• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
I'm still holding hope I get my ftw next week. Ben confirmed 50 units to ocuk. Ocuk confirmed I'm 26th in line ( pre ordered 27th may).

Shooting effort I sold my 980 back in May so am currently taking full advantage of the second 30 day returns policy from a competitor ;).

Associate
More chance of a pet unicorn arriving than an OC Strix :(

I had an email from a competitor saying my OC strix had arrived on friday morning and my system was going through final testing (ordered 27/5)...i hope they're not blagging and I hope its not the non OC strix which seems to have come available during the delays.

Associate
Switched my pre-order to the amp extreme, hopefully less of a wait than the FTW. Disappointing by the rather lackluster thermals on the FTW Tbh, especially with how long they have taken to get the card out compared to the other two slot coolers (i know the amp is not a 2slot!)

Associate
Got my Inno3D IChill X4s today. The cards seem a lot better than the X2s. They look and feel a lot more premium from the start. They're a lot quieter and actually have supplementary power connectors :) Out of the box I get pretty much the same 3D Mark score as I got with the X2s after tweaking my overclock. One problem is that the Nvidia HB SLI bridge does not fit at all. Also only just managed to fit the top card in. Any bigger and I'd have to invest in a new case or a bit of time to mod the current one.

Soldato
The rainforest sent me an email to celebrate the 1 month anniversary of my pre order. They didn't give any more info but seem pretty keen for me to cancel my order as that way they'll get £60 more. I've waited this long - I can wait longer.

Associate
Got my Inno3D IChill X4s today. The cards seem a lot better than the X2s. They look and feel a lot more premium from the start. They're a lot quieter and actually have supplementary power connectors :) Out of the box I get pretty much the same 3D Mark score as I got with the X2s after tweaking my overclock. One problem is that the Nvidia HB SLI bridge does not fit at all. Also only just managed to fit the top card in. Any bigger and I'd have to invest in a new case or a bit of time to mod the current one.

So it seems I'm a moron. Part of the card is removable to allow SLI bridges to fit properly.

Soldato
Well, after thinking about my pre-order of the Strix for the last few weeks to the point of obsession and concern - today I've decided to cancel my order entirely.

Why? Well, it sounds like a great card but there are so many others boosting to the same level. My primary concern is that the fan noise will be negligible but will grate with me. I've been hunting articles, comparisons and reviews compulsively and it seems like MSI and Gainward/Palit have the upper hand on quiet cooling.

So I think MSI Gaming X is the route to go for me now, as I'm going SLI for 4K and I don't want to squash two 3-slot cards close together.

I hope I haven't made the wrong choice. Good luck to those remaining in the Asus pre-order queue!

Associate
I have been following this thread for a while and it is really interesting seeing everybody's thought's and decisions. I ordered the Gigabyte Xtreme Premium Pack and according to CS I was 29th in the queue on 29th June.

I have also lost interest in the EVGA cards as I have had 2 of them in the space of 2 years, 1 of them the fan broke (No idea why) and my current one EVGA 970 SOC seems to be having throttling issues when playing games or having YT playing on one monitor and browsing the net on the other. I replaced my PSU thinking it was low power but that didn't fix it.

Truth be told, I was probably just very unlucky with my cards but it has put me of buying anymore EVGA cards.

Associate
Gigabyte Xtreme should arrive next week...Santa Clause is coming...to me.

What do you think guys about SLI Gigabyte's Xtreme and G1 together?
I have Xtreme on orders from OC and other from "amazing" shop. I've pre-ordered G1 at £559 and I really fell that cancelling the order is like loosing good deal as it now even more expensive there than at guys from OC
On the other hand it's still spending £559 to save £50...I'm not really a good banker. Am I?!

Back
Top Bottom