OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Ok what you calling mass, take a comparison of him against his lady friend, they have same size arms her legs are twice as big, he has just a low BMI.

You are so wrong if most of us here had a BMI that low we would look even bigger showing larger muscle with definition makes them look twice as big. If my BMI was that low today i would walk any senior natural bodybuilding show in the UK and that is experience talking there, cause before my shoulder injury thats what i was the plan

I know a low BF% can make you look bigger - but it only really works with people who have mass anyways or you just end up looking like a child (trust me it's what happens to me).

And if you took all the fat away from his ladyfriend she'd be of no size compared to him = my point. Have a look at a lot of the guys here cut around the edges and take some size off they won't be soo big. A lot of guys here have a lot of mass but a hell of a lot of fat too no proper definition bar the shadowed pic's we all can take that make us look huge.

And i'm willing to put my neck on the line and even show pics of me if you really want -- the fact is he looks good in normal daylight and sun clear definition. But I guess it all depends on what you're after. To say he has no mass is silly and just disrecpectful because he really does. But some of you are a lot bigger so it's all relative.

Last edited:
Associate
Just to make it clear this has no reflection on Rico at all, just a disagreement between me and Vegeta about how we interprete your physic, mine been from a bodybuilding angle trying to see what people interpretation of mass means.

Associate
Don't worry chaps don't mind me. Forums are all about debate after all. We all have our own goals and opinions. Was happy with my lean physique this year, though over winter I will look to bulk and then cut again for next summer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well my goals are more parallel with yours Rico. Have a decent amount of mass but not too much and very lean. Just aesthics, fitness and a good balance really.

Soldato
Losing fat is easy in comparison to building mass yes.
thorpywut.jpg

Associate
Losing fat is easy in comparison to building mass yes. Try losing fat and looking like him keeping all that mass, then comeback to me with your pics. I would hold more weight to your arguements but well none of you's look that low BF percentage to me. Have nice bulky builds and no huge flaps of fat etc good bodies but not real proper defnition that shows in the face like the guy who's just posted his pics.

Building mass is hard, losing weight is hard but easier, building mass keeping most of it and losing bodyfat to the level he has is ridiculously hard. It's why you'll see plenty of big muscular guys but with fat on them too, plenty of skinny guys but not many like him (unless roided up).

Mate im sitting at 16 stone lean 1 year training 20 yrs old, not as lean as RICO but then I go out drink every weekend, more or less eat what I want and just throw heavy weights around and train as long as I feel like (even though hard). I can build mass easy? I can lose weight easy.

IF I really wanted to I could rip down to the levels of body fat such as that if I put a wee bit more effort in, maybe some cardio here and there but i'll still live my lifestyle but reckon I could do it easily enough in a given amount of time. It's not extremely hard to get down to that level of body fat, I could do it easily enough, infact most guys here could as well such as freefaller benny etc etc as it's just having the "bothered" attitude to do it. Most of us like being big and "bulky", alough I wouldn't really say im "bulky".

Soldato
Yeah excuses :p I just find it funny how people give some positive feedback to all who seemingly have a lot of fat on them but here comes a guy with a great lean body and all you big guys just tend to bash him a bit and say it's easy. Well if it's easy do it - I doubt any of you could it's much harder.

And by balance I think his body looks in much better proportion than anyone elses.

Man of Honour
OP
You think I have a lot of fat on me? Think again. Let's see what you look like then? 100kg or so at 15-16% is pretty lean by my book. I make no excuses about my physique and I'm not after that 10% physique and to be honest it would be an effort for me in my day to day life. Im thick set and broad. I dont want to compete either. Personally it wouldn't suit what I'm after. Can't you understand that some of us don't want to be uber lean? Besides i still have a powerful 6pack (which is the most pointless thing ever) despite being "fat" (lol!).

Furthermore, no one was slating his physique! We were all stating how good he looked but gave feedback as we do to all the "fatties" as you call them. Not everyone is as blinkered as you.

Holding onto strength and mass isn't trivial and takes a lot of dedication. Before you start spouting stupid comments get a clue on what you're talking about. And know your audience.

Soldato
Yeah excuses :p I just find it funny how people give some positive feedback to all who seemingly have a lot of fat on them but here comes a guy with a great lean body and all you big guys just tend to bash him a bit and say it's easy. Well if it's easy do it - I doubt any of you could it's much harder.

And by balance I think his body looks in much better proportion than anyone elses.

Such utterly warped views on things.

Associate
Well if it's easy do it - I doubt any of you could it's much harder.

Oh dear.

Before coming to the conclusion that none of us can do it, you should have had a little think to yourself. Check out my PL stats, do you think that I could lift those weights, at that bodyweight (I weigh less today, as it happens) whilst being a chubster?

dun

dun

Soldato
Eurgh stop ruining one of the best threads in SA over trivial rubbish. We all have different goals, if one posters physique is your ultimate goal great, but that doesn't mean everyone must agree.

Soldato
Ok... but he clearly has mass it's obvious,

Yes he has mass otherwise he wouldn't be able to move. But considerable mass? no. He looks great though no denying it.

If half you guys were cut as lean as him you wouldn't look soo big

A member on UKM had some serious level of conditioning going on. His arms were only 17." but easily looked to be tipping 20's.

and the effort to be as lean as him and that much mass doing that combination is harder than just being big.

No I'm affraid it's not.

I think if most tryed to look as defined as him they'll find they lose most of their soo called 'mass' and end up just looking skinny.

Here I cut from 92KG down to 81 (arround 84KG in the comparison shot) With a total loss of 4% bodyfat down from around 16% to 12%. Still much higher than Rico's however if I'm not mistaken even though ALL of my mesaurements were smaller it doesn't look it.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=16217988&postcount=2705

Some progress shots along the way:

Glycogen depleted:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=16175361&postcount=63

After starting to re-load carbs.
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=16195995&postcount=66

Last edited:
Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Aww thx, though the 'lucky lady' just got the boot last week!!! lol :p

Ahhh not so lucky then! Well... the other ladies of the Guildford area certainly are then ;)

*heartbroken* :(

AWwww *pats* I don't really mean it honest ;)

Am doing some strength training at the moment, but only because I need to have some strong upper body strength... am not into the bodybuilding thing... could never do the strict diets and am only just getting my head around the shakes... are the powdery ones too powdery?

BB x

Soldato
Am doing some strength training at the moment, but only because I need to have some strong upper body strength... am not into the bodybuilding thing... could never do the strict diets and am only just getting my head around the shakes... are the powdery ones too powdery?

BB x

What's your current diet like? If you can log it for a week and post it up we can better advise you as to whether or not supplementing protein is neccesary for you.

Man of Honour
OP
AWwww *pats* I don't really mean it honest ;)

BB x

Thanks,... helps my bruised ego a little ;)

I don't really think you'd need to take shakes really knowing what you eat - besides you've only just started to do some of that training? Don't worry, you won't turn into Piggy or your brother over night by doing some training or eating protein! Still, might be worth giving an idea of your daily diet.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
I don't think it was protein... more energy... my Director kindly gave me a pot of it.

Oh yeah it was the Viper energy and recovery.

Diet at the moment isn't that great due to personal circumstances and lots of consolation meals out! But when things get better of course I will post this.

Am not worried about getting a few muscles ;) my brother said he can't have me having bigger guns than him! Toned is better though I think.

BB x

Back
Top Bottom