OcUK HQ Motors Meet Take 4 - Cars, Computers & More - Saturday 25th May 2024

OcUK Staff
OP
Why is it all the Jap car owners dropping out? I'm going to be on my own with my '90s heap
:(:p

Don't worry got a few GTR's and RX7 coming, circa 200 cars are confirmed. :D

Hi,

Ive applied through the link but not had anything back. Looking to bring my TVR Cerbera 4.5. Am I able to join and show or am i too late :S

Thanks
James

Turn up before 9am and I will fit you in. :)
You shall be Zone B/B1 just mention that to a marshal and Gibbo said so. :)

Caporegime
Anyone driving through Melton mowbray and Loughborough back roads then A50 derby?

Coming from Peterborough and taking the scenic route rather than boring M6 ;)
Be aware the A50 has been closed all day westbound (towards the event) at the junction with the A38 after an over night truck fire, be aware it could well be closed for over night (tonight) for repairs to the carriageway after the fire. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm coming up from Stevenage, but leaving about 6am to get there for 8:30, what route/timings are you thinking of?

I'd best get it washed!

MlSZFvG.jpg
Oo I'm not an early bird so plan to get there around 9:30am, @Gibbo will the food vans be there by then? ;)

Doesn't look like you'll be anywhere near my route but for info:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/xLrPQnoio3sG6tb67
Be aware the A50 has been closed all day westbound (towards the event) at the junction with the A38 after an over night truck fire, be aware it could well be closed for over night (tonight) for repairs to the carriageway after the fire. :)
Thanks I saw that on Google maps earlier, I'm sure an alternative route if that's the case tomorrow.

OcUK Staff
OP
Event Guidelines and helpful info for tomorrow:

e1.jpg e2.jpg e3.jpg e4.jpg e5.jpg

Look forward to meeting some of you tomorrow, were expecting around 500 people through out the day tomorrow, so its going to busy and I apologise now if I do not get chance to say hello to everybody.
All those attending hope you have a great day, remember food wise we have:

- Goodwins Coffee (From 7am)
- Rob Moreton Hot Food catering (bacon, sausages, oatcakes etc, from 8am)
- Bowes Pizza (from 10am)
- Ice cream van (from 10am)
- All located around the back of the OcUK building near the canal with seating area, gym equipment and gazebos for cover and plenty of bins, next to Autobrite display area.
- Free canned drinks and bags are crisp will be available on the day too.
- STRICTLY NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE BUILDING, anyone consuming drink or food on premises will be told to go outside!

Remember we have Autobrite, Hotwheels, McLaren, Alpine, Audi all attending officially as well. :)

Those display cars arrive at the times in your email / ticket, those not display arrive 10am onwards or as per email instructions.

Once we are full use Autobrite for parking or park somewhere sensible and legally, we won't be responsible if you get a ticket or towed away.

The racing SIM's are awesome by the way as are the classic arcade machines.

Soldato
Every time I wash and wax this car it just reminds me of how much money I wasted on the absolute pap respray :(

wVI0IZI.jpeg

And I didn't get chance to finish sorting out new numberplates to get rid of the manky peeling ones. Oh well, good enough from a distance. Gibbo, can you erect a cordon around it so no-one looks too closely :p

See you all tomorrow! Looks like it'll be a cracker!

Associate
Every time I wash and wax this car it just reminds me of how much money I wasted on the absolute pap respray :(

wVI0IZI.jpeg

And I didn't get chance to finish sorting out new numberplates to get rid of the manky peeling ones. Oh well, good enough from a distance. Gibbo, can you erect a cordon around it so no-one looks too closely :p

See you all tomorrow! Looks like it'll be a cracker!
I haven't been on this forum in ages and have just heard about this event going on and have seen your post. Tempted to come and have a look tomorrow.

Look after those genuine wind deflectors haha.

In 2016 it was mint and looked like this:
gc6jm36l.jpeg

dBG4Vzgl.jpeg

Now it looks like this after a load of track days:
p2Q21uwl.jpeg

y8fxtGZl.jpeg

Know what it's like to own one haha. Tbf mine has been bulletproof. Mine is due a respray when the salt goes on the roads again. Just standard 90's Jap rotbox stuff.

Last edited:
Associate
Spent the afternoon cleaning, all ready for tomorrow.

Should be a great day!

nC19OKl.jpeg

qu44Ujw.jpeg

BxBt4qA.jpeg

9tEFhJv.jpeg

:)
What a beast, how much tyre shine did that take :cry: I know nothing about big Lorries, what are the specs & torque numbers / engine code. Love a good Lorry cab now I'm getting older. I really respect the skill it takes to drive something like that!

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking forward to seeing / meeting everyone tomorrow.

I'll be the Geordie idiot in the Blue Alfa Romeo Guilia looking lost in the "not displaying car park" bit. Was tempted to wear an NUFC tshirt to make it obvious but then "could I do it on a cold Saturday in Stoke....."

Also - at the risk of sounding like a 5 year old child. I've been obsessed with Alpine A110's for years now, would love to sit in one and see if I actually fit if there's any about :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
What a beast, how much tyre shine did that take :cry: I know nothing about big Lorries, what are the specs & torque numbers / engine code. Love a good Lorry cab now I'm getting older. I really respect the skill it takes to drive something like that!
It took quite a bit! :D

It's a 13 litre inline 6 cylinder, 460 bhp, 2500nm of torque, 15 speed gearbox, 12 forward gears plus overdrive and two reverse gears! It's a "DC13" engine.

Believe it or not, I find it easier to drive than my Volvo V70! :D

Back
Top Bottom