*** OcUK Powerlifting Totals ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
:) I've made a few posts fairly recently.

I weigh in at ~90kg at the moment.

How do you guys warmup for 1rm lifts? Do normal sets and Finish with a heavy weight or just do single lifts gradually increasing the weight?

Associate
:) I've made a few posts fairly recently.

I weigh in at ~90kg at the moment.

How do you guys warmup for 1rm lifts? Do normal sets and Finish with a heavy weight or just do single lifts gradually increasing the weight?

for squat id not go over 3 reps on a decent wait untill i have done my 1RM

so id warm up on 60,100,140 8 reps or so then 180 just 3 then 200 maybe 1/2 then 210 1 etc etc

same principal with bench but a lot less weight as im WEAK at the bench!

PS - i always take a massive breath just before i start to desend on the squat - keeps you core stable and give you stability i find... hmm ill just keep chucking fake tan on my face untill my body is used to it :) ...Checked with Dr's my BP is "very good" must just be coming close to my limit at the moment (maybe! :( )

Last edited:
Associate
i do doubles to warm up

For bench its usually, 60/80/100
squat 100/140/180
Dealift 100/160/200

Should note, my weights up, 118kg atm, i tend to hover between 112-125 depending on how my eating is going and how im training at the time, switching to PL specific training (and eating) always piles it on me

Last edited:
Soldato
I like to do a warm up set of about 8 reps at 50% of my target weight. Then I'll do doubles or tripples at 60,70,80% then just singles at 90/95%.

I like to get a feel for the progressive load as opposed to just double it over one set as I feel safer this way. It's probaly not the best method for maximal effort but has worked for me and kept me safe which is more important to me.

Ideally you shouldn't do more than about 3-4 sets previous to the 1rm attempt so as not to waste/burn out on energy.

Whatever works for you :)

Soldato
Got my 125KG Bench today :)

Last Saturday I stalled just on the way back off chest. Went like this:

60KG x 12
80KG x 5
100KG x 2
110KG x 1
125KG x 1

Then cracked on with my working:
80KG x 10
90KG x 8
100KG x 6 (PB never done more than 5)
110KG x 3 (last rep spotted)

Also boshed out the same reps on 30, 35, 40 & 45KG Inc DB press.

Some GCBP upto 90KG x 3.

Dips + 30KG x 6 is also a new PB :)

Bodyweight 92KG!!!:eek::eek::eek:

5 more KG to go and im in the 500KG club. .25" to go and I'm in the gun club :p

Soldato
going to try some leg work tonight after 1 hours sleep (have tried sleeping) and a lot of drinking last night, I'm hoping for the best :o and if its too poor I'll change it and do it tommorow.

Edit: It appears I posted this in the wrong thread, oh well. Also it went horribly and i got really bad headache (probably due to dehydration even though I drank loads of water)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Great effort but it looks quite high. Basing that on the angle of the white stripe on your jogging bottoms compared to the bars on the rack btw.

Edit: Just looked at how much you weigh :eek: I shall change my opinion to ****ing fantastic effort!

Last edited:
Soldato
awww! I liked the old list! Where I wasnt bottom! At least it gives me some motivation!!!!

Coming after you Mansize! Gimme 2 weeks and 10 steaks! :D

Soldato
Thanks lads :)

Sorry DS force of habit! :o

same BW?
70KG :)

That's a nice fast rep. Didn't you fancy trying a double?
I squatted until failure prior to these attempt. So it was a relief beating my PB by 20KG, didn't want to push my luck!

Great effort but it looks quite high. Basing that on the angle of the white stripe on your jogging bottoms compared to the bars on the rack btw.

Edit: Just looked at how much you weigh :eek: I shall change my opinion to ****ing fantastic effort!
Weight aside I'd like to clear the point you raised. I've been training at this gym for approximately 9 months, so I've been squatting a fair whack inside the squatting cage.

Firstly the video recording FPS isn't really helping the case but lets say for arguments sake that this is the lowest point I get in the video:

35762387.jpg

I'm just under parallel. Fig 1. demonstrates the same angle as the safety bar. That is approximately 1.5 holes just above which is approximately 4-5cm, I know where the safety bar is under parallel for me. Fig 2. demonstrates the same angle against my thigh.

Take that as you may :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom