OcUK HQ Motors Meet Take 4 - Cars, Computers & More - Saturday 25th May 2024

Caporegime
Thanks to Gibbo and the rest of the OcUK staff for a well orgranised day!

Having travelled 150miles with a "visitor" pass I didn't bother with anything more substantial than a quick jet wash at tesco a few minutes before arriving so I was surprised (and a little worried about the state of my car) when Gibbo waved me into the "show car" section on arrival to the car park instead.

I had a few good chats with Dave and his Skyline Collection (R32 to R35) and a couple of the other Audi RS drivers but I spent most of the morning showing my mates 8yo lambo mad kid around so couldn't chat as much as I'd like (never even thought about a "my name is........" sticker for easy ID) but both myself and the kid had a great morning!

Ps Special thanks to Sarah the red 458 owner who gave the kid a full tour of their stunning car!
I only realised who you were as your car left as Gibbo mentioned it to me, I was struck by how relatively standard it looks, a real wolf in sheep's clothing as such.

Shame, I'd have loved a closer look. :)

Itc

Itc

Associate
Had a few issues with the camera, serves me right for not checking the F-stop lol... Great day, many thanks to the organizers and everybody involved.

H7r6W97.jpeg
zOWfxVN.jpeg
H5y7EGf.jpeg
2QXPoQq.jpeg
OlPRnZ3.jpeg
ZbHaW8f.jpeg
9mcpe1v.jpeg
0jBDTjI.jpeg
BVY0V4U.jpeg
dGG68Na.jpeg
iuE0ygO.jpeg
CCXl0cy.jpeg
UtamjfL.jpeg
oQkNMBd.jpeg
gFc5E2F.jpeg
r7ZRorv.jpeg
0VOOlfh.jpeg
1FXAbn2.jpeg
OkIvJGg.jpeg
rpWkPpa.jpeg
OdaBN79.jpeg
The Lotus Elan is the nicest car imho

Soldato
It was good of you to arrange decent weather too! Great turnout and my static numberplate even stayed on to keep the local constabulary happy. It has now fallen off and landed in the frunk though :D

Nice mix of cars, good pizza, and I only heard 1 BMW revving, great day out!
That was probably mine, and it was my 14 year old who was desperate to rev it, so I gave in and let him after about an hour of nagging me

Last edited:
Soldato
Not hard to ask people, it gets people talking to each other. NERDS united.

And there's some people on the ignore list here, so some may not want to interact with those :)

It would be easier and a good opening, "OMG it's Ace Modder!" As oppose to *in geek voice* "I'm IT3 on the forum, who are you?"

I never went to the Meet, so i have no say either way - just an off the cuff comment from me :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Looked like an absolute cracking meet. Hopefully you do another soon and I will not be working.

That R460 looks great Scania. We have the older R450 NG's and they are by far the best trucks out of what we have. Some have a million Km/s on them whilst the same DAF's and Mercs are all falling to bits :).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Looked like an absolute cracking meet. Hopefully you do another soon and I will not be working.

That R460 looks great Scania. We have the older R450 NG's and they are by far the best trucks out of what we have. Some have a million Km/s on them whilst the same DAF's and Mercs are all falling to bits :).
They are built (and priced!) to last, I took great pleasure showing a few people the clutch life remaining on its dashboard display, its on roughy 100K miles, it's clutch life remaining according to it's on board monitoring? - 100%!

It has an automated manual gearbox, basically, it will (should!) always bite and change at the optimal moment, I'm reliably informed that the original factory clutch should outlast the vehicles life, regardless of mileage!

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine is certainly no 20k car and was pictured :p

Have to say that Elan along with the Corvette C2 was spot one!

Must take the power of the gods(or the boss :p) to resist some cheeky doughnuts in the yard when its clear :D

Also spotted the google street car parked up outside the fence

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo, you never took a pic of the ZED haha

Sorry only got photos are the best Jap cars, the GTO and RX7. :p

In all seriousness it was nearly impossible for me to take photos as people kept chatting to me, zero regrets, what an awesome day and loved hearing how happy people were.
Thankfully we did have a few professional photographers present on the day, those photos and videos are been compiled and the company will sort something and post something, I will also gain access and get the photos uploaded on the forums and I am sure your car as will everyone else be featured. :)

Not sure if I posted these two, but as just been edited a little here they are, potentially again, love the little RC car. :D

A110.jpg

MCL.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom