OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
OP
Looking good toxic - for the RC injury have you tried taking cissus? Helped me out no end.

Freefaller - can you please get my old account (aftershxck) re-instated? :o I do believe I asked you about a month ago. lol

Don't create a second account - there are contact details in the FAQ.

Do you still have access to the registered email? As it would have been sent to there. it's an ac.uk address.

Associate
Toxic, looking very good mate, you have a similar physique to me I reckon. :) Chest isn't looking bad tbh, shoulders maybe need a bit of work, but other than that good work mate .:)

ye cheers dude....its very annoying chest and shoulders were always a lot stronger before but I havent benched over 70-80Kg or shoulder pressed much for about 4 months now :( I still think its still going to be a few months yet before I feel right if ever. Hopefully the shoulder pain will go away fully. One good thing is that my back is a lot stronger now I think overall...which was maybe lagging a bit. From what I can remember I think I am built quite similar to you..albeit a smaller version:D

Associate
Don't create a second account - there are contact details in the FAQ.

Do you still have access to the registered email? As it would have been sent to there. it's an ac.uk address.

Hi, sorry, I did explain that I e-mailed several admins/mods at the time over the course of a month with no reply .. by the way I have no received no e-mail - the ac.uk address is a redirect to my hotmail address, is there any way you can try again, or send the password reset to my hotmail? If you want me to take this to e-mail I'll do so.. thanks! :o

Soldato
Someone else did a video so sod it I'm going to too, because I really want some honest opinion about whether I've put on any muscle or not and I can't seem to take a decent pic of myself.
My three weeks off the boxing ends on Monday, and I'd like to think I've spent the time working pretty much as hard as I could, two sessions a day and pretty much eating for the rest of the time. I've gone up from 70Kg dead to 75Kg on the scales now, but I'm sure there's a lot of fat in there too, which I'm actually kind of pleased about, I'm taking it as a sign I'm eating enough now.
The problem is I can't really tell myself if I've changed at all or not, so here:

(I'd watch it with the sound off tbh, that camera seems to record very loudly.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xL8WomUkcA

I'm most pleased about the look of my back from behind when relaxed, and also I think my chest has improved, you can no longer see all my ribs through them :D

Associate
I'm most pleased about the look of my back from behind when relaxed, and also I think my chest has improved, you can no longer see all my ribs through them :D

You're looking well mate - good width. Can't remember last pics so will have to check later but you definitely look far better than the average joe. Learn to flex your lats properly though :p

Associate
Someone else did a video so sod it I'm going to too, because I really want some honest opinion about whether I've put on any muscle or not and I can't seem to take a decent pic of myself.
My three weeks off the boxing ends on Monday, and I'd like to think I've spent the time working pretty much as hard as I could, two sessions a day and pretty much eating for the rest of the time. I've gone up from 70Kg dead to 75Kg on the scales now, but I'm sure there's a lot of fat in there too, which I'm actually kind of pleased about, I'm taking it as a sign I'm eating enough now.
The problem is I can't really tell myself if I've changed at all or not, so here:

(I'd watch it with the sound off tbh, that camera seems to record very loudly.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xL8WomUkcA

Certainly looking very lean dude and mot much body fat at all..I wish i could get that low (I probably could..i just eat too much crap). Keep at it though...you look quite tall and could easily put on another 5-10Kg or so and still be lean. A lot of work to do that though:D

Soldato
Learn to flex your lats properly though :p

Yeah, I really have no idea how to flex muscles/pose at all. Body fat is still nicely low but I'm eating about 3200 cals a day now so I doubt it will stay that way for long. The problem is though, the more I weigh the higher weight class I'll be forced into, and frankly I'm getting hit hard enough as it is with people who weigh 5-10Kgs less than me :D
I'm hoping to go up to about 78-80Kg's then just reduce down any fat that's built up before my first fight which should be some time in the autumn, down to about 70Kgs.

Soldato
MonkieMann - I am as tall and thin as you. My confidence is at an all time low because of this and other things. I have a big problem where i struggle to get foods down, no matter how much i try, i can not get the food down.

Would people like me benefit from any kind of weight gainer to help me up my callories etc?

Thanks!

Caporegime
cant you get the extra kcals from normal food?
dont think about just adding 1000kcal or something to your daily intake, a lot of people would struggle with that.
add 200kcal for a few days, then another 200kcal etc etc

Soldato
cant you get the extra kcals from normal food?
dont think about just adding 1000kcal or something to your daily intake, a lot of people would struggle with that.
add 200kcal for a few days, then another 200kcal etc etc

I really really struggle to eat a lot, just wondering if id benefit at all from getting a boost from a weight gainer? How would i struggle with the kcal boost?

I long to gain weight on my shoulders / arms / chest to make my apperance better. :(

Soldato
I really really struggle to eat a lot, just wondering if id benefit at all from getting a boost from a weight gainer? How would i struggle with the kcal boost?

I long to gain weight on my shoulders / arms / chest to make my apperance better. :(

you could just blend some real food rather than buy weight gainers if you struggle to get solid food down you. You should try gradually upping your kcal intake as morba has said though.

Caporegime

So get used to eating more then.

Yes you could benefit from a good shake, i wouldnt buy mass gainers as they are though, you can make your own instead. preference would be to come from proper food though.

Soldato
I can not and don't want to go into the reasoning behind it.

I've talked on here briefly before about my struggle with my body image after consecutive periods of being obese then severely anorexic - and if I'm shooting close the mark at all here I'll simply say this: it's taken me literally four full years to get to a point where I'm eating healthily and regularly and putting on weight that's coming from muscle rather than post binge fat, and most of my progress has come in the last six months or so. The sooner you stop looking for quick fixes or alternative methods, and frankly the sooner you stop saying 'can't' and just start eating decent whole foods, home cooked, at routine times, the sooner you will find your appetite normalising and your ability to eat more increase.

Like Morba says, you need to work up to it, it's not going to happen over night but if you keep looking for shakes and supps to do the work for you it's going to take far longer.

And if I'm really far from the mark then I guess the specifics aren't relevant but possibly the overall message still is.

Soldato
Anyone know what decent shake i can get my hands on?

Have a look at yourwhey.co.uk. I don't know if I was eating enough before but I feel a benifit from the shakes. Possibly combining that effect with having a physical job now. I wouldn't recommend weight gainers as such. Slowly increase your intake of food and you will hopefully gain lean mass rather than increasing bodyfat, which then needs to be cut back for the final result.

Back
Top Bottom