Oculus Rift

Associate
I'll be dropping in and out of the community goal at Kaal this weekend, so if anyone wants to join me for some RES bounty hunting, add me as Fluke ingame (and let me know here - I've had a couple of requests ingame from people I don't recognise, so no idea if they're from here or not).

BTW, if anyone has beta access, I highly recommend installing the 2.4 beta and checking out the community goal on there. You have to recover materials from a thargoid crash site, and the scale of the thing in VR is absolutely amazing. Honestly, it looks like something from an Alien movie. I've already done it, but might go back for another look, so can team up if anyone wants to do that.

Soldato
Recently got the RIFT and i have been playing assetto corsa and it has really helped bring my lap times down:D

The immersion it gives is great and it really puts you in the driving seat.

Soldato
Just a quick note on the VR cover situation: I just noticed that there's a 'Next shipping date' notice on the product page.
The current one is 19th August.
Not sure what the date was or if it was there when I ordered, but if you plan on getting one, perhaps best to do it now if you want it ASAP.
Have yours shipped yet? Mine still say processing ordered on the 9th.

Soldato
Just installed elite dangerous on oculus home and compared to the steam version it runs a hell of a lot better, had it running on high with 2.0 hmd and 1.0ss no aa and it's smooth as butter even in stations and Res.
That's interesting. I'm assuming your settings are the same for both versions?

Soldato
Waiting for a rift to arrive so I expect to be badgering for help along the way. I have got it mainly for elite dangerous but I fear my gtx980 may need to be traded In soon. Never tried any vr whatsoever so I'm quite excited!

Associate
Waiting for a rift to arrive so I expect to be badgering for help along the way. I have got it mainly for elite dangerous but I fear my gtx980 may need to be traded In soon. Never tried any vr whatsoever so I'm quite excited!
mine turned up yesterday... have only tried google cardboard before, which doesn't really compare at all, so didn't really know what to expect, but it's v v cool, and weird, and messes with your mind (especially if you hit against things in real world that don't exist in vr world, and vice versa).

Had some issues with buzzing sound through the headset until i changed usb port and now seems all ok.

Didn't get much time to play with it, so only did the Oculus touch demo (First contact?) and promptly downloaded a load of other things to try later. And then felt quite bleugh for a while...

Being a glasses wearer, i was expecting some "fun" and it's quite a pain in the backside, so I've ordered some lenses to see how they help and will try contact lenses until the lenses arrive (i think the glasses being pushed into my eyeballs was part of feeling nauseous). I fear this is getting more and more expensive as I'll soon be wanting a 3rd sensor...

Back
Top Bottom