[OcUK Staff Builds] rjkoneill's TJ07

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP

thats a better idea than mine with the comp fittings but the rotarys work well to direct flow in the current setup.the lian li bezels arent final yet, im still working out which would be best, blowing in or out. cant decide.
the switch of block merely came about because the last build had all black blocks throughout and i really love nickel plated... everything :D

thanks for the kind comments too

ME WANT SHINY

i knew you would like it! i have my own dremel thanks OCD!

i went through your build log earleir and realised i have pretty much the i7 equivalent of your rig [thats just good taste]

ud7 board, dom gt, shiney blocks. *starts thinking about drilling holes* :eek:

Wow, you have a desk made with gravel! :)

Looking forward to this; you do really clean and neat builds. (And sexy, if a PC can ever be called sexy! :eek:)

thanks, admittedly it was our garden path, the bloke nexdoor was giving me some right funny looks. [which i will remember next time his pc needs fixing]

How much did the EK CPU Block set you back?

its here on the OcUK site :)

UD7 though, bit of a soft option ain't it Rich? I would have hoped you and Nath would be having a hardware battle by now....

Ud7 is top end, its not the soft option at all! :D i have clocked consistantly higher than any rampage III on it too, plus i fancied a change. i had it before Nath got his UD9
and Nath only got the 9 because i already had the 7

in fairness the only real thing the 9 offers over the 7 is nf200...

which i dont need/want and it doesnt fit in my case. they clock exactly the same too.

Associate
i went through your build log earleir and realised i have pretty much the i7 equivalent of your rig [thats just good taste]

ud7 board, dom gt, shiney blocks. *starts thinking about drilling holes* :eek:

I'm dead jealous pal, despite a similar rest of the rig I would have sold my soul for full cover blocks on the 890FX-UD7

oh well, there's always next time.. ... ... Hmmmmmm

I need your advicez on my current dilemma too if you can pop into my thread at some time .. I dunno, can you overtighten EK waterblocks onto the GPU ?

and there's ALWAYS room for a spare Dremel ... what happens if you need to cut TWO holes at the same time ? eh !! .. stuffed then arent ya!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
you can overtighten blocks. just make sure the block is making good contact.
be careful you dont damage the gpu as they can crack on ATI cards [they dont have a big ihs like nvidia cards]

i usually do a test fit and then fit again so i can ensure that the block is making good contact with the gpu and other heat producing components from the graphics card.

if i need to cut two holes at the same time i will certainly give you a shout as i would imagine you would be the best person to ask :D

Associate
Just creamed a little bit, loving the white/black scheme man.

Did you change the fluid to blue? I'm assuming you'd have clear tubing then? Either way it'll look sweet.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
thanks guys

plan is to do a few alterations

clear tygon tubing to replace the white

it seems that every watercooled build i look at these days is full of white tubing.

i remember when i started this build, i looked for WEEKS trying to find white tube.
and i never saw any system with white tubing.

now it is more common than clear

so its time to move on.

clear tygon is expensive and therefore, awesome.

i will be using some really nice blue fluid, should set the build off well.
also looking for some nice fans at the moment. i have seen some pretty ones i want but that will have to wait.
a fan bill of £60 is not what my bank balance needs at the moment.

Soldato
thanks guys

plan is to do a few alterations

clear tygon tubing to replace the white

it seems that every watercooled build i look at these days is full of white tubing.

i remember when i started this build, i looked for WEEKS trying to find white tube.
and i never saw any system with white tubing.

now it is more common than clear

so its time to move on.

clear tygon is expensive and therefore, awesome.

i will be using some really nice blue fluid, should set the build off well.
also looking for some nice fans at the moment. i have seen some pretty ones i want but that will have to wait.
a fan bill of £60 is not what my bank balance needs at the moment.

I thought coloured fluids had a tendency to stain the blocks? Or does it depend on which fluid you use?

Care to tell us which fans you have found? :p Also meant to ask, I'm assuming that a G3/8 to G1/4 reducer in your Thermochill rad to allow the G1/4 fitting to screw in?

