Oculus Rift

Soldato
Hope you get it sorted guys. I haven't noticed anything like that lately. But I haven't played any steam VR games since I updated to the latest version of windows 10. Will try a few games tomorrow and let you know.

Associate
Hope you get it sorted guys. I haven't noticed anything like that lately. But I haven't played any steam VR games since I updated to the latest version of windows 10. Will try a few games tomorrow and let you know.
I've noticed a greater than normal amount of posts on r/oculus recently with people saying that they're having problems. There have also been people complaining that with the current Home release that they can't use the old administrator trick of stopping Home loading when using SteamVR, so I'm wondering if a recent version of Home is the cause of it.

Need to record some footage of it really and send it both Oculus and Valve.

Soldato
If it's only steam games stuttering then it may be the recent steam update that turned supersampling on for all steam VR games. Trouble is it also does it on top of any supersampling you may have setup in the games themselves, or using Oculus Tray Tool.

Associate
If it's only steam games stuttering then it may be the recent steam update that turned supersampling on for all steam VR games. Trouble is it also does it on top of any supersampling you may have setup in the games themselves, or using Oculus Tray Tool.
Good advice for others, but it's not my problem - for me it's literally only the hands that are affected as weird as it is. In SteamVR Home I can stand there with a 1ms rendertime max (so 10ms free per frame), and my hands are lagging and reprojecting all over the place. If I bring up Dash over the top of that, it renders the Oculus Home hands over the SteamVR ones, and the Oculus ones render perfectly smoothly, with the SteamVR hands (well, Touch controller models) lagging behind. I can play anything without hand tracking as I always have with no issues - it just seems that Steam just isn't processing hand tracking correctly.

Associate
Got my Rift + Touch yesterday. Bit of a faff to set-up, usual driver and USB power type issues but got there in the end.

I know I'm a bit old, out of touch and all that but seriously, WOW. Blown away by the immersion of the whole experience and once the GF had tried Beat Sabre, she's hooked too. I spent about 2 hours just doing the Oculus set-up demo! I need a bigger room though. Already battered my knuckles off walls.

So, looking for some interactive type software to get, rather than the open world type stuff like Skyrim. What are the go to noob VR games?

Cheers!

Associate
Robo Recall is pretty much staple fare (great fun and amazing presentation). Rec Room is a given as it's free. Then it depends on your gaming preference. Personally I'd say Eleven Table tennis is an absolute must.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I'm having trouble navigating through the menu's of serious sam, no matter how many time I click on the controller buttons it just does not want to select a menu button. Then all of a sudden it works but I don't know why it suddenly worked and not the 40+ button presses. The controller does work as i tried it in Robot Recall and the batteries are on full charge, I've also done a full setup of the rift.

Soldato
I ordered 1x usb and 1xhdmi 2m cables from the links above and now my headset cuts to black every so often. Im assuming its related to the cables as works fine without them.

Given these were advised to get why am I having issues but seemingly no one else?

Also tried these cables today, the ugreen items and the display in the rift blinks on and off. Fine straight into PC :(

The USB extensions are working with the sensors ok.

Associate
Guys: Rift and motion sickness.

Suffer from motion sickness IRL so I may be out of luck here. Project Cars 2 - I literally cannot go for more than 5 seconds when driving without wanting to projectile vomit. I have same issue when using smooth movement in Skyrim too. Takes me a while to recover from it.

Any tips or methods that might help me get used to this feeling?

Soldato
Guys: Rift and motion sickness.

Suffer from motion sickness IRL so I may be out of luck here. Project Cars 2 - I literally cannot go for more than 5 seconds when driving without wanting to projectile vomit. I have same issue when using smooth movement in Skyrim too. Takes me a while to recover from it.

Any tips or methods that might help me get used to this feeling?
In project cars 2 try turning world movement to 0. In skyrim use teleport. Unfortunately some people are more prone to motion sickness, it does get better with practice.

Associate
In project cars 2 try turning world movement to 0. In skyrim use teleport. Unfortunately some people are more prone to motion sickness, it does get better with practice.

Thanks, that was my first try after doing some Googling. Nope, still bluuuurrghghghgh...........Will keep persevering.

It's on the same track I drive IRL every bloomin week too, thought that might help but no.

Soldato
The best advice is if you feel dizzy or sick, STOP. If you try to push through you will cause your brain to associate VR with feeling ill, making it harder to get acclimatized.

Use teleport in games that allow it, and turn on comfort modes like snap turning, blinders, and other options.
Pick simple experiences at first, and slowly build up to the more demanding ones.

Soldato
Like Ravenger says, don't push through the sick feeling. The moment you feel nauseous quit and go do something else for a while. Some people have to take off the headset completely to recover, I just played a game that didn't make me feel sick.

you will build up resistance over time.

Back
Top Bottom