Oculus Rift

Associate
Did you buy from us or somewhere else. I'm going to have to manually email out the codes and won't get a chance now until Tuesday at the earliest. If you trust me your order number, letting me know if you've been lucky and had it delivered tomorrow or Saturday, I'll VPN in over the weekend and send you one ASAP.

Don't worry about it
I live pretty remote and the postman doesn't deliver weekends

So even without the bank holiday Friday I wouldn't expect it quickly

Cheers though

Soldato
Now I will the money next week after the sale :( to get a rift.

My question is something like Breakdown Care from Argos worth it? ( I don't know if OCUK offer something like this?

£63
  • Immediate accidental damage cover
  • Unlimited repairs of your product
I was just thinking that with moving about what something happens lol.

Soldato
Just purchased OrbusVR because it's on special offer today. Between the store credit Oculus gave me and the special offer it was pretty cheap.

Anybody else have it? Would be great to do some questing with you guys. Orbus is ok solo but it's amazing in groups.

Associate
Just purchased OrbusVR because it's on special offer today. Between the store credit Oculus gave me and the special offer it was pretty cheap.

Anybody else have it? Would be great to do some questing with you guys. Orbus is ok solo but it's amazing in groups.
I did consider briefly it when it was on the daily sale (co-op was certainly fun on that beta weekend), but the solo side of it was just terrible imo. Maybe it's improved since, but it would have to be a massive improvement to tempt me.

Soldato
I did consider briefly it when it was on the daily sale (co-op was certainly fun on that beta weekend), but the solo side of it was just terrible imo. Maybe it's improved since, but it would have to be a massive improvement to tempt me.

Solo hasn't improved at all, still a few bugs in the game. Think you were right not to buy.

Soldato
Had a rift for a while now, being bank holiday I thought I would finally dig out the Logitech G25 and try both together. Wow what an experience! Project cars 2 worked great, however Dirt Rally was sublime, my arms were moving in real life just as they were in the game, I ended up feeling like I was in Monte Carlo going up a mountain pass....feel real sick now, awesome few hours of gaming! 10/10 will feel sick again soon!

Asa

Asa

Associate
Had a rift for a while now, being bank holiday I thought I would finally dig out the Logitech G25 and try both together. Wow what an experience! Project cars 2 worked great, however Dirt Rally was sublime, my arms were moving in real life just as they were in the game, I ended up feeling like I was in Monte Carlo going up a mountain pass....feel real sick now, awesome few hours of gaming! 10/10 will feel sick again soon!

Play with the setting that fixes the camera to your head rather than the car. I can't remember what the setting is called, or what way to switch it, but for me it made the difference between feeling instantly sick and being able to rally.

Soldato
It came up with like 3 different setting at the start for the head movement, but I'm not sure if I could change it in the menu I just mashed buttons to get past it, and never found a way to change it in the menus though I didn't look much :)

Soldato
Associate
A bit more expensive but I use https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01FQ88CHS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 with a hub plugged in and in the hub I have 2 sensors and the headset and works perfect.

Soldato
Soldato
32 feet good I will check how much I would need to wired around my wall.

16 feet £15 anyways so mite as well get the 32 feet.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MPMFKSI

For the headset extension if I need it I was looking at this.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ethernet-Extension-Supports-Resolution-Television/dp/B00B2HOKKQ
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ugreen-Extension-Female-Transfer-lead 1m/dp/B00P0ES0YE?th=1

I went with this for my headset extension and it works

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A30FLE2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Soldato
I ordered 1x usb and 1xhdmi 2m cables from the links above and now my headset cuts to black every so often. Im assuming its related to the cables as works fine without them.

Given these were advised to get why am I having issues but seemingly no one else?

Associate
I ordered 1x usb and 1xhdmi 2m cables from the links above and now my headset cuts to black every so often. Im assuming its related to the cables as works fine without them.

Given these were advised to get why am I having issues but seemingly no one else?

There are absolutely no guarantees that for any given headset any given extension will work. The electrical tolerances are tight as they are, and extensions won't ever improve that. That said, it's perhaps possible you'd get better results with a different extension (the extensions themselves also face tolerances) but the only way to know for sure if it'll work or not is to buy and try.

Back
Top Bottom