OcUK Southwest Meet - Get Your Names In!

Rilot said:
Gah, just had to get 2 new rear tyres for the 8. Was checking it over before setting off for Devon this evening and notcied they were down to the wear indicator.

hehe the people that met me at the swansea meet will know I didnt extend my car the same courtesy :p

I knew I shouldn't have washed it :p

Popped outside to check the tyres, and found that some pidgeon with Montezuma's Revenge has left it's trademark inbetween the rear passenger door and the frame, just above the wheelarch :eek:

Precision bombing, or what!

Alan Woodford

That's understandable.

One of the guys at work found himself in an awkward situation once. His clapped out 214 Rover broke down on the M5-M6 link, midway between 2 emergency phones.

He didn't have a mobile phone, but he was on his way to a clay shoot, with his tools for the day in the boot.

He didn't want to take them with him, but he didn't want to leave them in an unattended vehicle, either.

Fortunately, the coppers who stopped to find out what he was doing could appreciate his predicament!

Alan Woodford

My car needs a clean. I got back from France at 3am this morning to find my car covered in airport muck... I dunno if I can be bothered to do it tonight though :( Still so tempting to go by bike though - but I'd be the only one and Will Gill would be about the only person mad enough to be able to scare/keep up/overtake/kill me :p

Well, the Rover 214 SEi is mine, I'm insured and driving it. Will I be coming? No :(

I wouldn't want to risk driving 500 miles in a Rover I've had for 30 minutes.

riteo,

picking my mate up from stroud @ 9 and then im meeting jez @ cribbs causeway @ 9:30-9:45, so we should be in exeter at about 11, fox iirc has my mobile number, so if im not there,call me ! we will definately be enroute.

however, im being dragged out on the town tonite, so if im a bit dull tomorrow apologies in advance

gonna get filling up with some derv tonite also (shell r0x0r etc)

Note to self:

Set DVD Recorder for Doctor Who tomorrow night.

Well if it's a nice day, I might take a scenic route home!

(no I'm not joking, particularly :) )

Alan Woodford

Okay I'll come out with it - I want to go tommorow. I'd love to go. However, my mum won't let me because I've not had the car long.

There, I've said it! I have a Rover and my mum runs my life! :p

PMKeates said:
Okay I'll come out with it - I want to go tommorow. I'd love to go. However, my mum won't let me because I've not had the car long.

There, I've said it! I have a Rover and my mum runs my life! :p

Tell her you need to go out for a spin to get your confidence back.

OK, in your case that might not be the best thing to say :D

Good luck persuading her!

Alan Woodford

Gojira said:
Tell her you need to go out for a spin to get your confidence back.

OK, in your case that might not be the best thing to say :D

Good luck persuading her!

Alan Woodford
I considered just saying I was popping out and not telling my M+D at all, but if they ring and say I need to come home for something, I'll have a 200 mile drive to do in about 20 minutes!

Back
Top Bottom