I can't help but keep looking in envy at those gorgeous blocks! the UD7 looks especially good with the nickel! It's just a shame that the UD5 block is copper :( The GTX 480 looks sweet too in nickel, I think you have tempted me to revise my plans to nickel instead of black also :p I don't want to be a copy, but it looks so damn good :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Component List

Case
Silverstone TJ07B-W
4X Gelid Silent 120mm Fans
2X Gelid Silent 92mm Fans

System
Intel Core I7 Gulftown Processor
Asus Rampage II Extreme Motherboard
OCZ BLADE 2000MHz Memory
2X XFX XXX 1GHz ATI RADEON HD 4890 Graphics Cards - Removed
Powercolor ATI Radeon HD 5870 LCS - Removed
XFX ATI Radeon HD 5870 - Removed
Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 480
Intel X25-M Mainstream 160GB Solid State Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Fatal1ty Professional Series 7.1 Sound Card - Removed
Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 PCI-Express Sound Card
Corsair HX 850W Power Supply

Watercooling

EK Supreme CPU Block
EK ASUS X58 Mosfet Kit
Koolance MBASR2E-V2 NB/SB Block
EK FC-480 Nickel Acetal Waterblock - Removed
EK FC-480 Nickel Plexi Waterblock
EK FC-480 Black Backplate - Removed
EK FC-480 Nickel Backplate
2X EK FC4890 CF - Nickel-Plated GPU Blocks - Removed
2X Laing DDC-1Plus MCP355 12V Pumps - Removed
2X EK-DDC X-TOP V2 - G1/4 White Acetal Pump Tops - Removed
Swiftech Laing D5 Vario MCP655 12V DC Pump
Bitspower D5 Matt Black Mod Kit
Bitspower D5 V2 Pump Top
EK Multioption Reservoir 250 rev.1 - Removed
EK Multioption Reservoir 250 rev.2
ThermoChill PA120.4 Quad - 480 (15mm)
Thermochill PA120.2 Dual - 240 (15mm)
4X Meters XSPC 7/16" ID - 5/8" OD White Hose
2x Litre Nanoxia Hyperzero Coolant Clear - Removed
2X Litre FluidXP Nano Fluid - White

Bitspower
20X Bitspower Black Sparkle G1/4" High Flow 7/16" ID 5/8" OD Compression Fittings
4X Bitspower Black Sparkle 45 degree Rotary G 1/4 adapter
1X Bitspower Black Sparkle G1/4 - 90 Degree Rotary Adapter
2X Bitspower Black Sparkle G 1/4 - 90 Degree Dual Rotary Adapter
6X Bitspower Black Sparkle G1/4" Stop Fitting
1X Bitspower Black Sparkle D-Plug Set NORMAL

Mods
240mm Radiator Stand
480mm Quad Radiator Stand
30X Meter 4mm Black Cable Braid
2.5X Meter Black 2:1 Heatshrink
Sunbeam Multi Fan Power Port
Tinted Side panel Window
Tinted Roof panel Window
MurderMod Luminous Panel - maybe one day - if they ever send it to me

May i ask, why did you remove the X-Fi and replace it with the Xonar?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
the xfi was the worst £100 i have ever spent

the driver support was shambolic.

the xonar has been a dream. brilliant drivers, intuitive interface, uncomplicated software, neat features, better sound quality.

hard to argue really.

Associate
the xfi was the worst £100 i have ever spent

the driver support was shambolic.

the xonar has been a dream. brilliant drivers, intuitive interface, uncomplicated software, neat features, better sound quality.

hard to argue really.

I had both an xfi and a xonar cards and have to agree with you that the xonar was better bar the pita having to use a floppy power connector on it.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
I had both an xfi and a xonar cards and have to agree with you that the xonar was better bar the pita having to use a floppy power connector on it.

agreed ;)

the 20 inconvenient minutes it took me to splice a modular molex cable to a floppy connector and braid it up pales into insignificance when you look at the time i wasted trying to get the xfi working.

for everyones reference heres a link to the thread i made entitled "Massive Sack of XFi Fail"

Soldato
agreed ;)

the 20 inconvenient minutes it took me to splice a modular molex cable to a floppy connector and braid it up pales into insignificance when you look at the time i wasted trying to get the xfi working.

for everyones reference heres a link to the thread i made entitled "Massive Sack of XFi Fail"

Thing is Rich I don't know why they keep the stupid idiot on and sponsor him

He was only ever good at Quake3 and sucked at everything else.

Back
Top Bottom