• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
The feeling I get right now is Asus have stopped testing and are just throwing the GPUs into the regular and the Gamer, as those speeds can be hit, so yes there could be some overclocking gems.

The issue for Asus is the way they pre-test is to strict and their clock speeds for the OC were simply to high, they made a clear error and as such were getting very poor yields and wasting a lot of time.

So for now I feel they have stopped testing because the result right now is Asus are not selling any 1080's, because they have no 1080's pretty much in stock in any good volume of Strix anywhere. So they need to get stock into channels, then they get sales and market share back and at the same time a lot of OC customers will happily switch.

Once they get production and the channel stocked on regular cards I can forsee they will start testing GPU again to try and get some OC's out the door.

For now we have increased the pricing on Gamer and OC to a crazy level to stop any new orders, we want our own customers who already paid to have first dibs and we'd rather limit any new orders on the OC part by pricing it so high no one buys it. :)

I've seen you and many others state that hitting 2k clocks isn't an issue, so why would asus be having these problems?

Soldato
Well, why would you want to pay that amount for the strix when you can get better performance, better cooling, more quiet and 2 years more warranty from the Zotac lol

seen a zotac on a youtube video, seems cooler is not much smaller than a palit, they look very good cards.

they put it next to a FE and wow LOL, the FE looks way smaller when compared. I would dodge the asus tax this time around.

https://youtu.be/qPTIy8EDVVY?t=2m35s

OcUK Staff
OP
I've seen you and many others state that hitting 2k clocks isn't an issue, so why would asus be having these problems?

The clocks manufacturer state are the hard BIOS boost clock, as such the card never drops below this and will achieve this typically even at 80c. The moment they are below 80c they run above the stated clocks.

So it is not impossible for say a completely stock Strix 1080 out the box if it has a good ASIC to boost over 1900MHz or even 2000MHz, so pretty much the boost clocks of the OC part.

The difference is the OC parts due to having its hard boost clock set much higher means at lower temperatures it could be hitting 2.1GHz plus and this is the issue the amount of Pascal GPU that can do 1900MHz plus at 80c are few and far between, yield is very low.

Of course in real world use most of these after market cards with larger coolers run around 65c so run far faster than advertised clock speeds. :)

Associate
Just want to say thanks again to OCUK. Got my G1 in yesterday.

Really pleased with it. This is what it does out of the box in just OC mode with the Gigabyte software.

cSv750B.png

Can anyone recommend some better benchmarking tools or is 3dmark the only good one about now?

Soldato
For changing colour on the EVGA FTW yes, but if you want to shut off the LED's geforce experience works well also. Five.Stars says their taking off LED visualizer. Why would Nvidia do that?

They have removed the LED visualizer from Geforce Experience 3.0 onwards. Which is beta, you will only have updated to this if you have ticked beta in settings. It is 100% definetly removed. I don't know why, and they are going to reintigrate it at some point, but it is absolutely removed from Geforce Experience in version 3.

Soldato
From Geforce forums:

July 5th

GeForce Community,

To follow up on our July 2nd post, we just released a patch update to the GeForce Experience Beta (Version 3.0.2.191).

Please restart GeForce Experience for an automatic update or download:
http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/gfe-beta

Some of the posted fixes include:

Installation errors with a dialogue “A newer or a same version is present.” This has been fixed.

A few users experienced BSOD errors. This has been fixed.

Please keep the feedback coming!

GeForce Experience Team

We also offer live chat or email support here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

July 2nd

GeForce Community,

Thank you for trying out the Beta - we appreciate your feedback!

To address a few of your top items:

Some users were not receiving timely account verification emails. We have expanded email server capacity to address this.

A few users have experienced BSOD errors. We are working on an update for this coming week to fix it.

We are also planning to release LED Visualizer as a standalone applet until it gets re-integrated.

Feature requests for split audio, advanced mic controls, and OGL support is on our roadmap. We are working on them.

Please keep the feedback coming!

GeForce Experience Team

Area for Known Issues and Updates:

We will unlock Twitch channel name in next release

Back
Top Bottom