• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Ryzen 9 3950X review thread

OcUK Staff
Hi there

So we shall launch this CPU next week (Monday at 14:00, shall appear a few minutes earlier to give you forum members a chance to grab one) but as of right now we have less than 10pc in stock at the official price point, yes were at MSRP and shall remain at that, though our un-official stock cost us more than MSRP.

OcUK has a lot of buying power and it will be my personal task to push AMD, the distributors and use every single resource I have to try and obtain more stock as quickly as possible for our customers, but the outlook does look pretty grim. But you can feel free to pre-order with us and we shall keep the price at MSRP and we will do everything we can to get your order with you as quick possible, but we want to be realistic, you could be waiting weeks, maybe months.

As such I am suggesting people grab a 3900X, which is now heavily reduced to a much fairer price or even a 3600, 3600X (3600X shall reduce in price further next Friday) or 3700X as they represent great value, alternatively if you were on the fence between AMD and Intel, the price of 9900KS is now £529.99 and 9900K shall also fall in price to around £450 for those who are considering between AMD and Intel. Also the Intel processors now ship with Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Game.

We are doing what we can, to give you guys our customers all the information ahead of time to make informative purchasing decisions, I feel for the guys who really want a 3950X, I think its fair to say most of us would love one but the simple fact is so few will get one, as there are so few numbers in the UK for launch and worldwide.

On a positive note, 3960X and 3970X Threadrippers will be in much better supply, but of course they cost a lot more, the mainboards cost more and you need quad channel memory kits which cost more, but its a professional platform with a price to match, but if you want the best were finding the 3960X even outperforms 9900KS in games when both processors are overclocked, which makes the new threadrippers not only the fastest processors on the market for professional/content work, but also the best gaming processors. Of course were talking such small percentages here that the additional cost of the hardware is not justified if your just gaming, your seriously better off grabbing a 3700X, 3900X or 9900KS in our opinion but we understand some people want the best and well 3960X and 3970X represent that.

Good luck guys! :)

P.S. Remember it will be a great help to us because some of these CPU's will be sold at a loss, that if you can try to order the rest of your basket with OcUK as well please, mainboard, memory etc. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi there

So we shall launch this CPU next week (Monday at 14:00, shall appear a few minutes earlier to give you forum members a chance to grab one) but as of right now we have less than 10pc in stock at the official price point, yes were at MSRP and shall remain at that, though our un-official stock cost us more than MSRP.

OcUK has a lot of buying power and it will be my personal task to push AMD, the distributors and use every single resource I have to try and obtain more stock as quickly as possible for our customers, but the outlook does look pretty grim. But you can feel free to pre-order with us and we shall keep the price at MSRP and we will do everything we can to get your order with you as quick possible, but we want to be realistic, you could be waiting weeks, maybe months.

As such I am suggesting people grab a 3900X, which is now heavily reduced to a much fairer price or even a 3600, 3600X (3600X shall reduce in price further next Friday) or 3700X as they represent great value, alternatively if you were on the fence between AMD and Intel, the price of 9900KS is now £529.99 and 9900K shall also fall in price to around £450 for those who are considering between AMD and Intel. Also the Intel processors now ship with Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Game.

We are doing what we can, to give you guys our customers all the information ahead of time to make informative purchasing decisions, I feel for the guys who really want a 3950X, I think its fair to say most of us would love one but the simple fact is so few will get one, as there are so few numbers in the UK for launch and worldwide.

On a positive note, 3960X and 3970X Threadrippers will be in much better supply, but of course they cost a lot more, the mainboards cost more and you need quad channel memory kits which cost more, but its a professional platform with a price to match, but if you want the best were finding the 3960X even outperforms 9900KS in games when both processors are overclocked, which makes the new threadrippers not only the fastest processors on the market for professional/content work, but also the best gaming processors. Of course were talking such small percentages here that the additional cost of the hardware is not justified if your just gaming, your seriously better off grabbing a 3700X, 3900X or 9900KS in our opinion but we understand some people want the best and well 3960X and 3970X represent that.

Good luck guys! :)

May the odds be ever in my favour! :D

Associate
Just joined to say thanks for the heads up, already brought all the parts in awaiting for these, may the odds be also in my favour. (PS my new monitor and ram is coming from you guys)

Last edited:
Associate
New Threadrippers outperform the 9900K/KS in games? The billion posters on PC forums that claim they only game and nothing else on their PCs let out a collective cry of despair.

Associate
Not according to this list, unless they haven't updated it.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-Strix-X570-F-Gaming/HelpDesk_CPU/

But reading the BIOS update its says Ryzen 2000 series APU are which i assume a 2200g is.

I'm not sure about other makes but the recent update makes it compatible for mine .Could just either be manufacturer specific thing or just that the list hasnt been updated yet like you said.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/PRESTIGE-X570-CREATION

OcUK Staff
there is no chance of it, the threadripper clock speed is too low

Well how many 3960X and 3970X have you tested?

If you had tested any then you’d know these new chips run 4.50GHz boost clock and do so all core on the Ripper’s.

Then factor in quad channel 3600MHz tight latency 1:1 divider and the new thread rippers are very good.

not to mention that games don't know what to do with 32 cores - as we last time and we'll see it again to use threadripper you'll have to disable most of the cores to get any semblance of gaming performance

Guess you missed the bit where I was referring to the 3960X which is a 24 / 48 part and nope I’m not saying these are required for games as they are too over kill but they run all core boost and hit the advertised boost clocks across all cores under load.

Back
Top Bottom