OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
OP
Good attitude to have. :) I know I shouldn't hate arms, and although they're strong and sizeable (17.5) I just find it frustrating training them when I could be doing more fun stuff like legs or back work outs - but they are starting to look small :(

Soldato
They 'Look' small. And just that. They deffinatley are not small 17.5" arms are something to be proud of. The illusions caused by proportioning are deceptive.

My brother said to me yesterday 'That chest/back workout we've been doing for GVT hasn't worked for me, my chests smaller than when we started!'.

I wanted to slap him. His chest has grown as has his back, arms and shoulders making his chest look smaller. The same has happened to me but I have been taking regular measurements so I know for a fact it isn't. Where as he did not and just has my word :p

If you begin to feel your (applies to everyone) arms begin to look small its a good thing in my eyes.

It *should* mean the rest of you is deffinatly growing which is good! and gives you even more incentive and determination to work on your proportioning.:)

I know you already know this but though I'd remind you incase you had forgotten;)

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks Benny that's a good way of looking at it :) The thing is I don't see in the mirror what other people see... and like has been mentioned many times You're never 100% satisfied with yourself. I know the stats *should* speak for themselves, but it's the mirror that kills me :o Bah, I'll just keep training and not worry about it - it's not demotivating me to training, it's just frustrating me :p

Soldato
Thanks Benny that's a good way of looking at it :) The thing is I don't see in the mirror what other people see... and like has been mentioned many times You're never 100% satisfied with yourself. I know the stats *should* speak for themselves, but it's the mirror that kills me :o Bah, I'll just keep training and not worry about it - it's not demotivating me to training, it's just frustrating me :p

I understand completely.

I don't think I'll ever be 100% happy, or anyone for that matter, but I don't think I would want to be. Isn't perfection supposed to be unachievable? i.e. nobody is perfect. I think if you got to this stage you wouldn't need to train like a mad man and wheres the fun in not pushing yourself? For now I'm quite happy to make slow but steady progress as it means I can keep doing what I absolutley love.

Photographs can be even more disappointing than the mirror. What helps make it worthwhile for me is when photos crop up on say facebook for example. But at an unconventional angle, like the back of you, or side on as your in the background chatting to someone else and you think 'holy ****! is that me? Is my arm, lat, shoulder really so big you can see definition through my clothes?!' Or when people around you look considerably smaller. :p thats one of the little things that spurs me on. (Not meaning to toot my own trumpet!)

Take a look at the strong man pics during your rope pull. If your arms get bigger than your head it's time to stop!!:p

Last edited:
Soldato
Good attitude to have. :) I know I shouldn't hate arms, and although they're strong and sizeable (17.5) I just find it frustrating training them when I could be doing more fun stuff like legs or back work outs - but they are starting to look small :(

Starting to look small lol, its all in your head man:D.

Caporegime
If you're concerned about appearance rather than size, maybe you should train for such? Not trying to teach you to suck eggs as I know fa compared to yourself, and from what I remember reading from your posts you are more concerned with size and strength rather than aesthetics. However couldn't you get all that hair waxed every couple of months, get a tan, and try a serious cut to show all that muscle (even though you say you don't believe in bulk / cut cycles)? Then you'd look bigger and better even if you lost a little bit of muscle and maybe you'd be happier looking in the mirror.

Man of Honour
OP
I'm not overly concerned with aesthetics, though it did sound like I was. I'm more concerned about functionality and physical ability... The reason I'm predominantly not into aesthetics is that I'll never be happy with how I look so why concentrate on something which I know I won't be satisfied with? Instead I concentrate on a) becoming powerful b) being strong c) getting a decent shape (in terms of size) d) keeping my fitness in check.

I know it sounds as though (and I was) I was whinging about my appearance, but hey we all have our bad days.

I would never get my legs and chest waxed I'm afraid. It's just not that important to me. I don't particularly see myself ever competing either. I like being bulky and strong more than I like looking good in the mirror (which to me will never happen anyway). I seldom look in the mirror - I just don't like what I see, but that's a deeper rooted problem which we'll leave at that. :)

I appreciate your comments and support though Robbie and they are totally worthwhile but unfortunately don't really apply to my ethos. However you're right, the lower the BF the "bigger" you do look. It's just not for me. Don't get me wrong, if I start to cut up more as a result of my routine and lifestyle I won't say no, but it's not my primary goal. :)

Soldato
I'm not overly concerned with aesthetics, though it did sound like I was. I'm more concerned about functionality and physical ability... The reason I'm predominantly not into aesthetics is that I'll never be happy with how I look so why concentrate on something which I know I won't be satisfied with? Instead I concentrate on a) becoming powerful b) being strong c) getting a decent shape (in terms of size) d) keeping my fitness in check.

So if anyone does take the **** he can crush them in his pecs haha

Soldato
so I am guessing that drugs are ok (at this comp) as long as you are not currently on a cycle or can test -ve for something.

This competition was brought to you by the Ministry of Muscle, there is about a nat's **** chance in helll that it was tested or that they would even if they had the cash to waste. Just take a look at that picture, you can see that it doesn't matter to Jimmi if I'm not trying to get as big as him and it doesn't matter to me if he's bigger than me partly due to "cheating".

Back
Top Bottom