OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Will be sure to check it out.

Seems my post got buried: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=16148355&postcount=2607.

I've found it really beneficial and I can't quite believe how much my body composition has come along as you can see on the vid posted. I've been breaking a lot of records using the lift big, lift fast workout, which has been very 'time-friendly' 30/45min workouts. Front squats for example, previous max was 75KG, now up to 120KG.

Whenever I pop into these thread it reignites my zeal to do so much more but alas it's important to keep a balance in priorities and I seem to be progressing more than I was over the recent months!

Soldato
Vegeta, I don't think I could eat 150g porridge for breakfast. to me that seems collosal.

Fair enough mate but for guys like us to get big it does take eating a lot, i'm not particularly big neither on a good day I might hit 11stone. But for the last couple of months i've made a real conscious effort to eat a lot lot more i've planned all my meals out and feel constantly bloated and horrible nevermind the fact I block the toilet everyday as my poos are massive lol. So to put on mass it will literally mean feeling bloated and full yet keep on eating, I do... :(

Soldato
Wow havn't ventured into these parts of the forum before! Some of the things im seeing and reading on here are really inspiring.
I started going to the gym when i was maybe 15 but for the first year or so i only did martial arts and cardio exercises (really wish id started weights then aswell). When i was 16 broke my ankle badly which put me out for a long time and lost a hell of a lot of physical fitness, not to mention got me back to being skinny as.. :p Didn't get back to the gym till around february time last year (17) and in the time from then until end of september i started to see quite an improvement.
Started uni in sept and havnt been able to get back to the gym for a variety of reasons (have been trying to keep up with the dumbells and pressups where possible) but with summer coming up, i'll be back home from mid may to end of september, and im looking to put a big effort in.

So wall of text over im just looking for some general dieting advice that can help me over the summer period primarily on gaining size and definition i suppose. Am 6ft and roughly 70kg give or take a couple, have no scales at the moment. I should be able to get to the gym as often as necessary and eat whatever is needed while i dont have to pay for it all myself :p

Edit: Just realised ive probably put this in the wrong place will c+p into the gym rats thread aswell

Last edited:
Soldato
Will be sure to check it out.

Seems my post got buried: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=16148355&postcount=2607.

I've found it really beneficial and I can't quite believe how much my body composition has come along as you can see on the vid posted. I've been breaking a lot of records using the lift big, lift fast workout, which has been very 'time-friendly' 30/45min workouts. Front squats for example, previous max was 75KG, now up to 120KG.

Whenever I pop into these thread it reignites my zeal to do so much more but alas it's important to keep a balance in priorities and I seem to be progressing more than I was over the recent months!

Hey that link's not working but it sounds interesting indeed. What routine layout are you using?

Also, anyone got any pointers/good links for front squats? I've only done them light before ~60kg but I reckon they might be better suited to me than back squats.

Cheers.

Soldato
Right here we go. The last lot of pics from me for the next 3-4 months. I promise! I know I've posted a fair few recently. Went back to my ex-training partners as we took some progress shots of each other. Much easier when you have somebody who knows what to look for and can tell you had to adjust your poses to suit a better shot.

Had just trained chest & tri's. Was stood under his kitchen spotlights which kind of skewed perceptions a bit so we decided to stand under a different light which gave more of a 'glow' which was more similar to my bulk shots from x-mas.

Still trying to even the proportioning up on my right shoulder & tricep you might me able to spot it's a little smaller, may well be to do with bodyfat placement. Middle upper back is a little thin & am currently trying to improve this area of my traps but am only just into my second week of bulking. Lateral delts will also be targetted for improvement.

Little water retention from loading monohydrate but not a massive amount.

Here we go:

backdblbicep.jpg

traps.jpg

leftpecandbicep.jpg

frontlatspread.jpg

backlatspread.jpg

And some randoms. Relaxed poses apart from the obvious. And one under the light to show what I meant.

randoms.jpg

Lighting makes some things more obvious than others and also reverses them in some cases! Front Double Bicep came out a bit naff was also trying to get some lat flex. Meh! My paint skills also suck! so picked the wrong shade of blue :p

C&C welcome as always.

