OcUK Southwest Meet - Get Your Names In!

wijcc said:
Stupid question, but what is a Rolling Road Day?

Basically it's a centre/garage that you go on to measure your car's power at the wheels and it works out things like transmission losses, and power at the fly and the torque of your car. The floor has "rollers" which allow your car to roll whilst standing still. They basically thrash the hell out of your car and measure it's power. And a lot of people who have had mods done or are just interested in seeing what power their pride and joy puts out go to these RR days to see just that. Furthermore, it's a fun social gathering :)

FakeSnake said:
Twas close though ;)
not bad for a 2.3 ton motor

I must admit, I was in total shock at the pace you could accelerate to about 100 in that tank of yours, as we went down the sliproad onto that dual carridgeway I did my usual 'lets proove diesels rock at the sliproad gp' and I was flat out and you were gently pulling away :eek:

unfortunately I got stuck behind some IDIOT in a blue 206 who decided the overtaking lane was for sitting in whilst playing with his hair, had to push a little bit too hard to catch you up, but cheers for the warning about that speed camera, I was about to gun it past you until you started tapping your brakes at me !!

that speed camera near the start of the m5 working??

i didnt see a flash, and thought i was just about the speed limit :p but my mats wasnt to sure lol

Conanius said:
:p

I really liked your '2 btw :) didnt really get a chance to chat to you, but would have been interested to blag a ride in the tubby :eek:
Always next time, but then I said I might bring my MK1 next time. Just got back from todays MR2 meet. Took my MK2 to that as they guys hadnt see it and it would have looked off 19MK2 and a MK1.

P1010279.jpg

P1010278.jpg

Last edited:
JaMMieDoDGer said:
that speed camera near the start of the m5 working??

i didnt see a flash, and thought i was just about the speed limit :p but my mats wasnt to sure lol

The one at the bottom of Holden Hill?

Yes, it works.

L0rdmike you were getting a couple of puffs of smoke on nailing it btw, didn't look too white but you might wanna keep an eye on it - looks loads like the one i had, the alloys are very very close too

tubby.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom