Oculus Rift

Man of Honour
Associate
Not charged yet. Ordered within the first ten mins, now I'm told mid-to-late May! :( so bummed but I guess it's a birthday present to myself now instead...

Found this on UploadVR though:
Oculus said:
If we have either already tried to pull the funds and were unsuccessful, or we authorized the full amount on your payment instrument and you are in processing, IGNORE YOUR SHIPPING ESTIMATE ON YOUR ORDER HISTORY

Last edited:
Associate
Got mine today, never tried any VR and my mind is blown apart, the demo of the dinosaur was amazing and projects cars is just unreal, OK so the resolution isn't amazing and you need to find the sweet spot with the rift on your head but my god, anyone who hasn't tried it will be blown away.

Soldato
Just cancelled my pre-order. Wasn't getting it until the end of June. TBH after spending nearly £2000 on a new triple monitor sim rig, I don't think I can justify it.

Will wait and get the next version.

Soldato
I have no tracking number or anything. Just got my Eve key through too.
It's all very strange.

if you got your eve key and they've charged you then they've shipped, you should get it within 2 days

I signed up to UPS MyChoice about a week before hand and logging in to that I could see a package coming to me from the Netherlands - it left there on the Wednesday night, got to Barking on the Thursday, Abingdon by the end of the day and then out for delivery on Friday and got to me about 4:30 that afternoon

the Oculus site only updated on the Friday morning, but I got billed and my EVE key on the day it left the Netherlands

I didn't actually get any emails from Oculus or UPS until after the Rift was in my hands

Back
Top Bottom