1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oculus Rift

Discussion in 'Virtual Reality' started by Kosmiche, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Cavallino

Capodecina

Cheers UP and melmac.

problem is I am going to be seated at an angle that could potentially be missing the second high sensor.

Sensor___Monitor___ __High Sensor
    ........ Me Seated

....... Me in Roborecall :)

Third Senor

The third sensor would actually be behind me, and as I mentioned I would probably use at shoulder height.

If the second sensor is high up, do you think the third sensor would still detect my motions in seated poisition?

2. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

I think you might be over thinking it, but it's hard to say without knowing what actual measurements we're dealing with.

The link Slam posted earlier should help you. There's also a free app called sensor bounds on the the oculus store that shows you what they can see.

3. melmac

Soldato

I would put all three sensors up high if possible. AS long as one sensor can see you from the front you will be fine for seated games at your monitor. To give you an example, when I sit at my desk the front two sensors are in line with my head, yet I have no problem with seated games. I am actually seated outside of the Guardian boundary.

4. Cavallino

Capodecina

I think you're right gents. Perhaps I am over thinking it.
    Ill give the different scenarios a whirl tomorrow when I receive everything.

You gents have been outstanding in helping me, much appreciation to you both (and others along the way!).

5. melmac

Soldato

Your welcome, good luck with it and don't forget to join the OCUK VR steam chat group.

6. melmac

Soldato

Is anyone playing Fallout 4 VR? Have a question for you guys that do.

I have found a cap stash but can't do anything with it? It's a tin can that I found in a building. I can pick it up, but can't open it and nothing gets added to my cap amount. What do I do with them?

7. Cavallino

Capodecina

Where would I find this steam chat group exactly? Honestly speaking Ive never used this I think!

Also mel - I wanted to ask about Fallout VR4! On Steam it says its only compatible with Vive, but I assume I could still play it with the Rift?

8. Dano

Sgarrista

Yes, FO4VR has been updated and works fine (as well as it can anyway lol) on the rift.

9. Ravenger

Wise Guy

As with Skyrim the controls are a bit weird but it plays fine, providing you have meaty hardware. It's a lot more demanding than Skyrim.

10. melmac

Soldato

If you are on steam you can join the group. Here is the thread with a link to join in the opening post.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ocuk-steam-vr-group-chat.18835374/

And fallout 4 works fine on the Rift. When you get the game, if you get the game, in the properties go to the beta section and opt in to the fallout 1.2 beta. Will explain better if you decide to get the game.

11. Cavallino

Capodecina

Cant find OCUK VR chat group?

12. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

The link is in the post that Melmac linked to.

13. Cavallino

Capodecina

I type in OCUK VR, into the field to search for a chat group but it doesnt come up for me....

14. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

I'm not sure why you're searching. We've given you a direct link.

15. Cavallino

Capodecina

Clicking on the link above taking me to the OCUK thread with a link to the steam chat group: https://steamcommunity.com/chat/invite/LbXqd7xs

But that link takes me to a steam screen which simply states: "Requesting Info" and stays on this page.
    (Hence trying to do it manually by searching for it).

Are the characters correct?

"OCUK VR"
    (with a space inbetween?)

16. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

There's something up on your end perhaps.
    I get this if I click on it:

[​IMG]

Add Petey Spangles on steam and I'll invite you to it if searching doesn't work.

ED: You probably can't search for it because it's just a group chat, not a proper discussion board.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 9:37 PM
  17. Cavallino

Capodecina

I see so in that case do I just create a groupchat or does some need to invite me to it?

18. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

Like I said, add me on steam and I'll invite you.

19. Cavallino

Capodecina

Cheers, sent.

20. imginy

Mobster

Hey guys,

Right so I do realise you guys told me all this before but I'm now looking at getting the prescription lenes and vr covers for my rift and just wanted to make sure im getting the right stuff.

So is there a shop that sells both or should I buy the replacement foams from vr covers and the lenses from else where?

I was thinking of his set of covers
    https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-rift-facial-interface-foam-replacement-standard-set-2/

Is that one ok? Will it be compatible with the lences?