OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
OP
Your talking about full on body builders here though, not someone who is starting out, he may not want to be 22 stone of pure muscle, he might prefer the more (I know you hate the word ;)) 'Toned' look, when I mean toned I mean that they have muscle but are not 'over big'.

Take yourself for example, I'd class you as going onto 'big' size, just purely how you've trained and want to train. Wheras some of the other guys here are a lot more 'toned down' yet still have muscle and decent definition.

You can still do weights and not have to have 12 eggs and a bag of Whey every morning :p

Naturally though it depends on each person.

I'm hoping to get into weights properly when I move out, because at the moment I just can't do it due to various personal reasons and joint / health issues, which is really annoying me actually.

But anyway, pretty much all advice here is brilliant, and its helped me no end of time :)

And to the above post, that a great change! Well done

Of course you're right everyone has different goals. However, mr anant seems desperate to pack on some decent amount of size from the previous threads and my general perception of his posts - if I've mis-interpreted then I apologise! And to really kick start your ability to grow you need to eat more, but eat the right things. I agree a bowl of cereal is better than nothing, but there's better breakfasts out there.

How about a smoothie, containing apple, banana, blueberries and raspberries, yoghurt, milk, protein (of your choice, preferably unflavoured or hemp), oats, cinnamon. Blend that all together - I make about 1L of it and it can be between 600-800 cals depending on what and how much you put in it. It's not ideal for the amount of lactose, but I'm very tolerant and have low carb resistivity. It's just ideas like that, it's easy to do, but you need to research and use your imagination.

Heck some veggie burgers and an avocado and some fruits, and a bowl of cereal would be awesome too.

I know not everyone wants to develop beast like physiques, but thank you for the immense compliment about my own :) However, to even get started you do need to put some effort in, and eat the right things and enough of them and train hard too!

When I had to commute big distances I used to get up before 5am to have time to make food in the morning - I put a lot of effort in. If people want results they have to put the time and effort in, there's not quick win in this game. I just want to make sure he doesn't give up and realises that he does need to be dedicated.

I'm just trying to give him a bit of a kick up the bottom to get him going, not slate him for his attempts - afterall he is just starting out. :) The most gains are done in the first year or 2 of training - so he needs to monopolise it!

Soldato
My breakfast I love.
150G Porridge.
10G Dried Blueberries.
10G Dried Cherries.
20G Dried Cranberries.
20G Mixed Raisin
35G Mixed Nuts.
All with semi skimmed milk.

Ow and a Banana :)

I'd have more blueberries and cherries if they weren't soo expensive, add's up when you eat it daily. It doesn't seem like much but porridge is quite calorific as are nuts so i'm sure it's well above 600 calories for that and it's not even that much?

EDIT:
540 - Porridge
34 - Blueberries
36 - Cherries
72 - Cranberries
64 - Raisins
214 - Nuts
75 - 150ml Semi Skimmed milk? (estimation on amount)
103 - Banana

Breakfast = 1138! A lot more than I thought lol and it doesn't even seem like a big breakfast. I do actually have a set of electrical food scales I used every morning to weight this all up the right amount, takes about 5 mins todo so.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some leg progress shots pre/post bulk.

Down around 1.5" on size, though strength & seperation is up. I have quite a low insertion on my quads as you can see the vastus medialis comes down level with my knee. Combined with lots of high volume leg workouts it doesn't look too bad!

Picture on the top left is taken mid workout so was quite pumped. One on the bottom right was taken after todays leg workout 4 days after finishing my cut. I've put some considerable size on my hamstrings & strength after serious calf cramp doing leg curls made me ditch that horrible exercise in favour of SLDL. Never looked back since.

legprogress.jpg

C&C welcome

Last edited:
Caporegime
Don't know where to start with this really. If you can't make the time for yourself to eat decent meals then I don't believe you'll have the dedication required to make serious changes to your body. An extra ten minutes in the morning is nothing compared to the time you spend watching tv/on your computer/dossing around over the course of a day.

