Oculus Rift

Soldato
Am I reading this correct? £30 for the cover?

I think it's 49$ for the one I linked that comes in red or blue and includes 2 sizes so you can choose which one fits best.

People on here seem to really recommend them, I think it will help with the fit on my face (something I'm still struggling to get quite right) and should cope with the sweating better and be nicer for when I share with family/friends.

Soldato
UGREEN 10142 2 m HDMI HDMI Black Cable HDMI – HDMI Cables (2 m, HDMI Type A (Standard), HDMI Type A (Standard), 3d, 10.2 Gbit/s, Black)
UGREEN 10373 USB Extension Lead Extender Cable for Oculus Rift, PS VR, HTC VIVE etc Black 2m

I have this combo of cables but get no display with my Rift, tried a few times and always the same, when I plug the rift back into the PC direct it works first time.

Maybe motherboard USB power related, I will try with either cable separately to see which is causing the issue, the USB extensions work with the sensors OK.

Soldato
I have this combo of cables but get no display with my Rift, tried a few times and always the same, when I plug the rift back into the PC direct it works first time.

Maybe motherboard USB power related, I will try with either cable separately to see which is causing the issue, the USB extensions work with the sensors OK.

could be a faulty cable maybe? Or are you using a longer cable than 3M?

Soldato
It's the HDMI cable extension, I'll see if I can get a replacement.

Yeah, I understood that you were talking about the HDMI cable extension, I was asking is that cable longer than 3 metres? :) Because when you go longer than 3 meters you might need to get a more expensive cable.

Soldato
It's very unusual for HDMI cables shorter than 3M to give trouble, and the Ugreen one is widely recommended. Any luck with the replacement?

Not got one yet, I am going to test the cable with normal HDMI source to see if the cable is 100% fubar before trying to return it.

Soldato
Hey guys I got my face piece from vr covers today.

I'm using the thin red leather one and I have to say it is much better for me now. Yeah it's overpriced think it was like £45 but it fits my face better, I can breath through my nose now, it doesnt get steamed up, it doesnt move around my face and need adjusting all the time, it makes the headset look and feel better quality and if I share it with someone it's not all wet.

My main issue before was it moving about and having to keep readjusting was breaking the immersion for me.

It seems great for anyone like me that can't get the original to sit right.

Associate
Hi all. Hope you are enjoying Christmas.

I have an Msi gf62 8rd laptop with a 1050ti graphics card and have received a rift for Christmas. Problem Is the laptop uses optimus and all connection ports are onto the onboard 670 graphics card therefore the rift is not connecting. I had tried Nvidia control panel and in the bios but neither have the ability to switch optimus off!

I have had the thought of an external graphics card that plug into the usb?. Does anyone know if this is a work around or am I doomed?

Thanks all

Soldato
This new face piece has made a rift a lot more enjoyable for me. Think I done about 6 hours on here today and I will probably go back on later for some more.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I sat on my rift and broke one of the ear pieces! I was just going to get a replacement but for another £7 I could get the ear buds, anyone tried the eat buds and if so are they any good?

Asa

Asa

Associate
I sat on my rift and broke one of the ear pieces! I was just going to get a replacement but for another £7 I could get the ear buds, anyone tried the eat buds and if so are they any good?
I tried the ear buds, but went back to the standard. They're good if you want to block out background noise, but I prefer the comfort and ease of sharing you get with the standard ones.

I'm far from an audiophile though. Both sound good to me.

Soldato
Just tried switching the monitor and Rift ports, i.e. HDMI port direct to screen and Rift via DP -> HDMI 4K 60hz adapter, same issue with the extension leads, black display in the Rift :(

Soldato
Just wondering if anyone can help.

My oculus' audio keeps crackling and popping.

Any idea how to stop it?

Tried reinstalling the oculus and updating all drivers.

The screw on the headphone isn't loose is it? If so you can use the plastic tool supplied with the rift to tighten it.

Also open the Oculus software, and click 'devices' and check that the headset has a green tick next to it, which shows it's connected and has enough USB bandwidth.
You could try moving the headset USB to a different port if you have one spare.

Back
Top Bottom