OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
End of July '11
woo.jpg

Beginning of Nov '11
wooo.jpg

Having thought about it, there are only probably ~10 weeks of training between the two so that's probably why there is no difference. Crap pics with crap lighting aren't helping things.

I do feel a bit different though, and I have noticed some t-shirts and tops fit differently so that's why I thought I'd take another photo; shouldn't have bothered!

Soldato
I think that's just due to the lighting and I *think* the first one was after a meal where as the last one was whilst running on empty. :o

I can see muscles I never had before though, triceps are visible and quads are visible too. :cool: Should have taken photographs before and after.

I think the bit in between the shoulder and chest is chunkier too. Going to start on creatine soon so hopefully will see some temporary 'bulk' on that!

Associate
I think that's just due to the lighting and I *think* the first one was after a meal where as the last one was whilst running on empty. :o

I can see muscles I never had before though, triceps are visible and quads are visible too. :cool: Should have taken photographs before and after.

I think the bit in between the shoulder and chest is chunkier too. Going to start on creatine soon so hopefully will see some temporary 'bulk' on that!

Out of interest, how much cardio are you doing weekly? You have lost a fair bit of fat around your stomach !

Soldato
Hi dude, erm, since the beginning of October I have done no cardio whatsoever apart from normal walking etc! Before that I was doing about 15-20 mins of rowing 2/3 times a week. Going to start skipping as soon as I find my rope.

I looked in the mirror after a meal and I do plump out a fair bit so I think the photograph is lying a bit, although I do look the same when on empty? Not quite sure which to believe!

Associate
Weird you say that, started skipping last week because my weight increase has included some unwanted fat gain unfortunately.

I have never skipped intensely before, but I don't think my legs have ever been on fire like they were when I started.

Soldato
Yeah! It looks so damn easy! I found that my arms were usually the first to start getting tired though. Haven't skipped in ages.

Could do single jumps, doubles were a no-no and I was just starting to get the hang of running on the spot and skipping before I stopped.

Associate
I've always been really skinny, near the beginning of this year I decided I'd had enough of having such a skinny and puny body so decided to act upon it.

First picture is from June 2011, second picture is from October 2011.

I was 124 pounds / 9 stone in the first picture and now I'm 136 pounds / 9 stone 10 pounds. I'm 5'7 so a short guy, I thought if I can't get any taller then I'll get wider!

June - September = I ate big and trained big, I gained quite a bit of muscle but also quite a bit of fat, I didn't focus too much on my diet.

October = Went on a cut with IF, started to eat better (I keep an eye on my macros now). Lost about 8 pounds of fat

November = Starting to bulk again

I've decided I'm going to bulk for 3 months or so then go on a cut for a month and lose the excess fat I've gained though bulking. Even though I'm keeping an eye on my diet you'll always gain a bit of fat but I want to eat more than enough food to help grow faster.

I know I'm nowhere as big and strong as nearly all of you but I'm quite proud of myself! It's amazing how a few pounds of muscle can make such a difference to your confidence. I'm now not embarassed to wear t shirts haha.

Last edited:
Associate
Thank you guys! Means a lot! I'm really surprised to see myself gaining size at a good pace. But most of that is probably down to me never doing weights before. But I'm determined to continue with this as the results I'm seeing make is worth every second lifting those weights and every second eating all that food (even though I love eating more)!.

I think the biggest difference is with my shoulders, chest and biceps. My deltoids have really increased in size which makes me look a whole lot broader and bigger, especially when wearing shirts!

I would love to be 150 pounds with 8% - 10% body fat by next summer and my ultimate goal is to be around 160 pounds with 8% - 10% body fat. I'm currently 136 pounds but around 14% body fat I think, so I have a long way to go but I plan to do this steadily over the next few years. Would be nice if I could reach that goal by christmas 2012 though!

So does anyone have any tips or advice for me?

Last edited:
Soldato
Very good progress there mate. Wish I could gain that rapid! Im just not good enough with diet.

As for tips. Stick to whatever you are doing. Its working. When the gains slow down, then mix it up a little.

If it aint broke , dont fix it.

Well done!

Associate
Infact.. How come you have become twice as hairy and lost your appendix in the process?

Haha confusing I know mate!

Well the picture is actually from last year but that's the only picture I could find of me shirtless and I looked exactly the same this year around June so I used that picture. I had my appendix taken out last christmas (which sucked!) and I kind of trimmed my chest hair just before summer started but there's no need to do that now since it's winter! :D

Associate
Haha confusing I know mate!

Well the picture is actually from last year but that's the only picture I could find of me shirtless and I looked exactly the same this year around June so I used that picture. I had my appendix taken out last christmas (which sucked!) and I kind of trimmed my chest hair just before summer started but there's no need to do that now since it's winter! :D

Great progress mate. How much you lifting?

Back
Top Bottom