OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

kai

kai

Soldato
Nice work Kai, looking great, gives me some motivation :).

Can I ask what your height and starting weight were? Seem to have a similar build to me now (first pic, gym noob here).

Aug 2009
5'10 and 64kg
Waist = 31.5inch
Chest = 36inch
bicep 12.6
Body fat - 15.4%

July 2011 (*Roughly)
5'10 and 68kg (just comming out of a cut)
Waist = 30.0 inch
Chest = 39.0inch
bicep 15.7
Body fat - 10% - optimistic.

Caporegime
Some beter pics than last time. Suntans always make you look beter! Been on holiday last week and half... no more cutting this year, back on higher cals from now on..will post again next year for comparison see if I can get bigger and leaner, pretty happy with the BF level just now though considering the icecream dosage last few weeks :) Weird thing though...eating a lot more rubbish than I have been last few months hasnt made much difference. Box's of pringles all the way from now on :D (I wish)

GIFsFORUM.com

Associate
I'm no body builder but damn I wish I had some before pics of before i started to exercise. So hard to remember and see change.

Caporegime

is that a body solid rack? looks amazing, wonder how it compares to my powertec rack, for some reason i reckon body solid are a much better manufacturer, but i have the old powertec rack, the new one has much more solid catcher bars, i emailed them to see if i could buy the new catcher bars separately, no reply.

Associate
is that a body solid rack? looks amazing, wonder how it compares to my powertec rack, for some reason i reckon body solid are a much better manufacturer, but i have the old powertec rack, the new one has much more solid catcher bars, i emailed them to see if i could buy the new catcher bars separately, no reply.

ye..body solid rack. I have it a good few years now...and to be honest..its great. Doesnt have the add-ons (apart from hi-low pulley attachement) like the powertec one....but its mega heavy, and solid as a rock. Doesnt matter what I put on it, the thing doesnt even shake in the slightest. There is a new version of this now I think which has beter catcher bars, I think they slide to adjust whereas you have to pull mine out and stick in new hole...it doenst mater as I never adjust anyway, they are set fine for bench and squats as is.
I put a couple of pics of my home setup here (its your thread :D)...http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=19035751&postcount=6

Morba..cheers mate. Think Ive been bigger in the past, just never had low enough BF to carry it well. Was going to keep dieting for another month to see if I could get arround 7-8% but cant really be assed..LOL. Maybe next year.

Last edited:
Soldato
I showed this orginal a few times actually when starting out and progressing; so here is 23 months of work.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/981/23monthsfront.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Thats some really good work there kai!

Just out of interest, whats your workout routine?

kai

kai

Soldato
Thats some really good work there kai!

Just out of interest, whats your workout routine?

my split is usally 3 on 1 off; or a fairly hard 5 days on two days off.

Chest/Tri (abs)
Back/Bi
Legs/Shoulders (abs)

As for workout routine; hard to say as it changes every single session i never repeat and ALWAYS mix it up.

e.g Yesterday shoulder session was the following;

Lunges
Hamstring curls
Cable Calf extensions

Power clean and press
Behind the head press
Shrugs
Bent over lateral raises
Alternating dumbbell raises
Cable Rear Delt

Soldato

Figured I'd bite the bullet and do a first post here. Obviously not very impressive compared to a lot of you guys, but as somebody who's always really struggled to put on weight I'm pleased with the direction I'm heading. Still a lot of work to do obviously!

Soldato
Ok guys, so this is me at about 13 1/2 stone, taken today. Been training properly again for 2 weeks (4 in total now) after quite a few months off due to a trapped / pinched nerve in my neck causing a numb left hand and weakened arm. It is easing off with meds and treatment and the mri results should be in soon. Been a long standing injury which has been giving me problems for nearly 10 years on and off although it is progressively getting worse. Taken nearly 4 years to get the scan and not just meds.

My routine is pretty simple, 5 days on 2 days off splitting groups over the 5 days where I will train each muscle at least twice in the cycle but with different exercises. At most I will do 4 sets of 6-12 reps + 1 max to failure so typically 2-3 reps and two different exercises per muscle group. This will help me build back up some strength and stamina quickly and then assuming things hold up I will switch back to a more regular routine with the major groups being trained once fully every 7 days. First 2 weeks all I did was 20 min sessions 3 x per week just to get the muscles moving again and used to the weights. These last 2 weeks have been much more intense getting to max weight with failure.

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

front1.jpg

side3.jpg

Soldato
Cheers guys. Yeah my genes seem to be working against me - my wrists are only sic and a half inches, so even packing base muscle on has been tough!

isn't six and a half inches fairly normal? I think 7+" and you're destined for great things :p (exaggeration intended.)

Just saying because I have 6.5" wrists after just measuring them and I'm not particularly small =/ (I guess my arms are comparatively lacking I suppose.)

Soldato
isn't six and a half inches fairly normal? I think 7+" and you're destined for great things :p (exaggeration intended.)

Just saying because I have 6.5" wrists after just measuring them and I'm not particularly small =/ (I guess my arms are comparatively lacking I suppose.)

Really? Oh well... My bone structure has always seemed fairly small to me (maybe because it's been so hard to gain weight regardless of what I eat!). For reference I'm 5'11" and 73kg if that factors in.

Man of Honour
Icebus, it'll be your diet rather than your genes that are limiting you. I used to have skinny wrists, but now they're around 7.5" (just measured, this is not something I just know :p) and I can safely say I just wasn't eating enough when I was younger.

Associate
Icebus I have 6.5" wrists and tiny ankles! Hasn't stopped me being 98kg at the same height as you. Like icecold says it's all about the food. Also I don't naturally have broad shoulders or anything, you would be surprised how much Width you can gain.

Back
Top Bottom