*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Is it normal to have a small gap along the bottom of the headset between the headset and my face, if looking straight down I can just about see my hands which very minorly detracts from the otherwise incredibly immersive experience I am loving as a VR n00b.

I'm using the regular Quest 2 strap and fitted the rubberised gasket-thing as prefer it to the foam (have a weird nails on a chalkboard type thing with sponges and foam!), but havne't tried the foam.

Soldato
Is it the Elite Strap with the battery? If not and it's just the ordinary Elite Strap without the battery than my suggestion would be put something on the back of the strap as a counterweight. Anything you have, even a phone. It's just to see if that is more comfortable for you. If it is, then you can do something more permanent. Like putting a battery pack there to extend your play time. I think there are attachments that you buy or print out using a 3D printer for the Elite Strap.
Yeah the one without the battery pack. I'll give that a go as it is very front heavy alright. I have the stock faceplate as well which isn't very comfy

Associate
Thanks guys, yes it’s the nose gap and glad it’s not something wrong with my face!
Haha no there is nothing wrong with your face....at least as far as we can tell! I will say I have a pretty big nose and with the regular facial interface the headset shifted on my face just enough to regularly hit my nose as I turned my head. This was especially apparent in games like Pistol Whip with quick movements!
Getting the vr cover foam interface helped immensely with that

Soldato
Thanks guys, yes it’s the nose gap and glad it’s not something wrong with my face!

As a very general rule of thumb, folks with something wrong with their faces seem to have a lifestyle that allows them to have time for VR.
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif

Associate
Finally picked up a 128gb version yesterday after owning a rift a few years back. Tbh I’m feeling a bit underwhelmed with it.

I’ve bought RE4, The Walking Dead and Blade and Sorcery: Nomad. I’ve requested a refund on the latter two as both gave me motion sickness after a couple of minutes, and blade and sorcery was dropping frames etc. RE4 is ok because I can teleport. I don’t seem to feel sick with that but the cut scenes are a little annoying coming out of VR.

Maybe I was expecting too much from a mobile chip? The gfx are ok to a certain point.

I’m going to give it another play tomorrow but probably going to return it and wait a few years before trying again.

Soldato
Don't forget it takes time to get your vr legs..... I would say hold onto the quest as long as you can before refunding. Use it each day a little but don't over do it and see if you get over your sickness.
You make a valid point Tho. There is only so much you can do with the potato in the Q2

Soldato
Don't forget it takes time to get your vr legs..... I would say hold onto the quest as long as you can before refunding. Use it each day a little but don't over do it and see if you get over your sickness.
You make a valid point Tho. There is only so much you can do with the potato in the Q2

Good advice, and future games should start getting better as the new spacewarp technique will allow games to get 70% more compute power, while interpolating up to 120hz

Soldato
And in the end, it is just a mobile chip...

A 3090 can struggle in some VR titles, even outside of bad optimization. It's 2x4k screens, running at least 72fps, ideally 90+, it takes a lot of power.

Soldato
I'm just blown away that the Quest 2 can natively run a full version of RE4 with decent resolution textures and shaders and never seems to drop frames. It looks so sharp too compared to the blur of most Quest games. It really makes 90% of the other games on the system look like they're several hardware generations behind.

Associate
And in the end, it is just a mobile chip...

A 3090 can struggle in some VR titles, even outside of bad optimization. It's 2x4k screens, running at least 72fps, ideally 90+, it takes a lot of power.

When you put it like that I suppose I was being very unfair on it lol.

I think I would have loved the walking dead if it didn’t make me feel so sick. I’ll keep it another few days and try and build up my VR legs.

Associate
I'm just blown away that the Quest 2 can natively run a full version of RE4 with decent resolution textures and shaders and never seems to drop frames. It looks so sharp too compared to the blur of most Quest games. It really makes 90% of the other games on the system look like they're several hardware generations behind.

I’ve really enjoyed RE4 apart from jumping out of windows and going up and down ladders changing to cut scenes.

It’s also the first time I’ve ever played RE4 so it’s all new to me.

Soldato
When you put it like that I suppose I was being very unfair on it lol.

I think I would have loved the walking dead if it didn’t make me feel so sick. I’ll keep it another few days and try and build up my VR legs.

There's a few basic tricks you can try for VR. A fan blowing on you is one. Don't try and push through feel nauseous, it'll only make it worse for the future. Cool environment/fresh air. Physically turn, rather than using turns on a joystick (big advantage of quest 2 is no wires). Move your legs up and down when moving, to simulate the experience a bit more. I'm sure there's others as well.

Soldato
I’ve really enjoyed RE4 apart from jumping out of windows and going up and down ladders changing to cut scenes.

It’s also the first time I’ve ever played RE4 so it’s all new to me.

You can turn off a lot of those cinematic events in the settings, though not all of them.

Back
Top Bottom