• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX7800XT and RX7700XT review thread

Soldato
Honestly completely separate point... with reviews showing framerates in the hundreds for modern high end cards I'd be interested in a "what's the best image quality you can achieve whilst maintaining 60fps" like no upscaling, no TAA just running at like 200% resolution lol. I run my 6800XT at 60 but without FSR rather than 90fps with FSR. But maybe they is just me

It isn't just you.

I just see FSR and DLSS as ways for devs to be more lazy and not make their games run properly on cards it should run on. In fact, a lot of games now enable it by default, because the 3060 for example can not even run it natively at 1080p.

So no, I am not a fan of it. At all, and I never was. To me? reminds me of an old joke by Lee Evans. "So I went shopping today and had to carry two really heavy bags of shopping. I put them down and swapped them around before picking them back up.... WHAM, they felt lighter ! I've fooled the bags !".

Last edited:
Soldato
But in all the other markets they have far more stock,and have the same RDNA2 stock issue. I even asked a friend in elsewhere to check and they had no issues. Basically one retailer in the UK had two models at RRP. Why can't they have launched with decent stock in the UK market from day one at lots of retailers? People might have preferences for different retailers too not just one or two retailers. I remember the RX5600XT/RX5700XT launches were pretty decent in terms of stock and availability.

Personally I am quite happy to play old games,reduce settings,etc so can stay with what I have for longer. But at times I think AMD is their worst enemies(at least in the UK).

Gawd knows. I still see 6000 cards in stock. Like I said, I would strongly imagine they want them gone. I mean for all we know they might have to have agreed on a buy back if they don't sell or something? or fund further price drops.

You have to give them credit man. They ARE dropping prices. Like, the remnants of the 30 series were hardly cheap. Most of them were just RRP but people lost their minds because they could actually get one at RRP.

Soldato
OP
Gawd knows. I still see 6000 cards in stock. Like I said, I would strongly imagine they want them gone. I mean for all we know they might have to have agreed on a buy back if they don't sell or something? or fund further price drops.

You have to give them credit man. They ARE dropping prices. Like, the remnants of the 30 series were hardly cheap. Most of them were just RRP but people lost their minds because they could actually get one at RRP.

I have a feeling Nvidia got rid of them through prebuilt systems. I saw a lot of prebuilt systems and laptops over the last year,which were cheaper to buy than doing the build yourself.

AMD doesn't appear to have as strong OEM connections,so it might they have a higher percentage of stock in the retail market. Which is a shame really.

Soldato
I have a feeling Nvidia got rid of them through prebuilt systems. I saw a lot of prebuilt systems and laptops over the last year,which were cheaper to buy than doing the build yourself.

AMD doesn't appear to have as strong OEM connections,so it might they have a higher percentage of stock in the retail market. Which is a shame really.

Yup. I mean for a long while people were buying pre builts, shucking the GPU and then selling the rest off to get a half decent price on a GPU.

Mate of mine bought a 3080 12gb Strix for £730. About 10 months back like. It was on some deal, with £170 off. Which I thought was reasonable, given two weeks before I got the Strix LC B grade for £700.

But Nvidia sold out those GPUs way faster than AMD. Which when you compare their market share? makes a lot of sense. You also see far fewer pre builts with AMD in. Especially like, Dell and HP and etc.

Associate
Anyone think that with some OC (Nitro+ is a good clocker apparently), some time and some fine wine that the 7800XT might push into 6950XT territory?

15 FPS to make up according to HU's 15 game 1440p avg?

Associate
Dude the 7800XT Hellhound is £479 elsewhere. Most of the 6800XT I have seen are £520 and up.

The 6800XT RRP was £649. That's a big difference in price.
THREE. YEARS. AGO.

MORE CU's. MORE OF A GPU.

Of course a larger die gpu would cost more...

Stop making excuses and learn how to know what you are actual looking at here, its not apples to apples...

You are trying to make out its a good deal, that AMD are selling you a much cheaper GPU, for less money 3 years later. LOL, how stupid does that sound when you actually realise what you are saying...

Caporegime
What an embarrassing release, I hope people will now see that amd are not your friends, doesn't even comfortably out perform a 3 year old 3080, not to mention in the RT perf :o

Last edited:
Associate
Exactly. I paid £330 for a Strix 6700XT a while ago and felt like I won the lottery.

It is amazing how quickly people forget and just go back to moaning and complaining, even though these cards with inflation are cheaper than the 970 and 980 respectively. People are still whining even after some of them paid over a grand for a 3080 *shrugs*.
Who cares what some idiot overpaid during a mining boom, that is not realistic pricing and cannot be compared here can it...

Last edited:
Associate
What an embarrassing release, I hope people will now see that amd are not your friends, does even comfortably out perform a 3 year old 3080, not to mention in the RT perf :o
Exactly, 6800XT was the equal to the 3080, like £650 GPU at launch. That performance 3 years later should be around £350-£380ish, AKA a 4060ti. Shows you how bad Nivida AND AMD both are, and tells you this card was NOT meant to be a 80XT class card, its in the wrong tier, HENCE it has zero performance improvements. I struggle to comprehend how so many people fail to see this, just soooo many ignorant, poorly educated, poorly informed people in this space.

Last edited:
Associate
Exactly, 6800XT was the equal to the 3080, like £650 GPU at launch. That performance 3 years later should be around £350, AKA a 4060ti. Shows you how bad Nivida AND AMD both are, and tells you this card was NOT meant to be a 80XT class card, its in the wrong tier, HENCE it has zero performance improvements. I struggle to comprehend how so many people failt to see this, just soooo many ignorant, poorly educated, poorly informed people in this space.
That is called 7900xt.
wafers and die shrinks are not cheaper nowadays to simply double stuff due to space.
apu will replace the low end, likely below $400 at some point.
for anyone with 1080p and 1440p its better than nvidia offerings.

Associate
A game being buggy, from a developer known for releasing bug ridden games is somehow amd's fault?
AMD choose which games to bundle with their GPU's, past evidence and information clearly shows that the likleyhood of a new "MASSIVE" space game from Bethesda, would be a buggy mess at launch, like most of their games are, needing months and months of mods to fix their **** that they never actually fix themselves. This is a developer KNOWN, for over promising and under delivering.

They could have made deals for countless other far better games, but nope, they picked their "AMD" sponsored game.....

Probably cost them less that's why...

It's always about the money.

Back
Top Bottom