Didn't mean it quite literally like that :)

But I know exactly what you mean...Take myself for instance...I'm not working at the moment, and i'm living at my G/F's house who lives with her parents...So I can't exactly start eating all their eggs and pack a gym into the living room ;)

When I started up for the first time (By no means am I experienced I'm still stupidly new and not even remotely muscley to peoples standards on here...) But I did make the effort to eat something a bit more for breakfast.

It's finding the rite balance :)

Caporegime
Of course you're right everyone has different goals. However, mr anant seems desperate to pack on some decent amount of size from the previous threads and my general perception of his posts - if I've mis-interpreted then I apologise! And to really kick start your ability to grow you need to eat more, but eat the right things. I agree a bowl of cereal is better than nothing, but there's better breakfasts out there.

How about a smoothie, containing apple, banana, blueberries and raspberries, yoghurt, milk, protein (of your choice, preferably unflavoured or hemp), oats, cinnamon. Blend that all together - I make about 1L of it and it can be between 600-800 cals depending on what and how much you put in it. It's not ideal for the amount of lactose, but I'm very tolerant and have low carb resistivity. It's just ideas like that, it's easy to do, but you need to research and use your imagination.

Heck some veggie burgers and an avocado and some fruits, and a bowl of cereal would be awesome too.

I know not everyone wants to develop beast like physiques, but thank you for the immense compliment about my own :) However, to even get started you do need to put some effort in, and eat the right things and enough of them and train hard too!

When I had to commute big distances I used to get up before 5am to have time to make food in the morning - I put a lot of effort in. If people want results they have to put the time and effort in, there's not quick win in this game. I just want to make sure he doesn't give up and realises that he does need to be dedicated.

I'm just trying to give him a bit of a kick up the bottom to get him going, not slate him for his attempts - afterall he is just starting out. :) The most gains are done in the first year or 2 of training - so he needs to monopolise it!

Indeed :) Apologies didn't mean to come across as quite so aggressive in my post...Not intentional.

Just I think sometimes people on here forget what its like to start out and be 'small' again (By no means are the people asking for advice small...but you know what I mean :p)...It's quite daunting, but people do need the good advice and 'kick up the bum' to get the message, it isn't all weights weights weights sadly :)

Quite alright Freefaller, you've done well for yourself and worked well, and it shows...Same with a fair few on here...One reason I want to start up properly once I get myself a decent job and income

I used to have a pretty big bowl of porridge each morning, a fair bit better than cerals anyway :)

By the way...is that sticky still around? I read that on here with regards to weight lifting and that gave me some sound advice :)

Once again, sorry if I was a bit frontal :p

Man of Honour
OP
It's a fair comment, and don't worry I didn't take your comments to be aggressive - I'm a big boy I can deal with it had you been! :p

Porridge is miles ahead of cereal so no issues there. :)

You're right small sustained changes are important. However it's making those changes that are usually the hardest things to do!

Soldato
Nice wheels dude. :cool: Clear separation and definite huge amount of definition has been achieved. Should be proud. :)

Cheers :)

I like it when doing walking lunges my shorts ride up and my quads come into full view, looks awesome :cool: I'd contemplate buying some rugby shorts but a) I don't play rugby b) I show enough skin as it is and c) something might fall out! :eek::p

I've had relatively 'pain' free leg workouts for the last few months. For me pump & pain yeilds good results so looking foward to some agonising workouts, lactate build up and general scream enducing sets:D

Caporegime
It's a fair comment, and don't worry I didn't take your comments to be aggressive - I'm a big boy I can deal with it had you been! :p

Porridge is miles ahead of cereal so no issues there. :)

You're right small sustained changes are important. However it's making those changes that are usually the hardest things to do!

Indeed, its finding a nice routine food wise, and making sure you can fit it all in!!! Sadly having the right kind of job helps sometimes. Because naturally you want to eat regularily.

