Oculus Rift

Associate
Have to echo what others have said about Project Cars with the Rift, I expected it just to be kinda like watching it on a normal monitor but with the head tracking to look around.
Was completely blown away by the immersive 3d effect and was pleasantly surprised with the clarity of the dials and readouts.
I know most sim racers only use cockpit view but the roof view makes me chuckle, feels like I'm driving a peddle car round Le Mans. :D

Associate
Drive in cockpit view and then stand up so you're head sticks out of the roof lol. In Live for Speed (just get the free demo to try it out) in VR the helmet is rendered so you can see your head move in the mirror.

Soldato
I have a folding Playseat and a G29 FF Wheel, and when playing Project cars I find myself leaning as I go around the corners like you do in real life. It's an incredibly realistic experience. I just wish the resolution was better.

Then there's the time I played Euro Truck Simulator in VR and on the motorway went to lean my elbow on the non-existent window sill. :D

Soldato
I would exploit the free weekend on that. While you'll see the greatness, your millage may vary on the frustration factor. If your up against anyone that's been playing a while, one bullet will come your way and you'll be spectating for a while. Every time I've gone back to it, I get a stark reminder why I prefer Pavlov:)

Associate
I would exploit the free weekend on that. While you'll see the greatness, your millage may vary on the frustration factor. If your up against anyone that's been playing a while, one bullet will come your way and you'll be spectating for a while. Every time I've gone back to it, I get a stark reminder why I prefer Pavlov:)
My friend plays it a lot so, I've bought it regardless but here's hoping I actually enjoy it.

What's Pavlov like?

Soldato
Counterstrike.

It works, but it lacks the form factor than makes CS shine. The player count needs to be larger, the maps need to feel larger, and the collective buy process at the start of the round needs to be more fluid and intuitive. I have a lot of respect for the game, it's a ton of fun, but really if only valve would pull their head out their and release CS GO it would instantly become the number one VR game.

Soldato
Have to echo what others have said about Project Cars with the Rift, I expected it just to be kinda like watching it on a normal monitor but with the head tracking to look around.
Was completely blown away by the immersive 3d effect and was pleasantly surprised with the clarity of the dials and readouts.
I know most sim racers only use cockpit view but the roof view makes me chuckle, feels like I'm driving a peddle car round Le Mans. :D
It's amazing isn't it. Esspecially open cockpit cars. You can almost feel the bits of grass covering you. It's something else.

Associate
Drive in cockpit view and then stand up so you're head sticks out of the roof lol. In Live for Speed (just get the free demo to try it out) in VR the helmet is rendered so you can see your head move in the mirror.
Get out the car and walk about it, so cool, only thing is the wheels are not rendered on the car you are driving which is quite a shame, but well minted.
Also try the replay in the stand its pretty cool too.

Soldato
Sorry to hijack, I think I'm going to need a USB 3.0 Hub.. is there any recommended ones to use? Don't want to spend the earth

I think any USB 3 hub will do as long as it's a powered one, i.e. one that plugs into the mains rather than getting it's power from the USB 3 port on the computer.

Associate
Got myself a Rift today,Pcars 2,just wow,the immersion is amazing,and it seems to be a niftybit of kit all round.
as above,i need to sort some way of storing everything within easy reach,for me,not my pesky granchildren,lol.
Going to invest in a usb hub too,all mine are used up now.

Associate
Any recommendation's for a powered usb hub?,all of my usb ports are used,and had to plug my keyboard into a front port as the usb on the Y section of cable is very short,so need recommendation on a single usb extender cable too,thank's all.

Back
Top Bottom