BennyC

Soldato
Bloody hell Benny!

I'd never want to get on your bad side!

I hope to get close to that after a few more years of training. But I think I'm doing fairly well considering I started in May 09 :D

Man of Honour
OP
The cut's gone really well - looking cuuuut. It may be the lighting but shoulders seem lacking in some shots, though the DRB shot looks good. Nice lats! :cool: I guess your upper body could do with a little more "thickness" but the muscle mass is there, and the shape is there. Looking lean but powerful.

What niggles do YOU think you have?

so you're around 83kg here?

Soldato
Bloody hell Benny!

I'd never want to get on your bad side!

I hope to get close to that after a few more years of training. But I think I'm doing fairly well considering I started in May 09 :D

Thanks. Taken me around 2.5 years which about one and a half have been 'serious'. I was never particulary skinny or small and always had a reasonable amount of mass. Just takes time!

The cut's gone really well - looking cuuuut. It may be the lighting but shoulders seem lacking in some shots, though the DRB shot looks good. Nice lats! :cool: I guess your upper body could do with a little more "thickness" but the muscle mass is there, and the shape is there. Looking lean but powerful.

What niggles do YOU think you have?

so you're around 83kg here?

Closers to 85KG. Was 86KG this morning actually but am drinking water in insane amounts so yeah around 86KG (probaly a lot of that food too!)

Yeah my shoulders are very hit & miss. Side on they look good and I have a nice clear cut definition from the rear deltoid/back of the lateral deltoid. From the front they lack some 'cap'. Though I've adjusted my lateral raises so that I can really feel the head firing. It now looks almost like a front raise but can feel the head working as opposed to lifting how the lift should look like, if it makes sense? Mind muscle connection is coming along well and probaly key to my recent progressions.

Be the thickness of my upper back. Lots of room for improvement between the shoulder blades. It is coming, just slowly. Though similarly to my raises I'm adjusting my shrugging & rowing technique to help get more activiation in these areas.

Tricep strength is hindering my pressing so want to get that up along with evening out the right to left. Am going to be using a variety of exercises & make sure each head is hit when working tri's. It's tough as I want to minimise tricep involvement during pressing to target the primary muscles more but also improve tricep strength. The addition of weighted dips & heavy CGBP should help.

Going to be using ascending pyramids so hopefully this should work for me and should improve on the whole. If it doesn't work out quite as planned then I'll give them their own day and hit them with delts & rhombs/traps if they're still lagging too.

Quite pleased with the relaxed taper of my back. Something you don't often see apart from in photos on nights out. This bulks going to be a good one :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Obligatory: No homo... but you look damn good Benny :p

Front Double Bi shows those Fat Grips things have been working for you as well, good size on the forearms :)

Cheers :)

Forearms will be getting some improvement whether it be size, strength or both!

What are your stats now Benny? Can't remember how tall you are.

Height: 5'10"
Weight: Approx ~85KG
Chest: Approx~ 45.5"
Waist: 33"
Arms: 15.75"
Thighs: 24.5"

Down a little on the arms and thighs but look better for it I've thought.

Man of Honour
OP
Wish I had started when I was younger - if I had started in my early 20s goodness know what I'd be like now! :D 110kg and mean! :D Now I'm just 100kg and meh.

Nice stats Benny, forgot how young you were! :o

I don't regret starting late, I just wish I had started earlier!

Chest seems rather large vs arms and legs! Keep up the good work mate :cool:

Man of Honour
OP
Oh do be quiet! :p

I'm 24 and a friggin stick :(...well, not literally but you know.

Hopefully be able to start training sometime soon again :)

I know it's all relative, but I'm just seeing the progress I've made, and well you know you kinda wonder "what if". :) Wasn't really complaining, I know I've done well and am in a relative good state of development. I just want more! :D :p

Back
Top Bottom