Oculus Rift

Soldato
So far the general experience, roborecall and I've had a freebie off the store 'ripcoil'. Got dead and buried ready too. Frustratingly trying to do some interview prep which is taking up precious oculus time lol

haha, real life always getting in the way!!

I have never actually played anyone in Ripcoil, but, I really enjoy the experience of moving from side to side on that hoverboard. It feels so real.

Associate
Games to check out:

Superhot (matrix)
Dead & Buried (Multiplayer pvp shooter)
Chronos (Zelda meets Darksouls, although not as good as either it is VR and still a good game)
Robo Recall (Arcade shooter, multipliers hi score etc)
Arizona Sunshine (Traditional zombie shooter, free motion or teleport movement. Single player story, multiplayer horde)
Google Earth VR (Although not a game it has to be on the list, one to show to non gamers too)
Medium (Same as above, VR modelling program. Very calming)
Edge of Nowehere (Creepy adventure Tomb Raider style. Short, but great VR whilst it lasts)
Space Pirate trainer (Arcade shooter fps in the old school space invaders style. Simple. Stand in one place and kill the waves, chase the hi scores. I use this as an introduction to shooters as it is easy for first timers to get to grips with).
Eleven Table Tennis (Play table tennis vs comp or other people. Very realistic and a surprise gem for me)
Lucky's tale (Free cute 3d platformer. Really works well although it is short)
Technolust (first person cyberpunk future world adventure. Very simple game, but transports you to a Blade Runner style world)

Games that i haven't played but will be picking up soon are Wilsons Heart and Star trek that is coming next week.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers for doing that.i can't often do a lot of speaking during online games as the kiddo is normally sleeping by the time I get to play.

However if anyone wants to add me : welshdragon01

Associate
First some what warm day, I use touch. Now i am one big sweat patch. I fear for the future of my rift, like a water bottle has exploded into it. Need air con, any recommendations?

Associate
First some what warm day, I use touch. Now i am one big sweat patch. I fear for the future of my rift, like a water bottle has exploded into it. Need air con, any recommendations?

Haha. I'm sweating just using my desktop (26deg room temp). Too scared to use my rift so ordered a desk tower fan this morning. My floorstand gets in the way of valuable rift space.lol

Soldato
I can't remember what my oculus ID is, but feel free to add me on steam (same as on here, but with our aak tag in front if there's more than one)

E: turns out it's just Devrij

Last edited:
Soldato
I am using 16GB of Ram, but, don't think it makes any difference to VR.

There isn't a huge benefit from going to the 1080ti either. I certainly wouldn't make the jump from a 1080 to a 1080ti for VR.

Back
Top Bottom