OcUK Photo Comp - Season Five : Round Seven - "Candid" DISCUSSION

Soldato
mrk said:
AdWright for winnar :O

Some mrk bloke has also added his entry, damn!

cyKey said:
I expect morgan to post a wedding shot, mrk too or perhaps a relative ;)

I can see the future! Your photo seems to be lacking a border, even though you say you added one.

Edit: I've updated my image to something more on topic. Its taken from a recent photo shoot that I assisted on. While my other image is technically better, this one says candid more.

Last edited:
Soldato
lowrider007 said:
I've changed my entry.............................grabs coat and runs........... :o

That feels really staged. So does anyone not get my photo? I've been told it looks like the people are behind a doorway instead of a reflection. I'd appreciate some feedback. I have a more obvious shot but I liked this shot.

Soldato
cyKey said:
Yeah its technically better but this is more on topic I feel and thats the most important point.

Good point!

EDIT : Cykey would you mind me asking what you do to create the sepia color with your photo's? I really like the effect it has on certain shots!

Last edited:
Associate
i like your new one cykey. Your last one was an awesome shot, but i didnt think it fitted the theme. I think candid is a very hard one to judge and differnet people have their own views on what candid is. Personally id say your first one, as well as a couple in this round seem more portrait to me.

Last edited:
Soldato
lowrider007 said:
that what I was initially thinking, I think a lot of people are confusing 'candid' photography with lifestyle portrait photography, I could be wrong tho, I still pretty new to this game.

Agreed. Some great shots but they're too portrait, which I think quite simply means theres no context. Too close to their faces to see the actual candid moment.

Associate
cyKey said:
Yeah its technically better but this is more on topic I feel and thats the most important point.

From a personal point of view that's correct but from a scoring point of view it's probably not to be honest. I think a great pic that's arguably off topic will score better than an OK pic bang on topic.

But it's not about the winning it's about the personal development, isn't it? Isn't it?!? *goes off to check who ahead of him in the tables...*

Soldato
Mohain said:
From a personal point of view that's correct but from a scoring point of view it's probably not to be honest. I think a great pic that's arguably off topic will score better than an OK pic bang on topic.

But it's not about the winning it's about the personal development, isn't it? Isn't it?!? *goes off to check who ahead of him in the tables...*

Exactly. I would rather enter an on topic image and loose points than enter something just to get points.

Back
Top Bottom