OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
Yes, yes, because everyone in the gym trains perfectly, eats perfectly and lives in a world that is perfect for gaining muscle. Sure.

24lbs of muscle a year is definitely not unheard of - its actually well documented.

2 years ago I weighed 73kg whilst looking smooth, no 6 pack. Last time I 'ripped up' (to the extent that I made the average men's health model look like they were carrying a little extra weight) I weighed 80kg.

The average person when starting weight training can easily gain 24lbs in a year. Obviously the more weight you put on, the less you will gain.

Soldato
Losing fat is easy in comparison to building mass yes. Try losing fat and looking like him keeping all that mass, then comeback to me with your pics. I would hold more weight to your arguements but well none of you's look that low BF percentage to me. Have nice bulky builds and no huge flaps of fat etc good bodies but not real proper defnition that shows in the face like the guy who's just posted his pics.

Building mass is hard, losing weight is hard but easier, building mass keeping most of it and losing bodyfat to the level he has is ridiculously hard. It's why you'll see plenty of big muscular guys but with fat on them too, plenty of skinny guys but not many like him (unless roided up).

Associate
I hoped you would post :)

I train 4 times a week.
This is a typical diet of mine, heres what i had yesturday:

7:15am
Porridge with blue berries
3 scrambled eggs on two pieces of wholegrain toast
protein drink (phd pharma whey

8:15am
gym

9:10am
protein drink

9:40am
cottage cheese on two pieces of toast

12:15am
steak
potatos
cauliflower and cheese
carrots

5:45pm
pasta with tuna
prunes
mullerlight yogurt
cereal bar
grapes

8:15pm
apple
grapes
homemade flapjack with nuts and craberries
peanut butter roll

10:50pm
mackeral with two pieces of bread

Hey Bakes, a lot of the advice already given is pretty sound so far - and your diet is actually pretty good. I wouldnt worry too much about the 5 hour gap of no food, the muscle wont just fall off :)

Might be an idea to swap the cottage cheese with the meal before bed, as its a slow releasing protein, and maybe just one slice of bread. P.S Is bread is wholemeal?

Do you do any cardio? Like others have suggested, some HIIT every now and then would be a good idea. It does burn off a higher % of carbs than long slow duration does, but overall the fat burned off will also be higher. Even 10 minutes cardio after a weights session, or every other session will help. Make sure you get a good meal inside you after those workouts, so that 9.40 meal should be high carb (high GI is good here) and protein.

Feed the muscle, burn the fat!! :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Losing fat is easy in comparison to building mass yes. Try losing fat and looking like him keeping all that mass, then comeback to me with your pics. I would hold more weight to your arguements but well none of you's look that low BF percentage to me. Have nice bulky builds and no huge flaps of fat etc good bodies but not real proper defnition that shows in the face like the guy who's just posted his pics.

Building mass is hard, losing weight is hard but easier, building mass keeping most of it and losing bodyfat to the level he has is ridiculously hard. It's why you'll see plenty of big muscular guys but with fat on them too, plenty of skinny guys but not many like him (unless roided up).

If you say so mate. :)

Associate
yes I do say so :p

I suggest you look a my pics a few post back, had the mass then, true bodybuilders bulk up while training and diet for a comp. The pics to which you refer would be classed as to smooth for a competitive bodybuilder.
There is a mass of differance between what some would call skinny and a true balanced musclular body.
Most people today thing you can stay lean and build lots of muscle mass but you have to remember to build hard mass muscle u need lots of carbs to train hard and heavy. It is best to bulk up though winter, train hard then diet in the summer for that posser look!
Ive been training on and off for 20 odd years and have been in many shows and power lifting comps, trained with British and Olympic qualified champions, I train the old way still, heavy and hard and at 43 im not bad.

Also did Tri-Athlon for 7 years inbetween (21 hours training a week) so now about the athletic look as well!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok... So what did I say was soo bad? I never suggested you don't guys don't have mass just it's harder to have the mass and be lean too like he is. And I don't like the look of bodybuilders anyways far too big just looks odd.

Soldato
vegeta_majinsaga.jpg

Associate
Ok... So what did I say was soo bad? I never suggested you don't guys don't have mass just it's harder to have the mass and be lean too like he is. And I don't like the look of bodybuilders anyways far too big just looks odd.

Thats just the point, and this is no personal attack at all and no disrespect meant, the guy has no mass at all. Granted he is very learn and most probably very fit, but mass no!.
It would be very easy for most to diet and keep a low fat level but for buliding mass at such a low BMI would take forever. Not saying this is what he wants, most people here are trying to build more than diet. Low BMI so easy JUST EAT LESS OR DO MORE CARDIO, so simple its just a set of scales cal taken in to cals burnt up during the day. Drop just 500 cals a day (one mars bar) in 7 days you loss a pound easy. 3000 cals = 1 pound of fat

Diet is just all about willpower everyone knows how to do it but a soon as you feel uncomfortable and hungry you cave in. The word Diet needs to be changed to Life Style Change, cause what u eat to lose weight is what u eat for the rest of your life to keep weight down.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok... but he clearly has mass it's obvious, google joe mcelderry to see someone with a low BMI and low mass that guy won't have a low BMI at all. If half you guys were cut as lean as him you wouldn't look soo big - and the effort to be as lean as him and that much mass doing that combination is harder than just being big. I think if most tryed to look as defined as him they'll find they lose most of their soo called 'mass' and end up just looking skinny.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok... but he clearly has mass it's obvious, google joe mcelderry to see someone with a low BMI and low mass that guy won't have a low BMI at all. If half you guys were cut as lean as him you wouldn't look soo big - and the effort to be as lean as him and that much mass doing that combination is harder than just being big. I think if most tryed to look as defined as him they'll find they lose most of their soo called 'mass' and end up just looking skinny.

Ok what you calling mass, take a comparison of him against his lady friend, they have same size arms her legs are twice as big, he has just a low BMI.

You are so wrong if most of us here had a BMI that low we would look even bigger showing larger muscle with definition makes them look twice as big. If my BMI was that low today i would walk any senior natural bodybuilding show in the UK and that is experience talking there, cause before my shoulder injury thats what the plan was, as well as taking the World record bench press of 200kgs at just over 14 stone (natural) got up to 180kgs with a rotor cuff injury!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom