OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

I'm kind of disappointed with this thread. Most of the people posting pics don't even look like they've been to the gym for 6 months. If I wanted to look at topless skinny guys I'd go on myspace.

I mean I even look more ripped than some of the people here and I've only been going for ~9 months. I wouldn't even consider posting a picture yet.

Post some pictures:p.

As I said, I don't consider myself at the point where I want to post pictures.

I took some pictures during december for comparison in december 2010, but until then, I don't think I'll be posting vanity shots any time soon, i'll have been lifting for 1.5 years by then, so it'll be nice to see the difference.

So where are your pictures? :p

As I said, I don't consider myself at the point where I want to post pictures.

I took some pictures during december for comparison in december 2010, but until then, I don't think I'll be posting vanity shots any time soon, i'll have been lifting for 1.5 years by then, so it'll be nice to see the difference.

So where are your pictures? :p

I would never post pictures as I'm only about 9st and can barely shift anything!

All lies!

I'm kind of disappointed with this thread. Most of the people posting pics don't even look like they've been to the gym for 6 months. If I wanted to look at topless skinny guys I'd go on myspace.

I mean I even look more ripped than some of the people here and I've only been going for ~9 months. I wouldn't even consider posting a picture yet.

Unless your willing to post pictures...I don't quite know how to say this? Shut up.

People in this sub-forum put a lot of time, effort and dedication into their training. Some come from majorly obese weights and then start from scratch. The last thing they ,or anybody for that matter, needs is to be discouraged by you being an ****hole.

Don't worry Tank, you'll tip 10 stone soon :p

Unless your willing to post pictures...I don't quite know how to say this? Shut up.

I don't understand how I was unclear.

I'm not posting pictures because i'm not at the level where I should post pictures.

I understand that some people want to vent their vanity over the internet by posting pictures of themselves. But I'm a believer that pictures should be used to gauge progress, not so one can have their looks confirmed.

You can't just show off your body like you'd show off your modded PC case, they both connote different things.

People in this sub-forum put a lot of time, effort and dedication into their training. Some come from majorly obese weights and then start from scratch. The last thing they ,or anybody for that matter, needs is to be discouraged by you being an ****hole.

And I am not targetting those people.

In fact, just to emphasis my justification more, here's a good quote.

If you're happy with the way your body looks, you've already lost the battle

Last edited:
I don't understand how I was unclear.

I'm not posting pictures because i'm not at the level where I should post pictures.

I understand that some people want to vent their vanity over the internet by posting pictures of themselves. But I'm a believer that pictures should be used to gauge progress, not so one can have their looks confirmed.

You can't just show off your body like you'd show off your modded PC case, they both connote different things.

And I am not targetting those people.

In fact, just to emphasis my justification more, here's a good quote.

If you're happy with the way your body looks, you've already lost the battle

I appologise for being a little blunt.

This is a 'bodybuilding' thread. Bodybuilding doesn't mean you weight 300lbs with 2% bodyfat, juiced up beyond belief.

Almost all the pictures in this thread are progress shots for people. It may not seem like it,but the majority of people on this forum come in at a novice level, fairly low level in terms of muscular development and usually a little high in bodyfat. Which is fine and won't be for long because they all work damn hard and have been given sound advice.

Can you give me an example of where someone has posted 'to have their looks confirmed'?

In general you may not find all the bodies posted in this thread aesthetically pleasing. If you want some 'eye candy' head over to a dedicatad bodybuilding forum.

If you're going to insist that people don't post their progress shots because to you they don't look like much, then this thread isn't for you.

People are posting pictures to see how they are progressing and want some tips on where they need to progress. This is a pc forum, not a bodybuilding forum - so if you're expecting Arnie-like guys you'll be disappointed, furthermore, even on a bodybuilding forum you won't see lots of Arnie type guys either.

People want to see their progress from an unbias source.

So pray tell which members you feel are posting pointless pics?

And don't go quote pathetic "quotes" which serve no purpose. A lot of us here are very much into our training some of these guys have made amazing progress. Some are just starting.

Please explain why they shouldn't post their pictures? All the things you've just said is EXACTLY why people are posting pics.

LEt us see your contribution - if not, kindly stay out of this thread if you have nothing to contribute - or contribute to the other weight lifting threads.

Don't troll this thread - this is a 1st warning.

Maybe I'll make use of bold text to emphasise what I'm saying. Explicit statements don't seem to work.

I'm a believer that pictures should be used to gauge progress

So that doesn't mean I'm expecting to see Arnies and Ronnies. I have no idea where you got this idea from. Pictures are for progress and yes, critique.

The pictures I'm criticising are ones of people who have barely been working out a month. explicit Cutting / bulking pictures do not apply. You can't gauge progress from a month and from a lot of pictures i've seen, you can only seem to gauge progress after half a year to a year. Taking photos of yourself every week is great for youtube videos but not for forum posts. One thing everyone learns immediately in bodybuilding is that progression takes time - you don't even need to be experienced to know this, hence I'm not posting progression pictures yet - it's trivial. I'll give it a year to a year and a half, then there'll be sufficient grounds for criticism on areas to improve etc.

There are some true bosses in this thread. For the people who are skinny (like me), you should post pictures after quite a time. It takes a long time to go from zero to hero.

I really don't see why this is such a controversial idea. You're absolutely right, pictures are useful for criticism, but posting pictures of your body 1 week after you discovered deadlifts is a waste of time. I can't be the only one who gets inspired to lift iron by seeing other people's hard efforts pay off.

Last time I checked, coherence isn't trolling.

I figured the running theme of "time" in my initial post emphasised this idea of not posting pictures of yourself every fortnight.

I think as a final point. You can tell which pictures I'm talking about are by how few comments they received. Look for a picture which wasn't quoted in this thread (I am well aware it is against the rules to quote images). Those are the pictures I'm talking about. I'm sure this is all a misunderstanding.

Last edited:
People ARE using their pics to show progress so I don't get your point. People are posting for critique, places they are lacking - that's the ENTIRE point of this thread. What don't you get? Or are we just misunderstanding one another?

Who are the bosses? :p

Plenty of progress can be made within a month or two. The progress may not be substantial to you, but to the person who took the picture, even the slightest difference is a major motivation boost.

Posting up a picture after 6 months may yield better results but some people like to see their progress more often, it doesnt make it wrong!

Back
Top Bottom