Hah, glad you took the comments the correct way anyway :)

Associate
Cheers for the comments guys, I am 5'11

My current goals would to be more like the big boys on here FF/Tank/BennyC etc! You guys are properly focused on diet, training and rest and amazingly knowledgeable.
I want to take my training to the next level, weight wise I want to get to 80kg while still retaining body fat levels of 10-15%. Diet is the hardest thing at the moment as I seem to be fine getting to the gym and my regime is pretty solid -hitting all the compounds heavy. But keeping disciplined and finding time to plan and prepare clean meals is very hard. My beginner gains are behind me so the only way for me to reach my goals is to really focus on diet.
Also I want to work on my focus in the gym rather than just going and banging out the reps I want to focus on progression and keeping my form tight.
But so far I have been lurking here reading the Gym Rats thread and getting inspiration there are a lot of people on here with a lot of great incite into BB and I want to thank you all.

Anant keep it up bro and don't get discouraged I was also a skinny indian guy it takes time but you will get there.

Soldato
Thanks guys, I've been taking that's been said in. I need at least 1800 calories a day to maintain. Now, due to several reasons, I won't be lifting until about 3 years time. Until then, I'll be doing cardio. I know this isn't ideal, but I don't mind gaining fat, I just want to increase my mass any way possible :)

Shivji, really good progress buddy :D How long did it take to put on that 3 stone?

Vegeta, I don't think I could eat 150g porridge for breakfast. to me that seems collosal.

I feel that the secret to success is routine and progression, I imagine most of you believe that anyway. So I'm going to plan a breakfast, and gradually increase the amount I eat each day, so that I can train my body to each large amounts in one go, because at the moment the only way I can eat a lot in a day is to eat little, but eat often.

Once I've got breakfast sorted, I'll move onto lunch etc

at the moment I eat:

4 weetabix (250)
about 40g of bran flakes (120)
200ml milk + cereal milk (100)
banana (100)

total for breakfast at the moment: 570

swapping the bran flakes for porridge will move it up to about 630. If I can add a couple of eggs, that'll move it up to nearly 700. However, the school doesn't use real eggs, they use some powder stuff, will that retain the same nutritional value? If I can squeeze in another 100ml of milk somewhere, that should put me between 750 and 800 for breakfast alone. Well, I'll be starting on Monday, hopefully I'll be on at least 650 by the end of the week. Unfortunately, then I'm going on a scout camp for a week, where I doubt I'll get enough to really put on weight. But it'll be enough to keep me alive.

Associate
Small world :)

Rickmansworth/Mill End(the nicer bit ;))

Where do you train? I'm looking for somewhere with a powercage that's not to far to beast legs on once a week.

Not too far then. Just the local FF for me, no powercage but a squat rack and all the rest you'd expect, quite good actually. There used to be a real spit and sawdust gym here too but it looks like it's closed down.

Soldato
I'm assuming mainly press ups and squats?

I can only think of a few others, like the plank

You can angle press ups, bring your feet and hands closer together to work your shoulders much more.

Providing you have somewhere suitable:
Chins
Pullups
Inverted Rows

As well as:
Dips (on a chair etc)
You could take big steps up the stairs to work your glutes
Perform flyes/raises with heavy household objects etc

Have to use your imagination! Some experience helps ideally.

Lots of good tutorials on youtube of how to workout around the house.

Not too far then. Just the local FF for me, no powercage but a squat rack and all the rest you'd expect, quite good actually. There used to be a real spit and sawdust gym here too but it looks like it's closed down.

Seems they're a rarity! Wish there was a FF near to me.

I train literally 400m from my house at the local leisure/fitness center.

Quite pricey at £35 a month. Lots of CV equipment, Nautilus resistance machines & FW gear. Quite well equiped but not a great deal of space.

Bloody smith machine. Going to do my best to break it and get a power cage/squat rack in there :mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom