OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
German Volume Training and Advanced German Volume Training is for MEN....bat **** crazy men who thoroughly enjoy extensive DOMS and agonising workouts :D

FF can we start a MAN club? (no homo)

Caporegime
Back on track :p

comparisontemplate28011.jpg

Progress is slow and my lifts are still pathetic. Improving my body though and that was my main aim afterall.

Diet is by biggest problem. I can't seem to commit to eating enough to grow, nor to eating strictly enough to lose mega amounts of bodyfat. I'm in limbo but while I'm improving, albeit slowly, I'm happy.

Soldato
Aye, when you can't tell exactly where you are progressing (not a massive difference in a specifc area) then usually you find you've made smaller progress in lot of other places.

Back shots?

Deffinatley coming along well Robbie G, Rome wasnt built in a day :)

Caporegime
Cheers guys. I'll put some back shots up this evening. I don't think Rome is ever going to be built however. I've never been what you'd call muscley and at the moment I can't see that ever changing without a serious bulking diet in place.

Next goal is 170lbs with some upper chest definition. I also aim to crack my puny front squat of lol 3 x 8 @ 53kg!! Nothing gets me panting like that exercise, barely even the deadlift for some reason.

Soldato
Some really intense workouts should do the trick. I think your at the beginning of the ladder where your hard work and efforts don't seem apparent but they are all slowly building up.

Keep at it, I remember when I found back squatting 60KG difficult!

I found a picture of my thighs when they were 1 and 1/2" smaller than they are now I lol'd :p

Caporegime
Some really intense workouts should do the trick. I think your at the beginning of the ladder where your hard work and efforts don't seem apparent but they are all slowly building up.

Keep at it, I remember when I found back squatting 60KG difficult!

I found a picture of my thighs when they were 1 and 1/2" smaller than they are now I lol'd :p

Got any before and after pics of that Benny? Share the fun :p

Might make me realise I don't have to have puny legs forever!!

Soldato
Just for you :p
Second year of uni: approx 24"
SNC16563.jpg

Third: 25.5"
IMG_0532.jpg
IMG_0605.jpg
IMG_0530.jpg

Picture on the right is with some fresh pump after squats.

My legs were leaner in my second year but are now larger and currently on my cut beginning to drop fat and seperate :)
a lot of mass has gone onto my hamstrings as my legs were quite quad dominant. Will put my X-mas and Easter pics up at easter so we can judge the 8 week cut progress plus the previous bulk.

Big sets, 20 reps ATG did the trick for me. 3 sets of squats and my legs were pritty much spent. I remember a particulary tough session @ 60KG squats> 20, 20, 20, 10, 10, 10, 10.

Though currently upto 127.5KG for 5x5. 1rm was 150KG with 5x5 @ 122.5KG my squats alwasy been one of my weaker lifts though since squatting for probaly about 14-15 months it's shot up.

Legs are deffinatley more cut than in those pictures.

Last edited:
Soldato
what a joke.

Oi! Those used to be my legs! :p;)

Even back then I used to think my legs were quite big, but then now sometimes it's like 'whoooah'.

Once your shorts start getting tight you're on the right track!

Give some Dumbell lunge walking a go I used to do this quite a lot, really good workout for pritty much all of the leg. A good 'finisher' exercise

Caporegime
Currently doing dumbell lunges but not the walking version as there's not really enough room in my gym.

Here are some back pics:

comparisontemplateback2.jpg

The bottom left pic was actually taken in October but it's the only early back shot I've got in that 'pose'.

Soldato
I would suggest doing the lunges walking. Even if you only get 2-3 steps than have to turn around, it really is a different exercise.

Good improvement on the back. Traps looking a little higher, less fat and more taper. Deffinate improvement in your shoulders too.

Caporegime
Yep definitely on the right track Robbie. What are you aiming for now you have trimmed down?

Thanks. My current aims are bigger legs and more bulk in the chest area, as both of the above still currently look like that of a 10 yr old boy :p.

I'd like to be able to clean and front squat 80Kg for reps by July.
I'm aiming to add 10 Kg to my bench press by July.
I'm also aiming to be able to see a little bit more ab definition :)eek:).

I'd also like to ditch the last bit of podge around my tummy...carrying a few pints of cider in there. Although I've not made many measurable aims, my target for the above is July 23rd as that's when we go on holiday.

Edit: no matter how gay you think this is (probably very), this is pretty much the body I'd love to have:

1256951951resized.jpg

Maybe in three years?!

ben90 - thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Recent torso pic from me, trying my hardest to get leaner. Currently cut right down on carbs and getting more protein in my diet.

on the stronglift 5x5 as of a week ago now and HITT 3-2x a week with swimming as my steady state on recovery days.

Getting so hard to lose any more fat and i know for a fact I have little bits that can be shifted, the HITT has just been introduced as of one week ago I was long distance running a few times a week and just swimming almost every day.

Feel like ive hit a brick wall tbh such a small amount of fat on my stomach but seems to be so hard to shift it.

Stuck at 170lbs.

31012010749.jpg

Thoughts, tips etc appreciated

Back
Top Bottom