*** OcUK VR Sim Racing Thread ***

***** CONGRATULATIONS *****
******* RACE WINNER *******
********* OllieH82 *********

OllieH82 won round 1 of the OcUK VR Sim Racing 2024 Championship at Brands Hatch

Full Race Results

OllieH82 - 25
R1gg4 - 18
mrcookie73 - 15
DangerousDan - 12
Kevman - 10
glenimp617 - 8
Nutsnut - 6
RevBillyG - 4
$hi - 2
Bacon_Sandwich - [DNF] +1 Fastest Lap

Huge thanks to all those who participated in tonights event!

Last edited:
Well I had an eventful race (surprise, surprise!). Spun on lap 1 at turn three, then did the exact same thing again on lap 3. Managed to race back into position 3, and was hunting down 2nd before running out of fuel on lap 11. Had to pit, came out and finished 6th lol

Last edited:
Good race guys - was i third at one point but hit the dreaded sand.

Does racenet keep a tally of the season results?

Last edited:
Was in first place for all of two corners then ran wide.

Got tangled once with Rigga (I'm blaming him), then i accidentally minimised my game on my PC which meant I had no control for 20 seconds, I must move push to talk off of my mouse button.

Well done everyone, very enjoyable.

Not sure who I collided with on lap 1 at turn 4.

Does anyone one fancy bringing the race forward a week? I can't do 29th. If it's not possible for everyone then not to worry I'll just have to miss race 2.
Makes no difference to me so I’m happy for the date to move forward a week

Hello everyone,

Now that the first race is out of the way, here's a few initial thoughts....

Firstly, the server worked, everyone got connected and was able to race [tick]
People showed up! [tick]
Discord chat seemed ok [tick]
Just-Race recorded all the results and timings [tick]
The combination of driver aids, damage, fuel and choice of car made for an interesting and entertaining race [tick]
12 laps seemed ideal, not too short, not too long. Enough time to recover from a mistake [tick]
Drivers were able to have their own individual battles, the results were unexpected and nobody seemed out on their own for very long [tick]

Improvements and changes....

Having only one race per month comes with a few downsides. Not everyone is able to make the race due to other commitments, nor does it reward those who put in hours of practice only to then have one bad race!
Not everyone likes the car, it's not best suited to wet races, and could get boring.

I propose to hold official races every Thursday. This rewards those who not only race well, but regularly participates as this is nothing without the drivers.
The car will be changed throughtout the season, not too many times so to give everyone a chance to learn its characteristics.

See post 1 for details.

Back
Top Bottom