• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Official Geforce Titan review thread

I added some more reviews.

It looks another pcgameshardware has also noticed some issues with the new boost:

http://translate.google.com/transla...97980/Tests/Test-Geforce-GTX-Titan-1056659/4/

It looks like the boost,works very well for the first minute and then sort of goes down a decent amount as the GPU gets too hot.

So,basically keep the GPU cool, it seems.

Geforce GTX titanium tested: 950-euro-battleship with the best values ​​in each discipline
Carsten Spille, Raphael Vötter
|
02/21/2013 15:00 clock
|
Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan has finally arrived and tested by us: PC Games Hardware offers for this occasion not only dry specifications, but juicy game benchmarks including Crysis 3 and other top titles. Not just one, even three cards we could hunt in 3-Way SLI through our benchmark suite and present herewith the launch to test GTX titanium.
Geforce GTX Titan reviewed: Benchmark Boost

The following is an excerpt from our staple item for titanium in PCGH GTX 04/2013 (6 March in the trade):

For our benchmarks, the GPU Boost 2.0 means but an important limitation. We test usually on an open test bench, in which the graphics card is getting enough cool air in room temperature available - ideal conditions if you will. But within enclosures often significantly different conditions prevail, especially in the summer are also in well-ventilated enclosures significantly higher values ​​than our reach around 22 ° Celsius.

Since the GTX Titan the temperature play a key role, we have to test driven a great effort and recorded the achieved clock speeds at 28 ° C inlet air is warm for each benchmark game separately in any resolution and enforced for the benchmark runs constantly by Nvidia Inspector . For another point is added:
Current benchmark sequences are 30 to 60 seconds long gameplay snippets, which usually precedes a loading operation. Here a GPU Boost Technology 2.0 "gain momentum" as it were, for the benchmark and go through the cooler by the idle-charge phase GPU part of the test, with higher clock speeds. That is not up to what the player is experiencing in everyday life, because longer playing phases incurred where the temperature rises more and more according to the clock sinks. Therefore, would such a "standard test" will hardly do justice to our claim to deliver meaningful game benchmarks.

In summary, we have shooed the GTX Titan in about four settings through our course to cover every possible scenario meaningful:

• Standard method with artificially on the "guaranteed" by Nvidia boost rate of 876 MHz, limited-clock. Similarly, we handle it since the GTX 670th These values ​​also represent the basis of our tests ("@ 876 MHz")
• Free boost development on our open test bench with enough cooler air ("dyn. Boost")
• Individually applied to the minimum clock rate at 28 ° C inlet air is warm board set. This corresponds to the housing operation in summer temperatures ("28 ° C")

And last but not least, we take advantage of the OC capabilities of the card slightly, by increasing by EVGA Precision offset clock to 100 MHz, the Power Target to 105 percent and the target temperature to 85 ° C. Raise - all relatively safe levels .

Good, well make sure you drop by and kick LtMatt off the top slot in the Vally Benchmark thread.

He's looking real pleased with himself, properly smug, and i don't like it :p

He keeps bullying me about my porpers GPU.

I may well beat him but for sure he has a peach of a card and price wise...Superb :)

@ Cat

From what I have read, the 2.0 boost works how you set it. If you set it to temps, it will keep clocking up till the temp set is reached. this is why water cooling on these is a must for overclockers.

I may well beat him but for sure he has a peach of a card and price wise...Superb :)

@ Cat

From what I have read, the 2.0 boost works how you set it. If you set it to temps, it will keep clocking up till the temp set is reached. this is why water cooling on these is a must for overclockers.

Personally,I think more reviews need to look at this,as it wouldn't surprise me even if AMD does the same too with its future cards!! :(

What we need is reviews testing 5 to 10 minute gaming runs,so that AMD or Nvidia boost,does not twist the results.

Is possible when you test your cards,that you do longer runs,please??

Personally,I think more reviews need to look at this,as it wouldn't surprise me even if AMD does the same too with its future cards!! :(

What we need is reviews testing 5 to 10 minute gaming runs,so that AMD or Nvidia boost,does not twist the results.

Is possible when you test your cards,that you do longer runs,please??

No probs. My first testing with SLI 680's, I did 20 min runs and will do the same again. I am also interested in how each setting works and will have a good play with all of them.

Pretty amazing card tbh, especially considering power consumption and noise levels. I'd love to have one in my system, but sadly its out of my price range. Only for those with really expensive tastes.

Back
Top Bottom