OcUK HQ Motors Meet Take 4 - Cars, Computers & More - Saturday 25th May 2024

Associate
Was a great day out! Great variety (and number) of cars, good to have a catch up with various people too, and some good competition on the sim. Thanks Gibbo and all for organising!

OcUK Staff
Hello Overclockers :D What an awesome event, thank you to everyone who attended or volunteered and made it a great success! You might have seen me running around like mad trying to catch it all on camera (video will be on YouTube this week). For now here is a selection of photos my marketing colleagues Rob & Em managed to capture!
I had to compress them quite heavily to get them on the forums but hopefully you can spot your motor :)

jpeg-optimizer_600lt_blue.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_600lt_red.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_750s.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_Autobrite_sttand.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_autobrite-demos.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_blue_car.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_BMW.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_C2_CORVETTE.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_car_driving.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_car_paark_wide.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_car_par.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_car_park_wider.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_carpark_wide.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_cars_and_logo.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_caterham.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_ccofeee.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_chevy.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_Chevy_wide.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_classics.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_colourful_super_cars.jpeg jpeg-optimizer_emira.jpg jpeg-optimizer_food_brekky.jpg jpeg-optimizer_ford.jpg jpeg-optimizer_front_cars.jpg jpeg-optimizer_GGTRs.jpg jpeg-optimizer_green_fiesta.jpg jpeg-optimizer_hotwheels.jpg jpeg-optimizer_is_that_a_SUPRA.jpg jpeg-optimizer_jag-on-jag.jpg jpeg-optimizer_laptimes.jpg jpeg-optimizer_mclaaren_orange.jpg jpeg-optimizer_mclaren_570s.jpg jpeg-optimizer_mclaren_orange.jpg jpeg-optimizer_mclaren_yellow.jpg jpeg-optimizer_mclaren_yellow_front.jpg jpeg-optimizer_mercedes.jpg jpeg-optimizer_Mercedes_mini_carpark.jpg jpeg-optimizer_MX5.jpg jpeg-optimizer_nascar.jpg jpeg-optimizer_nissan_GTR.jpg jpeg-optimizer_nissan_logo.jpg jpeg-optimizer_pizza.jpg jpeg-optimizer_Porsche_dakar.jpg jpeg-optimizer_Porsche_happy.jpg jpeg-optimizer_red_car.jpg jpeg-optimizer_stoke_audi.jpg jpeg-optimizer_suburu.jpg jpeg-optimizer_variety.jpg jpeg-optimizer_waxxed.jpg

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Very happy with how it all went and big thank you to all who attended and everyone who helped organise it.

In the end putting so much effort into organising it paid off as all went smoothly on the day and lots and lots of people approaching me saying how much they loved it and several people saying it was one of the best meets they have ever attended, so seems it was a big success.

After speaking to many many people one car keeps getting mentioned over and over again:

IMG_7450.jpeg

I don’t have any photos but it is Stuart’s big block C2 Corvette, had quite a few people come over and say values aside it was the car they most wanted to drive home in. :)

Soldato
I only realised who you were as your car left as Gibbo mentioned it to me, I was struck by how relatively standard it looks, a real wolf in sheep's clothing as such.

Shame, I'd have loved a closer look. :)

I'm still in the North Staffs/Cheshire area til Sat if you're anywhere close, but if you're not then I'm sure I'll be at the next meet so I'll make a point of looking for you (I'm 99% sure my mates kid chatted to your wife in the passenger seat whilst she was having a crafty ciggy)!

Caporegime
I'm still in the North Staffs/Cheshire area til Sat if you're anywhere close, but if you're not then I'm sure I'll be at the next meet so I'll make a point of looking for you (I'm 99% sure my mates kid chatted to your wife in the passenger seat whilst she was having a crafty ciggy)!
Probably difficult now as I'll be off all over the country in the truck from tomorrow, although definitely next time for sure. :)

I'm quite certain she spoke to a few from the passenger seat, I couldn't get her out of there(!) - she said she was happy "people watching" the height of the cab gives a good perspective for doing so!

Last edited:
Soldato
It's clear from the photos alone that this was an epic event. Well done Gibbo and everyone else involved :cool:

Also, amazing to see my favourite ever Scalextric car (Texaco Sierra) in 1:1 scale :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking at the quality of those pics I'm slightly glad mine is missing, no-one needs to see 150 miles worth of bug splats in 4K :D
Yeah they are pretty sharp!!

Here's my dump of pictures anyway.
CE5rzAM.jpg

1f8bDyf.jpg

FWprCUE.jpg

Police seem to be interested in these dodgy looking characters :p

mvCOuFe.jpg

NgjfJIY.jpg

X2MF9or.jpg

D40JMsG.jpg

hVOaSEf.jpg

fvYYVfl.jpg

JEqjvQP.jpg

o4vgFH5.jpg

k0jHBkD.jpg

6MHDO2q.jpg

B5FTPgT.jpg

jl2yekP.jpg

8Xjrh6f.jpg

6sbSQdG.jpg

iLd4nIT.jpg

SCnEIxP.jpg

8U3PxkN.jpg

jVZqAQF.jpg

jDp96U5.jpg

nKTZvat.jpg

kI8yFcV.jpg

Lw31yK8.jpg

YiZKM9x.jpg

fT5IbrJ.jpg

btrFWKI.jpg

bSP352g.jpg

Tl2Ymk0.jpg

MFfeKpK.jpg

Almost get the rainbow here starting with the red 944, orange Focus, yellow Megane, green Fiesta etc etc

c9E9RnC.jpg

9zihMOK.jpg

AoyJzMG.jpg

4a86wLv.jpg

tKNs7KK.jpg

glv448i.jpg

60aMNik.jpg

XK4AjDG.jpg

8zm8dYP.jpg

QrvXPbm.jpg

BggmZKn.jpg

Hd3FWtr.jpg