OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Permabanned
And can't wait too see the updates ;) From what I remember you where of decent size as it is buddy!

Well i dont expect to be bigger by any means, but if i can be approaching 15%bf @ 210lbs i wont be too little either i guess ;)

As regaurds a 'cheap' eating plan.....well, i disagree with many on methods of protein delivery. At the height of my lifting i would down around 5-6 double scoop unflavoured whey shakes with water. Eating 2 chicken dinners one at lunch and one at night (about 500g chicken breast total). Often i would eat around 4-6 eggs (hard boiled or scrambled) at breakfast with about 500ml of OJ.

Thats a great amount of protein and minimal cost.

chicken per day = £4
veg+pots pd = £2
shakes pd = £1 (est)
egs pd = (£1.50)
oj pd (£1.50)

£10 pd thats not absurdly unaffordable but i suppose it depends on your means.

/EDIT also dont forget those quantities are for a 200+ lb man bulking with chems

Caporegime
Thats a great amount of protein and minimal cost.

chicken per day = £4
veg+pots pd = £2
shakes pd = £1 (est)
egs pd = (£1.50)
oj pd (£1.50)

£10 pd thats not absurdly unaffordable but i suppose it depends on your means.

Sounds awesome, but at the moment it's a lot of money for me sadly :o (Blame my current job...This is part of my issue, I want to eat more, but I just can't afford real decent food...Instead I have to by shoddy frozen chicken for my lunches! :p

Soldato
Thanks for the welcome and advice FF and Ultra Extreme.

I have to admit I would go as far as saying that I understand the basics of what I need to know as a 'beginner' (I've tried hitting the gym on about 3 separate occasions, each lasting no more than 12 weeks) but it's just so hard implementing them. :( Can only blame myself for that; lack of discipline.

The way I've gone about it this time is to start gymming first, get in a good routine of doing it and then I can start concentrating on the diet, at the moment I'm just trying to keep it clean (but don't ask what I ate today :o). What really brought it home was seeing Kai's progress pics, I actually remember seeing them when he first posted them, if I had carried on I would have been roughly where he is now. :( Never mind....

Delvis I would be interested in seeing your squat vid please. I will try to take one myself soon.

Permabanned
Sigma - will always be dedication in the long run, any real gains are the result of weeks months and years of unwavering commitment. Its why bodybuilders get so miffed when someone posts that they dont want to weight train in case they get too muscular. If you look back and cant remember the last time you missed a training session then you will be miles from where you are now.

Soldato
Totally. This time am planning things around the gym as much as possible rather than trying to fit in a gym session around whatever I'm doing. I was speaking to a friend of a friend about it and he said something like the 12 week (roughly) barrier is when you finally start getting into a routine and your body and mind are slowly getting used to it.

I am 100% determined not to give up this time.

Soldato
Sounds awesome, but at the moment it's a lot of money for me sadly :o (Blame my current job...This is part of my issue, I want to eat more, but I just can't afford real decent food...Instead I have to by shoddy frozen chicken for my lunches! :p

My cheap protein for bulking is turkey fillets (cheaper than chicken) and pork tenderloin. I know chicken and turkey are leaner than pork, but it helps break up the monotony a little. At the moment I am getting through 500g meat for lunch and 500g meat for dinner. I also have a protein shake mid morning and one before bed. Add in a handful of nuts and I am hitting 300g of protein a day. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
You need 1g per Lb of bodyweight, not negotiable for muscle mass.

Hmm okay, I'll have to work that one out

My cheap protein for bulking is turkey fillets (cheaper than chicken) and pork tenderloin. I know chicken and turkey are leaner than pork, but it helps break up the monotony a little. At the moment I am getting through 500g meat for lunch and 500g meat for dinner. I also have a protein shake mid morning and one before bed. Add in a handful of nuts and I am hitting 300g of protein a day. :)

Cool thanks :)

I brought a big box of chicken legs + wings the other day, £3, about 12 pieces or something. Otherwise I buy frozen breasts atm :(....Should eat more of them really than I am...It's just money at the moment.

Where can I upload a video? I don't really want to upload it to my youtube acount :p

Caporegime
Chicken wings are a bit of a con really, most of the weight is from the bones.

You might find it more cost effective to buy a whole chicken and cut it down? Depends where you shop.

Tesco normally. They are yes, but at that price its not too bad. I just need more money really :(

Squat from me:

Moved to Gym Rats

Last edited:
Caporegime
Chicken wings are a bit of a con really, most of the weight is from the bones.

You might find it more cost effective to buy a whole chicken and cut it down? Depends where you shop.

i'll give you guys some insider knowledge, my restaurant actually got chicken wings for free from 2 of our suppliers for several years. now i think demand has increased or the cost of chicken has gone up and they have now started to sell them, so we no longer get any for free. they are also extremely fatty and yes a lot of the weight is bones.

i remember in fact there was a place in town that used to do 50 chicken wings for £5, cooked and on a platter, it was a pub/restaurant, im talking about 4 years back maybe, but that place has since shut down.

i also talked to a chef who also owned a restaurant and yeah he basically used to give wings free away with big orders because he used to have so many of them (he used to order full chickens and cut them up) and there was little demand, he has since sold his restaurant on.

im guessing places which sell a lot of boneless chicken products such as asda, their butchers must be throwing out a lot of chicken wings, you could try asking, but i dont know if they cut the chicken on site or it comes delivered already cut. because i dont see asda caring too much about them and are prepared to make a loss on the wings due to the profit made from everything else. would be extremely hard to find out, might need to get friendly with the right butcher and see if you can give him a backhander.

Soldato
Woop, with today's weigh in, I am now back up to the weight I was when I started going to the gym in January, except the weight gain is now lean mass not lard mass. :)

I started at 83Kg in mid January, then cut down to 77Kg in mid April, and am now sitting at 83.3Kg. Aim is to see 90Kg by the end of the year. I guess not all of it is lean mass, but I certainly look and feel leaner than I did in January, and I am getting thicker, especially in the arms and shoulders. Really need to work on my chest though.

Come April next year, I am going on a long hike (2650 miles) over 4.5-6 months, so I except to loose 10-12Kg in that time. That's why the more mass (lean or otherwise) that I can add now, the better as I don't want to turn into a skeleton by the end. If I can keep adding weight on at the rate I am now (not likely I know), then by my calculation I might be able to hit 100Kg before I go. I can't imagine what I would look like at 100Kg. :)

Man of Honour
OP
Nice one MK! :) It's good to see the changes in your body isn't it? :) I've seen myself at 103+kg, and now 10kg less with most of the muscle mass still present - it's incredible what your body can do.

I'm down to 14st 10lbs and holding steady!

Soldato
Nice one MK! :) It's good to see the changes in your body isn't it? :) I've seen myself at 103+kg, and now 10kg less with most of the muscle mass still present - it's incredible what your body can do.

I'm down to 14st 10lbs and holding steady!

Cheers Will. The strange thing is I don't think I have changed that much. I take photos at the start of each month so I can compare, and I swear I look exactly the same! But a few people have started commenting that I am looking bigger and the weight is going up, so I must be changing a bit.

Back
Top Bottom