OcUK Rolling Road Day 12 @ PowerStation (Tewksbury) - July 23rd 2011

I've not done motorway miles or a proper brim test but I've worked out the following:

£77 worth of expensive petrol takes me from fuel light to totally full, I hit the fuel light again between 200-225 miles, but obviously I don't drive it like an old lady. All my driving is pretty short trips and from cold I guess as well.

Trip says average of 21MPG.

Sounds about right! :)

On the motorway its easy for me to return over 30MPG, but I am averaging 15MPG, ooops. :D

I wanted to go there.. but thought it was a bit low.. o damn sorry :D

On a serious note, shame to hear dude, but there has been many a time when leave pubs etc where you have to really judge the exit without doing damage. But I think if you have destroyed your bumper you must have been going a smidge fast (IMO of course...)

Hope you get it sorted asap.

This is the only issue with the Porsche its front splitter is way to low, catches on everything, so far its still on the car but I know a few people who are now on their 3rd or 4th splitter. :eek:

Lots of people are going to be having closer to or over 200 miles one way, hell, I drive a 180mile round trip every weekend for the fun of it.

I'm not far off where you are and I'll be doing 200mile round trip for the day, it really isn't a big hassle if you want to meet up with other OcUK members.

The last one was a 450 mile round trip for me, I still went. :)

Bob Rawle maps on the road.. where you tend to drive a car ;)

And those with dyno's would say road mappers claim road mapping is better simply because they can't afford a dyno setup. ;)

I feel their is plus and negatives of both, but I feel a dyno should always be the basis of mapping a car followed up by any road mapping to adjust/tweak the dyno map.

Afterall where on the road can you safely do 4th or 5th pulls safely and both legally? Also get true measured AFR's etc.

I just feel road mappers bang on about road mapping been best as they can't afford or want to afford the over-heads of a dyno.

What a croc

If you know how to use a proper dyno you can put, hold or drive through every single cell in your ECU table at any load you so desire.
You WILL NOT be able to do this on the road in any sensible time frame if at all.

Pretty much what I was saying more politely.

Road mappers who claim they don't need dyno's do so because they can't afford one.

The dyno is where its at and far safer for both car and other road users.

Hi there

Here is the running order:-

Running Order which starts at 9am, anyone late shall or not about for their slot shall be running last:-

1. Fett - Possibly two very special cars - First dyno **ONLY A MAYBE**
2. Vigaro - Mazda MX5 1.8i
3. [TW]Taggart - Mazda MX5 1.8i Sport - First dyno
4. Darryn - MX5 1.8i - First dyno (Predicting 142BHP)
5. Ace Modder - Lee - Subaru Impreza WRX with mods - First dyno
6. McHaMmEr - Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000 - New big turbo
7. Bicepo - Chris - Toyota Celica GT4 with mods - First dyno
8. Bicepo's friend - 430BHP Focus RS - First Dyno
9. Duke - Golf Mark V GTi - First dyno
10. Howard - Mondeo ST220 - Comparing to Eurospec
11. Solid - Mondeo ST220 - Comparing to previous dynos (99% sure of running)
12. Will - Fiesta ST Mountune 185 - First Dyno
13. Rizo-UK - Astra SRi Turbo with mods - First dyno (Predicting 223BHP)
14. Rizo-UK's Brother - Astra VXR Stage 2 - First dyno (Predicting 276BHP)
15. Clarkey - Colt - First dyno
16. -Neil- Lotus Exige S - Fixed exhaust
17. !bluetonic! - Andrew - Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon w/stage 1 - First dyno
18. Beermonster - Rob - BMW M5 - First Dyno
19. MacRS4 - BMW E92 M3 - First dyno
20. Tom0 - Nissan 200sx S14a (stage 2) - First dyno (Predicting 310BHP)
21. Scarfacé - Nissan 350Z - First Dyno
22. nicRob - Fiat Coupe 20v - First Dyno
23. Peerzy - Porsche Boxster S - First Dyno (Predicting 290BHP)
24. Naithwraith - Supra N/A AUTO - First Dyno (Predicting 212BHP)
25. Gibbo - Andy - Porsche 911 C2S - First dyno (Predicting 371BHP)

Maybe runners (You need to let me know, are you or not running?):

alexisonfire - Clio 182 with mods
Joe T - Mini Cooper S Works
Nicrob - Something new
-Westy-
Fett - 2 Possible special cars
ScottiB - Honda Civic 2.2 Diesel
Adam - Fiesta Zetec
Scoobydoo69 - Mini

Remember its £35 a run, please bring the correct money!

Can the maybe runners now let me know if they are running or not please so I can put you in the appropiate position on the running list.

In order to avoid people just not turning up, please can you have the manners/respect to let me know now so you are removed from the running list and I am not looking for you on the day.

Remember anyone who misses their slot, will be moved to last, so if your doing passenger rides please bear in mind where you are on the running list, I shall print out the running list and place it in the RR room ticking off each person and entering the result. :)

Also as a game why don't you all make a prediction of what you think/hope your going to get and the person who comes the closest will win a thumbs up. :p

Guess for my car is 371BHP!

Gibbo - what time do you estimate the last few will finish running?

Estimate - whatever stock is? 290bhp I think.

Spoke to Powerstation, aim is to be efficient, so to have the next runner waiting whilst the person before them runs, so that way changeover time is sub 5 mins and each run should take 10-15 mins.

So in theory your run should be 1-2pm, maybe before 1pm if things go very well.

Plan is to have left Powerstation by 2:30pm really, but bear in mind there could be more to drop out yet and if that happens your run will be earlier and we shall be leaving earlier.

Fantastic - my girlfriend is going away with work the next day so I promised her a nice evening/meal and didn't want to be waiting to run at 4pm knowing I had a 2 hour drive back.

Why? :confused: Surely you'd want to run your new car at least once like you did the 530i?

We had 23 runners at Eurospec, but they were hugely slow.

Were looking at approx 25 runners at the moment, though I think on the day it shall be more around 20 runners resulting in us leaving Powerstation for 1:30ish, 2 at the latest, enough time to hit the pub for a drink and those who wanna leave early can do so and others can just chill at the pub and do passenger rides for the remainder of the day.

Back
Top Bottom