OCUK Steam VR Group Chat

Soldato
I hate poker :(

Cancel that, won't make it online this evening after all. Will be around all day tomorrow.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nice one, Wez :)

Tbh, out of 24 members, it's only me, Melmac and Ravenger that ever seem to post in there and get together every now and then.
Come on guys, don't be shy :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Working 7 days a week at the minute, VR in the middle consists of flop in to bed with a film. Hopefully it'll kick up again over Christmas with some free time.

Associate
I must admit I've lost my VR mojo at the moment. I recently built a new desk and transferred my PC in to a new case and I just could not be bothered to set-up the Rift again as I couldn't face all the cable mess etc.
Not a great excuse I know but I cannot get motivated right now.

Asa

Asa

Associate
I'll join some stuff. I just don't have War Dust, and I'm still going through tweaking my experience with the Odyssey+ (currently swapping through various USB extensions at the mo to find one that's juuuuuust right without introducing audio or tracking problems).

Asa

Asa

Associate
I'm no trekky, but I hear Bridge Crew is more fun than it looks. I'll get it downloaded :)

I have Pavlov too, but not tried it yet. Doesn't look like it offers much in the way of comfort options? I might collapse pretty quickly without the FOV vignetting... Happy to try though!

Soldato
There's a bunch of these now. Contractors the latest, Virtual Army looks good on the horizon, and there's Zero calibre out there.

What is the deal with 5v5 limits? ill argue the point, non of these will be hugely successful until there's 10 or 16 a side. There's definite willing, the latest release always see's a initial huge spike, people want one of these games to succeed. Pavlov seems to get a free pass because of it being the first, the workshop, and the viral noise surrounding it. Even Pavlov loses it's appeal though, more players would make people more than just fodder for the one player that dominates and ends most rounds in 60 seconds.

Ranting... but frustrating as id like to jump in on these games, but don't knowing there only going to fade in to obscurity after a month or two.

Soldato
OP
I guess the 5v5 thing is so they don't have to worry too much about filling large lobbies and perhaps also wanting to emulate the league/esports success of Onward.
Zero Caliber is still just SP/co-op against AI.

Why do you think Contractors will fade quickly?

Personally, I want an established dev to make a polished Battlefield VR - basically a better version of the very fun, but flawed War Dust (New map out next week btw).

Back
Top Bottom