OCUK RWYB Drag Meet 2 - Saturday March 25th - Santa Pod Raceway

OcUK Staff
Hi there

KW rear springs fitted and height set on car. KW springs are twice the weight of the ones I removed. :(

Anyway I also setup the dampers for drag racing, well my rough stab in the dark anyway.

Rear dampers are recommended to be set at 9 clicks from hard on rebound and compression six clicks from hard. I set rebound 6 clicks from hard and compression ten clicks from hard. The theory being allow a bit of squat on the rear (compression) and keep the damper forcing the wheel down to prevent hop (rebound). Hence softer on compression and firmer on rebound, my thinking anyway.

Front dampers are recommended at 8 clicks from hard on rebound and compression six clicks from hard. I set rebound at 16 clicks from hard and compression four clicks from hard. Theory being lack of rebound will allow front-end to rise transferring weight to rear on launch and firm compression will bring the front down in a steady controlled motion.

My take on it anyway, see if works tomorrow and I shall set front tyre pressure at 40psi and rear at 30psi. :)

Man of Honour
OP
Suspension settings sounds right from my Admittedly limited experience.

Can probably get away with dropping the rear tyre pressure down considerably, I've always ran the AD08Rs on mine down at 16psi cold (Although regular pressures are only 26psi all round on an MX5 anyway)

Associate
Have fun all, I hope you all break your PBs, unfortunately i wont be able to attend today to get an 11 :)

I look forward to seeing the pictures and the videos...

Be safe all and hope to race with you guys soon

Regards Lee

Back
Top Bottom