**OcUK ULTIMA 7" IPS & 10" IPS SUPER-FAST TABLETS - SPECIAL PRE-ORDER PRICING!!**

Associate
Your two best options would be:-

1. Change to OcUK Nebula 9" as it offers very similar performance, slightly bigger but is a TN screen, same price.
2. Change to the Scroll Evoke, same size, same IPS screen, but is dual core, Bluetooth, a faster 7" with more features. We could offer this for £105 Inc. vAT for people who want to upgrade to this.

If you want to do this post in the CS forum with your order number and the guys will action your request and get the order shipped for you. :)

£105 thats good and will you also give the free 16gb micro sd like with my first order if so i will be happy to change and pay the extra... is that £105 with delivery and would i get them before xmas

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
£105 thats good and will you also give the free 16gb micro sd like with my first order if so i will be happy to change and pay the extra... is that £105 with delivery and would i get them before xmas

Can't give the 16gb with those at £105 as at £105 we loose money sorry. Yes you'd get them Monday or we can put on Saturday delivery for you at no extra charge. :)

Soldato
I can only but recommend the evoke, ive only been playing with it for an hour or so this morning but its very nippy indeed, the screen is excellent which was my main requirement. One thing tho ive noticed is the app icons on the home screen are very close to the top and the one in the top left means im hitting the google search button, any ideas?

Oh and its got a 64gb microsd running fine in it :)

Associate
Can't give the 16gb with those at £105 as at £105 we loose money sorry. Yes you'd get them Monday or we can put on Saturday delivery for you at no extra charge. :)

Now thats what I call service :) nice one Gibbo ;)

I've pointed my brother-in-law in the direction of these tablets as he is looking to get one for my sister.

Associate
Got my scroll Evoke 7" this morning, thanks for the speedy delivery, all seemed fine but on closer inspection the screen seems to have an issue of thin multi coloured lines across it, more noticeable on white background and they seem to change colour - only fine lines but very annoying.

Anyone else having this issue?

The 10 inch SumVision Cyclone Voyager I got the other day is great, wish I got 2 of those but their 50 quid more expensive here now, may have to return evoke and cancel order as voyager still available for 149 on other sites.

If anyone has a fix for my screen issue would be appreciated but think its a hardware problem...:(

*EDIT*
Hmm just had another play and seems OK now, will monitor and let you know. Excellent tablet if this issue is suppressed. very nippy

Last edited:
Soldato
I have an evoke and I noticed the same thing, but it appears to have gone? One thing I have noticed is the icons for apps on home screen are at the very top and also at the very bottom which means for example if i try and click the top left icon i hit google search instead?

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

I am getting the impression tablets seem to like running in time, like cars. Seems at first power on some people report issues or strange happenings. Yet after a reset or couple of hours use they are fine.

I am gonna buy myself one on Monday, just trying to hold out for the OcUK ones to arrive to see how they compare. :)

Associate
yeah mine is still going strong now no more lines maybe just because the panel was new ? I get same issue with icons but I think its because they allow landscape home screen, need to keep those icons away from edges or I may use a launcher and bypass the homescreen.

will let you know if that works, not a big issue really pleased with the tablet if others are waiting it has a thumbs up from me.

Soldato
yeah mine is still going strong now no more lines maybe just because the panel was new ? I get same issue with icons but I think its because they allow landscape home screen, need to keep those icons away from edges or I may use a launcher and bypass the homescreen.

will let you know if that works, not a big issue really pleased with the tablet if others are waiting it has a thumbs up from me.

I've had a few tablets now and havent had the same problem with the icons before either in lanscape or portrait, i've emailed SO about this and have already had a reply saying its unknown from them but will certainly look into it, so a response in a couple of hours by support is pretty good :)

Associate
Hi there

I am getting the impression tablets seem to like running in time, like cars. Seems at first power on some people report issues or strange happenings. Yet after a reset or couple of hours use they are fine.

I am gonna buy myself one on Monday, just trying to hold out for the OcUK ones to arrive to see how they compare. :)

You know, you may be right our 10.1" Sumvision has been fine today, no issues with the right side of the screen.

The kids have been playing with it all afternoon and they think its great.

Soldato
If orders are placed today, can they be dispatched today?

Ive got a 7" nebula that thinks it is being touched all along the bottom of the screen (in setting you can make it highlight touches in developer tools)

it has been restarted about 20 times, it isnt getting better.

whats the fastest way to get a replacment?

if i order a 10" ocuk tablet, is there any way to tell if it will have the same issue?

Associate
I also had a fault with the RH side of the Sumvision 10.1 screen and returned it. I think it is affecting everybody's so I dont think its hardware fault , more likely firmware, because a reboot fixes it for a while. Sumvision have already issued a firmware upgrade for the 7" so I guess they must be working on one for the bigger tablet.

Last edited:
Soldato
If orders are placed today, can they be dispatched today?

Ive got a 7" nebula that thinks it is being touched all along the bottom of the screen (in setting you can make it highlight touches in developer tools)

it has been restarted about 20 times, it isnt getting better.

whats the fastest way to get a replacment?

if i order a 10" ocuk tablet, is there any way to tell if it will have the same issue?

you need to post in customer service to get a quicker answer

Back
Top Bottom