• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX7800XT and RX7700XT review thread

Caporegime
AMD choose which games to bundle with their GPU's, past evidence and information clearly shows that the likleyhood of a new "MASSIVE" space game from Bethesda, would be a buggy mess at launch, like most of their games are, needing months and months of mods to fix their **** that they never actually fix themselves. This is a developer KNOWN, for over promising and under delivering.

They could have made deals for countless other far better games, but nope, they picked their "AMD" sponsored game.....

Probably cost them less that's why...

It's always about the money.

Its a big name game regardless, but its still not their fault for how the final product turns out, that's down to the devs and the publisher. You're preaching to the choir when it comes to Bethesda games at launch so its pointless to even mention it.

Last edited:
Soldato
So how are these looking?
I've only had time to checkout the GamersNexus who seemed sort of unimpressed. They suggested the 6800 XT was a better card if you could find it for a similar price, but the 7800 XT does seem better than Nvidia's offering in price performance, so it's not all bad. Overall it doesn't really seamed to have moved things on in any meaningful way though. I guess in 18 months it might be a better purchase once the "fine wine" effect has kicked in with the drivers and maybe the price will have come down?

I've not checked the LTT review but I suspect they'll have it beating a 4090 in a few benchmarks but then that'll be silently changed in a week or two...

Soldato
So how are these looking?
I've only had time to checkout the GamersNexus who seemed sort of unimpressed. They suggested the 6800 XT was a better card if you could find it for a similar price, but the 7800 XT does seem better than Nvidia's offering in price performance, so it's not all bad. Overall it doesn't really seamed to have moved things on in any meaningful way though. I guess in 18 months it might be a better purchase once the "fine wine" effect has kicked in with the drivers and maybe the price will have come down?

I've not checked the LTT review but I suspect they'll have it beating a 4090 in a few benchmarks but then that'll be silently changed in a week or two...
In most reviews it beats the 6800xt by a small margin. Gamers Nexus differed from the majority from what i have seen. It's really a 6700xt successor with a stupid name on it so in that price bracket it moved the tier up a good chunk. 6700xt was RRP 480 and this $500. The 6700xt was a Navi 22 chip and this is a Navi 32 chip so that's your apples to apples. Its the usual mid gen matches last gen highend affair for Mid gen pricing. Still can't believe $480 and $500 is mid end pricing these days but that's where we are at.

Soldato
In most reviews it beats the 6800xt by a small margin. Gamers Nexus differed from the majority from what i have seen. It's really a 6700xt successor with a stupid name on it so in that price bracket it moved the tier up a good chunk. 6700xt was RRP 480 and this $500. The 6700xt was a Navi 22 chip and this is a Navi 32 chip so that's your apples to apples. Its the usual mid gen matches last gen highend affair for Mid gen pricing. Still can't believe $480 and $500 is mid end pricing these days but that's where we are at.
So it's the same mediocre **** we've been getting for the rest of this generation (and possibly the one before that too) then?

Ah well, I guess we wait for next gen and cross our fingers.

Associate
So it's the same mediocre **** we've been getting for the rest of this generation (and possibly the one before that too) then?

Don't waste your time nothing is going to change. Buy what suits you best now because waiting for a Unicron gen and a real handing back of value to consumers is a fools endeavour.

Soldato

I skipped this and got a 7900xt as i have skipped enough releases. Forced into it really as i need it now but i am sure the 7900xt will do me for a good while.

Associate
Fully in the milking and price repositioning phase of the GPU life cycles. It looks like we need a disruptive entry from outside the usual suspects to get anything done price/perf wise. I was hoping morethreads would be something other than awful rebadged tech but it seems they are not. This is going to be a rinse and repeat for a while I think unfortunately.

Soldato

What LTT video for this release :cry: ? They didn't release one because the jig is up with their GPU reviews especially. They will release one in time after they have proof checked it many times to Gamers Nexus standards or what I suspect they will do is just copy their results and other respected reviewers that actually test the cards instead of just making up random numbers to fit their narrative. Their 4090 review is the all time worst GPU review ever with all the mistakes in it.

Associate
Those people having kittens about the performance in reviews may want to remember that said performance will almost certainly be improved via a few driver updates. Same thing happened with the 7900XT and 7900XTX, too.

Not enough POWAHHHH for me, though, I'm going for either a 7900XT or a 7900XTX next year once I've saved up a bit.

My new build is going to have a 7800X3D CPU, so anything I put in the thing is going to be GPU bottlenecked anyway lol

I WAS considering a 7800XT if the price was right, but it's a little too expensive for my liking.

Soldato
Linus found the 7700xt has some issue where it's performance mirrors a card running out of vram

Last of us part 1 was mentioned, the 7800xt runs fine but the 7700xt looks like it's running out of vram causing large stuttering which shouldn't happen as other 12gb cards are fine

They also say with both cards they got a lot of blu screen system crashing. So some driver work is needed

Last edited:
Caporegime
Soldato
Surely the fact you can buy a 7700XT SKU at the same price as you can buy a 7800XT SKU at launch shows there's an issue with pricing lol.

7700 XT - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...6-pci-express-graphics-car-gra-spr-00769.html
7800XT - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...6-pci-express-graphics-car-gra-spr-00764.html

It doesn't matter about the differences from the "standard" board for the 7700XT, you're picking that 7800XT every time.
This has always been the case, but people will still be stupid and buy a cooler they like the look of / brand they like.

4080 - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...dition-16gb-gddr6x-pci-express-gx-490-as.html
4090 - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/zota...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-13e-zt.html

As you can see from the reviews here, 3 people, 5 stars 'looks beautiful' 'a fantastic looking card' 'looks amazing' - When they could be running a 4090 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Caporegime
This has always been the case, but people will still be stupid and buy a cooler they like the look of / brand they like.

4080 - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...dition-16gb-gddr6x-pci-express-gx-490-as.html
4090 - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/zota...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-13e-zt.html

As you can see from the reviews here, 3 people, 5 stars 'looks beautiful' 'a fantastic looking card' 'looks amazing' - When they could be running a 4090 :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've never seen it happen at launch though.
The 4090 has come down from its "peak".

Although obviously the 4080 is vastly over priced

Soldato
Not bad cards at all performance wise, its not another 6500XT put it that way! (wonder if they will make a 7500XT?)

I think I will sit on my 6800 for a while yet unless I can get some crazy deal on a 7900xt. The price tag to performance gains just aren't there for me overall.

Soldato
Not bad cards at all performance wise, its not another 6500XT put it that way! (wonder if they will make a 7500XT?)

I think I will sit on my 6800 for a while yet unless I can get some crazy deal on a 7900xt. The price tag to performance gains just aren't there for me overall.

7500xt probably come after Nvidia launches rtx4050

Back
Top Bottom