OCUK Sandy Bridge, SB-E and Ivy Bridge 5GHZ Club

Associate
1.464v

sounds like your playing with fire.

Im gonna order the 2500K here in a week or so. Ill post how fast i can get it once i get it all set up.

Im shooting for 4.7 at 1.38v

If i can get that ill be super excited and i think it could happen seeing some of thee posts in here

Also is the Maximus IV out yet i havent seen it yet i was thinking of holding out until it does. Anyone know cost yet

Last edited:
Permabanned
1.464v

sounds like your playing with fire.

Im gonna order the 2500K here in a week or so. Ill post how fast i can get it once i get it all set up.

Im shooting for 4.7 at 1.38v

If i can get that ill be super excited and i think it could happen seeing some of thee posts in here

Also is the Maximus IV out yet i havent seen it yet i was thinking of holding out until it does. Anyone know cost yet

I personally wouldn't take the risk at 1.38v. Both Intel and OCUK don't recommend it. I would go for 4.6Ghz at 1.325-1.350v.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18227651

Permabanned
its not bad at all 1.325 in bios is about 1.35 in windows so if it does 4.6 like the ocuk bundles then i would be happy.there is a chance it will go to 47 multi on the same volts though!

luck of the draw

Soldato
Count me in the club 5.1ghz

7316.jpg

Associate
***** NOT 24/7 voltages *****

Beta BIOS F7d
P67A-UD7

Benching new beta BIOS for max frequency. Some improvement able to get past my x53 wall that I had previously.

superpi6942.png

Associate
Overclocking is a risk. My first CPU failed, but not because I did any stupid overclocking. This one is being overclocked in a controlled and calculated manor. I would not dream of running these voltages for long and would not dream of returning it for an RMA if if failed and i thought it was because I pushed it too far.

I brought this chip to have fun, and to me fun is benchmarking. I know and accept the risks as do many others on the forum.

There are many levels of overclocking. Here they mainly fall into two types: like me that want to get the best benchmarks they can, those that want a safe extra bit of speed.

So chill a little and just enjoy seeing some nutter go mad LOL.

Well said. Now I wanna see 6GHz you nutter :p

Associate
OP
Well said. Now I wanna see 6GHz you nutter :p

NO! LOL

My best is now a little better see http://hwbot.org/community/submission/2110048_simonmaltby_superpi_core_i7_2600k_6sec_828ms

But that is it for me until a new bios comes out... I just can't use the 55 Multi and the board is very unstable at any BLCK adj over 100.4

I have now scaled everything back and am running nice and cool at 4.8Ghz with 1.3v Vcore... nice and prime stable for 7 hours maxing out at 70c

1st post updated with the new entries... keep them coming :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom