Oculus Rift

Soldato
Just had a strange issue, started rift, one of the touch controllers kept vibrating, swapped batteries over, then the other one was vibrating, swapped back and stopped using the rift, battery is still showing full charge, left the controller for 5 mins, picked it up and it was red hot, got battery out and it was red hot, think it's a duff battery worried it's damaged controller :(

Soldato
I've uninstalled a few items from my Oculus library (eg: demos), but they still appear there (as not installed). I just want them gone full stop?!? Anyway to achieve this?

Soldato
Just noticed that the Aircar demo has been made public on the Oculus store. This one has been about for a while, but only if you'd managed to get a key from the developer. While there's not much to do apart from fly around, it's a really nice looking tech demo and a good one to use when demoing your Rift. It will also make you want a Blade Runner game, or possibly a remake of G-Police..
Now that made me feel very ill at times... Wow!

Soldato
I must be building up resistance, I was a little nauseous in Aircar but nothing too bad. Was able to drive around for ages. Even went out to one of the far away cities. Boring out there :)

Soldato
I felt the same at first, but it was fine after a few minutes and ended up staying in there for around 20 mins doing hard banking moves and a couple of barrel rolls.
Just tried Alien Isolation (Crew Expendable), and it's amazing to be walking around the Nostromo. I started getting a slight headache/nausea after ten minutes though...

Soldato
Just tried Alien Isolation (Crew Expendable), and it's amazing to be walking around the Nostromo. I started getting a slight headache/nausea after ten minutes though...
Do you walk (WASD) or teleport to move?

Seems traditional movement (using keys to walk/run) is rare in VR games? And I'm still trying to fully understand why...

Soldato
Do you walk (WASD) or teleport to move?

Seems traditional movement (using keys to walk/run) is rare in VR games? And I'm still trying to fully understand why...
No teleport just wsad or joypad to move. The problem with traditional movement is that it can make people motion sick, how bad depends on the person and the game, for instance I don't get motion sick any more until I tried alien isolation had to stop after an hour.

Soldato
I was getting sick from any nonteleport movement in VR in the beginning, but, 3 weeks on, I can spend hours upon hours in any VR games now. Tried Aircar, then spent 2 hours in Assetto Corsa for example and didn't feel even a hint of nausea. I like how my eyes are less strained after VR gaming as well, probably due to it relaxing eye focus muscles.

Soldato
Just a quick note on the VR cover situation: I just noticed that there's a 'Next shipping date' notice on the product page.
The current one is 19th August.
Not sure what the date was or if it was there when I ordered, but if you plan on getting one, perhaps best to do it now if you want it ASAP.

Soldato
Sounds like an ideal solution for the lucky ones with decent sized play areas. Mine is small enough that cable length isn't an issue! I do like the idea of having 360 degree movement without cable snags.

Pics!

Back
Top Bottom