danswan (Bacon_Sandwich)
Mike_J_Smith (smith_mikej)
Greboth (Greboth)

Game for 2024

Automobilista 2

Cars

FTRS - Formula Trainer
FTRS - Formula Trainer Advanced
GT3 - [BMW M6 GT3 / McLaren 720s / Mercedes-AMG GT3 / Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 / Porsche 911 GT3 R]
Formula USA Gen. 3 [DLC: Racin USA Pack Pt2]

*** RACE SERVER OPENS 19:15 ON RACE DAY ***

In-Game Race Time - 13:00
In-Game Race Date - Realistic
45 minute practice session prior to race

Laps - Track Dependant (see calendar)
Drivers Aids - Authentic
Damage - Off
Tyre Wear - On
Fuel - Authentic
Rules - On

2024 Season Calendar

Great Britain

Jan 25th - [Race Start - 20:15] - Brands Hatch [GP] - [Formula Trainer] [Dry] [12 Laps] *** WINNER OllieH82 ***
Feb 22nd - [Race Start - 20:00] - Cadwell Park - [Formula Trainer] [Dry] [12 Laps] *** WINNER Greboth ***
Mar 28th - [Race Start - 20:00] - Donington Park [National] - [Formula Trainer Advanced] [Dry] [16 Laps] *** WINNER Greboth ***
Apr 25th - [Race Start - 20:00] - Oulton Park [International] - [Formula Trainer Advanced] [Cloudy] [12 Laps] *** WINNER Greboth ***
May 30th - [Race Start - 20:00] - Snetterton [300] - [GT3] [Cloudy] [12 Laps] *** WINNER Greboth ***
Jul 3rd - [Race Start - 20:00] - Silverstone [DLC: Silverstone Pack] - [GT3] [Wet] [12 Laps] *** WINNER glenimp617 ***

Europe

Jul 25th - [Race Start - 20:00] - Imola (Italy) - [GT3] [Cloudy]
Aug 29th - [Race Start - 20:00] - Spielberg (Austria) - [GT3] [Wet]

America

Sept 26th - [Race Start - 20:00] - Virginia International Raceway (Virginia) - [Formula USA Gen.3] [Dry]
Oct 31st - [Race Start - 20:00] - Long Beach (California) - [Formula USA Gen.3] [Dry]
Nov 28th - [Race Start - 20:00] - Laguna Seca (California) [DLC: Racin USA Pack Pt1] - [Formula USA Gen.3] [Dry]

Dec - Christmas Special - Double Points

Race Results

1. Brands Hatch - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ocuk-vr-sim-racing-thread.18981170/post-36921739
2. Cadwell Park - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ocuk-vr-sim-racing-thread.18981170/post-36978848
3. Donington Park - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ocuk-vr-sim-racing-thread.18981170/post-37049295
4. Oulton Park - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ocuk-vr-sim-racing-thread.18981170/post-37100019
5. Snetterton - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ocuk-vr-sim-racing-thread.18981170/post-37164080
6. Silverstone - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ocuk-vr-sim-racing-thread.18981170/post-37231183

Driver Standings

1. Greboth - 107
2. glenimp617 - 104
3. mrcookie73 - 72
4. R1gg4 - 72
5. RevBillyG - 63
6. DangerousDan - 62
7. OllieH82 - 43
8. $hi - 36
9. Kevman - 28
10. Nutsnut - 6
11. Bacon_Sandwich - 2
12. smith_mikej - 2

Video Replays (Winners Video)

Each winner has a dedicated video replay

Hightlights

Highlight reels of each race courtesy of @SimonRigga

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Can someone share their ACC VR settings for good visuals? The game just looks like blurry mush in VR , floating cars etc. I must be doing something wrong with the amount of people who play it?

It's not as optimized for VR as some of the others. iRacing is great, but I think AMS2 and its madness engine is probably top. Assetto Corsa 2 is due out next year, have high hopes for that :D

Soldato
OP
Fired up AMS2 for the first time last night for a couple of laps. VR performance is excellent.
I am getting a lot of dropouts to my headset though. I'm hoping it's because my router is currently hidden behind my screen. I'll move it and see if it improves.

To really make it shine you need to change two settings in the ini file. It makes everything much sharper.
Will find the details and post later this evening.

Soldato
OP
Just seen the update to the first post and now feel really sorry for @iseedeadpixels :cry:

I'm terrible :cry:

I've been testing various cars to try and pick a good all-rounder, with the aim for fun rather than more serious racing. Let's start with the basics and move upwards :D

The formula junior (not the advanced one!) is a right laugh. It's probably the closest to the skippy from iracing and should bring the field closer together.

Hopefully sometime soon we can try out a practice session. I've not played AMS2 for a while, so need to get setup and remember my way around everything.

Soldato
OP
I'm assuming one evening weekdays would suit most people? Say around 8pm when most have got in from work, had dinner etc etc?

Last Thursday of the month at 8pm for the Race. I can also look at setting up practice sessions throughout the month as a general get together.

We don't want to over complicate things with quali sessions etc etc so maybe a random grid, which mixes it up nicely. The last thing we want it some max verstappen in the group to race off into the distance everytime lol

Soldato
OP
I would love to give something like this a go. But I am really, really bad at car racing games. I don't have any of the games mentioned, I don't have a wheel or a controller. Can't remember the last car game I played, GTA V I think. As part of the hangout crew we tried the Kart racing in Rec Room, it was terrible.

Which game are you most likely to go with?

The Thursday night is great as it's the only night of the week that suits me. Unless Saturday or Sunday at the weekend.

mate I'm terrible lol

AMS2 is great in VR and around £5 from cdkeys. You'll at least need a wheel and pedals though.

I'll post up a video tomorrow so you can have a look.

Soldato
OP
I'm guessing we'll have to be on discord to swear at talk to each other as it looks like various headset in use?

Yeah, I was looking at that last night. That's a bit crap. I made a discord last week just in case though.
It's a shame it's not built into the game.

Should have some time a bit later today to set up a practice session. Just drop in if you fancy it.

Keep an eye on post 1, I post any updates and links to that.

Soldato
OP
I'm thick. I tried to get on. Looked in Ams2 multiplayer. Couldn't find it. Had a google. Looked in Steam/view/servers. Couldn't find Ams2 in the list.
Can anyone give me an idiots guide on how to join please?
And, is it only available when iseedeadpixels is online or is it a timed/open-all-hours window so we can have a practice any time?

Forgive my ignorance.

I've come out now mate, give me a min and I'll go back in

Soldato
OP
trying now. bear with me. i'm a luddite sometimes.

Nope. I need an idiots guide. I don't know how to find the server. :)

It's in the online part of ams2. If you click online you should then be able to filter for the name.

If you tell me your name in the game I'll add you as a friend and send an invite.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom