i have never known anything like the premium aftermarket stock shortages we are seeing with the 1080s. I think another factor in this to consider is Nvidia creating the whole FE thing. Its clear they spent a lot of money on this product and now they want returns. Could it be that they are holding back chips so that they bleed the potential FE market dry by holding out on the after market sellers?

God only knows i guess but one thing is for sure, i have never had to wait over 2 months for a preordered GPU.

Im not blaming OCUK, those guys have always responded when i have asked for an update on my order. I just hope they get stock in soon.

Back
Top Bottom